It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

as soon as i decide to ditch sugar pepsi comes out with something awesome

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
of course they do.

i decided to make a couple little changes as far as my health. not turning into a health nut with a crazy diet plan. just decided to try to eliminate sugar from my diet..started taking a multi vitamin and going to exercise a little.
sounds lame yeah but for me it is huge.
i drink at least 6 cans of soda a day plus a couple glasses of sweet tea. thats every day.

going to try and cut myself down to no more than 1 can of soda per day. after talking with members on here i went and got some stevia liquid sweetener and will be putting that in unsweetened tea. got my vitamin happening.

so i am at cvs today and what do i see?
pepsi fire....
cinnamon flavored pepsi....

tastes awesome. its not hot. just a little touch of cinnamon. its quite good.
im a sucker for all things cinnamon or mint. cant get enough

check it out if thats your thing

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Love the Pepsi fire, man! Thought I was the only one, as the pepsi vendor's around here seem to hate even stocking it, but I love it.

Glad I'm not the only one, lol

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

i drink at least 6 cans of soda a day plus a couple glasses of sweet tea. thats every day.

Theres your sign.

You did say you were having health trouble.

My guess is Pepsi's response to falling revenue is, more additives. Like when cigarette manufactures started putting filters on their cigarettes, or 'coca' cola put 'coca'-ine in their soft drinks. Remember when they started making 'light beer' ?

Don't fall for the 'new and improved' label, the sugar is still in there.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I limit myself to a couple sodas a year but that is more due to the high fructose which is far worse than refined sugar. I'm one who believes we can handle almost anything in moderation, common sense applied of course.

As for vitamins, I only use live vitamins. Some simple but slightly time consuming research will show you regular dead vitamins are at best, a waste of money for the average person. Potentially far worse depending on composition. Some even contain high amounts of toxic heavy metals. Stick with a reputable live vitamin!

Just my 2 cents, but hey life is meant to be lived. That much is hard to argue

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Look into getting a soda stream, you can flavor and sweeten better than any soft drink on the market. It's also fun messing with different experiments.

As for the tea, I understand if you have a religious like bond with regular sweet tea as I once did. However, teavana has a loose tea called jade citrus mint (green tea, lemon grass, and mint) it kind of changed my life. It's good stuff and I did a price comparison, and it's not to much more than traditional bags.

Its also good enough I only use 12-16 grams of sugar per quart.

All that being said, continue to cut sugar and you will see many life improvements. You'll also be able to uptake your fat intake if you reduce it low enough, and that too will be beneficial.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've cut down on my pop (that's how we say it in the midwest) consumption. I have maybe one a week. That said, I'm a pepsi man and I need to find this!

Has anyone tried the Pepsi 1893 line of colas? The are quite tasty.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Maybe they are trying to pull in some Coca Cola fans.
Coke has always had cinnamon.
edit on b000000302017-06-18T12:59:50-05:0012America/ChicagoSun, 18 Jun 2017 12:59:50 -05001200000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

but with this pepsi i can taste it

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It doesn't mean you don't have to try it once, as long as it doesn't become a habit.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: butcherguy

but with this pepsi i can taste it

It must be a personal taste thing. Cinnamon has always stood out for me in Coca Cola.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

It doesn't mean you don't have to try it once, as long as it doesn't become a habit.

im going to be good.
i bought 2 bottles. been drinking on one for a while and going to save the other for work.
going to stick to my original goal

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

why the hell are [ were ] you drinking 6 cans / day ??????????????????

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

why the hell are [ were ] you drinking 6 cans / day ??????????????????

cause im thirsty all the time and i dont like water.
ive probably drank that many a day for 20 years

after talking to people i think that might be why i am thirsty all the time

all thats over now

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Yikes! That's a lot of sugary drinks there...tons of calories and such.

I was at 2 to 3 20oz bottles a few years ago, now I'm at 1 or 2 20oz bottles per month. Reading a study by the AMA convinced me to stay away from drinking a lot of soda.

Good luck to you, It's not an easy road but it's a healthy one.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I highly suggest ordering liquid splenda from Amazon (get the EZ-Sweetz brand). Make your tea as normal then use several drops of the liquid - it tastes just like sugar without the maltodextrin binder (the powder in the packets). That makes it zero calorie and zero carbohydrate. I use it to flavor everything, coffee, lemon water, etc. I've been using it for years and it is wonderful.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: oriondc
I highly suggest ordering liquid splenda from Amazon (get the EZ-Sweetz brand). Make your tea as normal then use several drops of the liquid - it tastes just like sugar without the maltodextrin binder (the powder in the packets). That makes it zero calorie and zero carbohydrate. I use it to flavor everything, coffee, lemon water, etc. I've been using it for years and it is wonderful.

would that be better than stevia?
i am not really worried about calories

1 damn can of sugar is 40 grams of sugar

apparently that is a lot

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
that liquid splenda says it has sucralose in it

isnt that pretty bad for you too?

this is what i have now

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_16_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1497812092&sr=8-16&keywords=liquid%2Bs tevia&th=1

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I've cut down on my pop (that's how we say it in the midwest) consumption. I have maybe one a week. That said, I'm a pepsi man and I need to find this!

Has anyone tried the Pepsi 1893 line of colas? The are quite tasty.

That's funny calling it "pop", my family is from Wisconsin and my mom still calls it pop. We have lived in Phoenix for over 20 years and down here it is referred to as soda. She refuses to change I guess some habits are hard to break.

I rarely drink soda, haven't had a can yet this year, but I may have to try that new Pepsi. It sounds good.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Suralose (generic form of Splenda/EZ-Sweetz, etc.) was used in Europe for decades before it was allowed in the US, with no ill effects. I have personally used it for 10+ years also with no ill effects.

Stevia tastes nothing like sugar/sucralose (it has a bitter aftertaste). Sucralose is a modified form of regular sugar, so it tastes like sugar. Sucralose is also much stronger than stevia, so it takes much less to make something sweet.

You could always try a few - there is also monkfruit, which I prefer to stevia. But the sucralose (especially liquid - so much faster and easier than opening a bunch of packets) in my opinion is the best, hands down.

Also, how are you not worried about calories? Empty calories in sugary soft drinks is a real waste of caloric intake that could come from better stuff (like cake).

edit on 6182017 by oriondc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

i just dont care about the calories.
i want to rectify the constant thirst and i also have urinary problems so i want to cut the sugar and see what happens.
not worried about diet or weight loss.

interesting about the sucralose.
i thought stevia was going to be the best thing cause its all natural.
so sucralose would be better?

lets forget about bitter aftertaste or how much you have to use.

which is more healthy?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join