It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Call of Duty Let’s You Play as Black Female Nazis Because… Social Justice

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Lots of different kinds of people play COD. So why not have someone who ID's as a Nazi?

You can play as a black female Nazi.

“What we wanted to do was acknowledge the fan base that already existed,” Producer Matt Rubin told Polygon. “We have a lot of different kinds of people who play [Call of Duty] and we want them to be represented when we do character creation.”
tribunist.com...

Kind of a departure from COD, it is a event driven game. Seems "over the top".

Those who question this logic point to the fact that the game has a historical timeline based on real events. The inclusion of black women Nazis seems over-the-top, even for video game standards.

As the team at Polygon reports, “the game’s multiplayer modes, including Team Death Match and the new War Mode, will give players a wide variety of options for customizing their avatar.

But thank God the swastikas in the multi player game are gone. I do not see what the point is. Is the swastika worse than the confederate flag?

They didn't want the dark symbol to taint customs and regulations of different territories (sales of the game). It would be banned in many countries. Like blowing each other's heads off isn't dark. What a lofty moral guy this Michael Condrey of Sledgehammer Games is. A true Mother Theresa.

All of this is interesting, but it gets even more confusing when you find out that the multiplayer version of the game has scrubbed out all of the Nazi insignia. No swastikas.
“We didn’t feel like it was appropriate there,” Michael Condrey of Sledgehammer Games said. “It’s a dark symbol and we have to be really respectful and mindful of customs and regulations of different territories and we wanted the whole community to play it together. You’ll see it in the campaign in a historical and accurate way but not in multiplayer and zombies.”

edit on 17-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Lol cool. When they realise it was and still is a Hindu sign for peace maybe they will let the symbols stay. Nazi's stealing a logo and Turing it from positive to sinister.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I see this as a clever troll. Suddenly SJW gamers not sure whether to offer applause or scorn

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Ask Marvel how the comic book went.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yeah, well .. why not?

It is when it is the other way around it bothers me - you know, when someone tells us, that we cannot have a fictional character that is so and so.

By all means, let them have wiggan indian dwarf characters in their game, if they find that that will help them corer a demographic - because that is what it is about, cashing in. It is not like they propose it to be an educational game and have it become mandatory material for college students.

So .. yeah .. go crazy, Actavision.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
THIS IS JUST SICK!!

Wait, is she hot?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Only in 2017 do we see "outrage," over fictional video game sprites.

That "article," from Tribunal is one of the biggest jokes of journalism (gaming) I've ever seen.

I'm not even sure what the point of this thread is. I'm not sure what the point of my comment is.

#ing amazing, folks choose to be outraged and whine over the silliest # imaginable.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I wonder if this isn't some kind of cynicism?

As NarcBuddha also pointed out.

Poking the "NuNazi's" in the eye, are are they?

I decided I'd see what comes up on Youtube: |black nazi's|
The "Ghetto News Network" had this most illuminating piece: The first black nazi in chicago. Lol
The Young Turks also had this: White Supremacist Finds Out His Ancestors Were Black

Perhaps that guy would call this turn of events "statistical noise"???

edit on 17-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Yeah, well .. why not?

It is when it is the other way around it bothers me - you know, when someone tells us, that we cannot have a fictional character that is so and so.

By all means, let them have wiggan indian dwarf characters in their game, if they find that that will help them corer a demographic - because that is what it is about, cashing in. It is not like they propose it to be an educational game and have it become mandatory material for college students.

You mean to tell me - Call of Duty - a fictional video game regularly using set pieces such as stopping global warfare/domination through climbing on nukes, shooting into space to fight tyrant overlords, and has been heavily dependent on jumppack gameplay with laser weapons and cyborg-abilities isn't historically accurate and is *gasp* a VIDEO GAME?

Say it ain't so!

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'm not even sure what the point of this thread is.

Stars and flags.

Either that or there is cover up of all the SJWs who demanded a black female Nazi character on COD???
Yeah maybe that's what it was... /sarc

link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Hindus used a right handed swastika and Nazis used a left handed swastika, entirely changes it's symbology. Just like an inverted pentagram isn't the same as a n actual pentagram.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I see this as a clever troll. Suddenly SJW gamers not sure whether to offer applause or scorn

Nah, it isn't a troll, just read some of the video game reviews that all they obsess over is diversity?

Remember Gamergate?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Only in 2017 do we see "outrage," over fictional video game sprites.

Only in 2017??? How long have you been a gamer?

There has always been outrage over games and their graphics.

edit on 17-6-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I remember when people lost their minds over the government getting involved over violent video games, but I guess SJW's losing their minds over diversity is cool........

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You can play as a black female Nazi

How can you tell if they are Nazi if they can't have swastikas? Or is it that they can simply choose their gender and color no matter what side they play on?

If it is the second then the article is just trying to stir things up.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's a video game. Who cares what they allow you to do?

There are video games where you stick your butt over the side of a building and score points by crapping on people. All sorts of stuff out there we can be outraged about.

Or not. I really don't care one bit what people do with video games, as long as they are fun to play.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Of course it is. It's a veiled joke. You think sensitivity enters the equation of programmers who make a FPS

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yeah, well .. why not?

a reply to: DupontDeux

It is "them" and "us" even in stupid (and yes it is stupid) video games.

edit on 17-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

This is no joke, I am an avid 7 Days 2 Die player, and they just came out with a new update. Just so happens there are stripper zombies (female) who do not have tops on so yea, boobies! Well there are already people who are asking for them to be covered up because they have children who play the game. Ummmmmm, so your kids killing zombies is cool, but seeing some natural female breasts are offensive?

See the disconnect there?

Crazies on both side of the fence if you ask me.....

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

But you clicked and commented.

Must bother you at some level.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join