It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handing out sticks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hello.
I found this picture on my facebook feed this morning. I live in a small town where young people are committing suicide at an alarming rate, and a lot of people (of all ages) are feeling stressed and overwhelmed. (The rest of my comments are below the image.)

I know a lot of people who are suffering right now. One of them concerns me...the others I wouldn't consider suicidal, but you honestly can never tell. I personally am suffering much pain and unhappiness too, and my own way of coping is by "handing out sticks".

Since I began writing this I realized something. I'm able to continue handing out sticks because many people here are always handing them to me.

I actively participate in a certain thread, one that is mocked for it's content at times. But it IS a thread full of real people who continually hand out sticks to others. No begging required. Sometimes my brief encounters with members here is enough to send me out into the world, to spend time with those who are sick, in pain and lonely...and to hand out sticks along the way. I usually come back here afterwards, to re-stock my own supply.

A lot of us are feeling more lonely than ever lately. Some of us are feeling isolated, we've lost friends and loved ones to death, Alzheimer's, broken relationships and even distance. Maybe those were the people that gave us our sticks and now we don't know what to do.

I have met more kind souls through internet anonymity than in real life face-to-face encounters. Perhaps it's that certain amount of anonymity that allows some of us to open up and be honest, without fearing the all-too-real backlash of gossip, rumour and judgement (within familiar circles).

There is no need to be without...when so many of us here are just handing out sticks.
jacy

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Fantastic and thoughtful.
I don't have any more to say at the moment but, wanted you to know your post was read and appreciated.
I will always shave a stick for you anytime you need one

Your 'realness' and openness as well as your compassion are just some of the reasons I am proud/happy to call you friend.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I have met more kind souls through internet...

Me too. Then I eated them.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

"Handing Out of Sticks" with a softness as only a female can. It helps rub off the hard edges of this male dominated domain. 'Tis a pity it doesn't reach further out into the world, but it has enough of a challenge right here.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh Jacy, this was just wonderful. I have an overwhelming urge to give you this stick.. well it does have a flower on the end..

Of course, if anyone needs anything a bit more sturdy (if you must fight your way through the jungle today) I've got these:

Thanks for this Jacy.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I really wish I could figure out how to quote both of you (and reply) in the same message, lol.

Mockingbird/Chirp/Thelma...You have been a consistent source of sticks dear friend...and thank you for occasionally 'poking' me with them!

Augustus...Laughter is the always the best medicine for me. Plus when you pick on me it gives me a mission...payback! lol

Thanks guys,

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Jacy – This is beautiful! I hope that you realize how many people’s lives you touch. You are such a special personal who has a special way of seeing into a person and being able to see the pain that person is feeling.

I think this is very inspiring. I especially liked this part:

How is that helpless? I think that’s incredible. You’re like a marine: trapped for years behind enemy lines, your gun has been taken away, you’re out of ammo, you’re malnourished, and you’ve probably caught some kind of jungle virus that’s making you hallucinate giant spiders.

^^^^^THIS is so very true!!!! And so perfectly worded!
[[[HUGS]]]

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Hey Aliensun!
Wow, I'm honoured that you stopped by.

To be honest, I have quite a few male friends here who have handed me sticks, hahaha....but I will never tell on them because I wouldn't want to ruin their reputations.

Hi zosimov!
Thank you for the flower, much appreciated. (a stick is not always a stick, eh?)
I'm also honoured that you came by.

I literally agonized over whether or not to post this, but decided that somebody might need to read it today!
jacy

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Nice to do these things in the written world of the net but
Really, shouldn't we be applying this in the real world, and how?

And let's not call them sticks, how about love compassion and encouragement.
Most times you need to walk through the jungles with others, it's nice to have more than a stick as company

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Nice to do these things in the written world of the net but
Really, shouldn't we be applying this in the real world, and how?

And let's not call them sticks, how about love compassion and encouragement.
Most times you need to walk through the jungles with others, it's nice to have more than a stick as company

Hi Raggedyman!
I guess that was my point, lol.

I do try to spend my time handing out sticks, which to me translates to mean "hope, love, compassion, encouragement, etc."
The reason I'm able to do this is because of the love & support that I get from my friends here. They lift me up when I am down, make me laugh, send me private messages and basically fill my "love cup" enough that I can then share out in the real world. (I voluntarily am care-giving 3 people right now)

Without their sticks, I would only feel sorry for myself and my ability to keep giving love would likely diminish.
Thank you for taking the time to read and reply!
jacy

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I understand the frustration of not being given some relief, how that wears and grinds on people. Sticks? Can't eat sticks.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
...and basically fill my "love cup" enough...

Is that like a pimp cup or something? Is it all sparkly and bejeweled?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This is a beautiful thread. That is all.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Love ya, sweetie.

You know where I am anytime, I have plenty of sticks collected from all of my journeys. You're not alone, and you are appreciated more than you know!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
swanne...Thank you! Much appreciated!!

intrptr...I watched the video. Feeding the hungry is handing out sticks to me. I've been both the giver and the receiver, and yeah...being hungry yet surrounded by food you can't have/buy is a crime.

Augustus...Well I'm referring to my 'heart' (under the bra cup maybe, but totally pimp-free!)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
tigertatzen and BuzzyWigs...Two ladies who definitely walk softly and carry big sticks!

Thank you for the love.
I will spread it as far as I can.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Jacy – This is beautiful! I hope that you realize how many people’s lives you touch. You are such a special personal who has a special way of seeing into a person and being able to see the pain that person is feeling.

I think this is very inspiring. I especially liked this part:

How is that helpless? I think that’s incredible. You’re like a marine: trapped for years behind enemy lines, your gun has been taken away, you’re out of ammo, you’re malnourished, and you’ve probably caught some kind of jungle virus that’s making you hallucinate giant spiders.

^^^^^THIS is so very true!!!! And so perfectly worded!
[[[HUGS]]]

Marty!! Ack!! I missed your response!! I'm sorry!

Thank you for such kind words, honestly...I didn't mean this thread to be about me.
If anything it was a thank-you to all the people here who keep 'handing out sticks' to me when I'm here...the friends who lift me up when I'm down, and how all that helps me to go forward and basically do the same for others.

Also a place for anybody who is feeling low (and alone)...to know that there ARE people here who care!

Sometimes the people we expect to be there for us often aren't...and the ones who are, are people we would never expect.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

edit on 30-3-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Hi Jacy! Don't ever lose your spirit, you are a wonderful human being and we need more people like you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join