It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could find out the exact date of your death..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: Jefferton

No..

And if one could, those who did will do some pretty crazy stunts
Jumping out of a plane without a parachute.. or getting into a fight with Mike Tyson..
Because you know you wont die

Maybe not die, but living in a coma until the date of death, not so fun.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: Jefferton

That would pose a paradoxical conundrum.

If you knew the exact date of your own death, that would essentially make you immortal until that time arrived. You could do anything without fear of killing yourself.

Hmm, here's a possible explanation for that. You wouldn't be immortal because if your time to die had already been determined, at the time you find out when you will die it would have already been determined whether you would accept that or jump off a bridge at 8 p.m. that day to attempt to screw with fate, in which case your predetermined time to die would have been revealed as 8 p.m. Err wait...boy my argument sounds really circular doesn't it...

On topic, yes I would want to know because I could guarantee you I would live life more adventurous than I do now, especially if I knew my time was short!

edit on 13-6-2017 by jburg6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2017 by jburg6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Damn right I want to know! Just don't tell my insurance agent...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jburg6

I'm assuming that the OP meant that the date of your death was fixed -- as in one way or the other. Like Christmas. No matter what you do, it's always on December 25.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
In the grand scheme of time...we have very little left. Instead of changing gears thinking death is just around the corner, one may look at living life in the present, know what you want to do, and just live and let those people live in peace. The secret to a good person's life is having many miss you when you are absent, dead or just not in their company. I would like to know...because it's just my nature...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sure I'll take it. In a sealed envelope. Not to be opened until I have done all I can to live life to its fullest every minute I can. It's never been about quantity but quality. It's what you do with the tiny little dash between birth and death. Some people die spiritually years before physical death and I cannot fathom a worse existence. To live in pain or disability and become a frustrated burden is equally unsatisfactory. Thing is,most of us meander through life never really living and don't think about our own demise till it's staring us in the face. Date or no date...live like you will die tomorrow. Because you think you have time to do everything you want......

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I had a dream a few years ago and I often have dreams that tell me my future in symbolic terms. I was in between wake and sleep when I saw a watch being moved up to 82. My first thought was the age of my death. Don't recall but seems I was thinking something death related at the time.

I have a few more years than I would like at the moment to wait. Then there is the question, will it be a self fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I would love to know the exact date and circumstances

If you knew that and knew it was impossible to change the outcome then you literally would be invincible until that date.
edit on 13/6/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
For me, I don't think knowing the date would be enough. I'd want to know how it happens. Some deaths I would try to avoid. If you knew you were going to die a terribly painful death you may take a different route.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Let me know. I can handle it, and allows for me to set up insurance plans that benefit my family and friends!! Lol.

I need a receipt though for free drinks however. Hahaha..

edit on E30America/ChicagoTue, 13 Jun 2017 19:58:14 -05006pmTuesdayth07pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
For me, I don't think knowing the date would be enough. I'd want to know how it happens. Some deaths I would try to avoid. If you knew you were going to die a terribly painful death you may take a different route.

The end result is the same, so what does it matter?

If the end result is your death, then when it happens you'll be more appreciative when it does.

You will feel more than most what it means to be alive before you go.....The release will be amazing!!

edit on E30America/ChicagoTue, 13 Jun 2017 19:56:47 -05006pmTuesdayth07pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Not talking about avoiding death. I'm talking about avoiding horrible prolonged suffering. I've had natural childbirth 3 times, and kidney stones. I would like to avoid future suffering, particularly if it had to be done in front of my family.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I feel the opposite. Instead of fearing it that it could happen at any time. Knowing would probably make me live fuller. Try to take it all in before I die. Knowing that that's when I pass.

I think I would like to know.

Thanks for the thought. S&F

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Grandpappy knew the exact date, and the time he was going to die!!!

Yup: It was the judge who told him.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Id want to know. Just so I can time an Epic party. I swear to the heavens that would be my proriety!!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I already know how I die. But I came back!

If i were mortal, I'd do what the guy on page one mentioned. Skydiving minus the parachute. Over the ocean preferrably.
edit on 14-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I would like to know and hope that it is soon.

Too weak to live here, but there is something within me preventing suicide. Don't quite know what it is but i dislike it.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
I would like to know and hope that it is soon.

Too weak to live here, but there is something within me preventing suicide. Don't quite know what it is but i dislike it.

Hiya Fin.
The wolves inside you are arguing.

Hope this thread will give you some strength:
Sticks

PS: Please PM me, if you want to chat.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I dont see a Difference in knowing the day or just knowing one day you will die .
We all will die ONE day so if knowing the exact day somehow changes what you do in life then why not change it ?
Because one thing for sure you will die .
Its mystifies me why it makes a difference ?
My mother inlaw was a drunk who finly drunk her self to death she know good darn and well years before she died it was killing her .
On her death bed she told my wife she was sorry for being such a louse mother .
Now seeing it was true why? she knew so tell my why she did change it when she could ?
Saying you will change knowing you will die is pointless . YOU WILL die so if there something you want to change do it now wile you can .
No none of you would change a thing because if you wanted to you would have already done it .
Me all i want ( assuming there is a GOD is when i stand in front of him to be able to Truthfully say I did my best )
Then say no thanks keep your after life . Life sucked and it was only what ever years and you want me to sing for EVER .?
Ps cant sing anyway not even in the shower .

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Hiya Fin.
The wolves inside you are arguing.

Hope this thread will give you some strength:
Sticks

Yeah you know what? it actually gave me some strength. Thank you for your kindness!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join