It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions personally asked Congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Y'know, when medicinal marijuana first came about I was really excited about it, but also had reservations. Even though I've been suffering migraines since I was 2(I'm 38 currently) and marijuana was the only thing that actually helped, I never got my license. I even had one guy who was going to be a medicinal grower offer to buy my license, as long as I allowed him to grow my legal number of plants. I always feared that by getting a license, you would be on a list that one day they may use against you. As time went on, this fear started going away......well, until Jeff Sessions, that is.

Hearing what he has to say about marijuana users is really disheartening. Apparently we're all bad people. It's the "task-force" he put together to determine whether or not they should attempt to take away state rights regarding it, and reading stuff like this where he consistently pushes congress to let him come after smokers is ridiculous. It makes me wonder that if he got his way, would he/could he use MMJ registration files to go after every single person who had a license??

I'm not saying it will happen, it's just a concern I've had since the beginning which is resurfacing thanks to recent events. So for anyone who may have some insight, could he do this?? Could he possibly attain those files and use them as probable cause to get a warrant and search any of these homes?? I'm sure they'd find any medical products, such as oils, creams, edibles, and even herb.....enough stuff to put the person away for a long time with his harsh draconian ideals.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I guess states' rights only applies selectively, such as when it involves transgender rights, and not when it involves medical issues, "that reel bad mary-ju-ana," or anything of the such, eh?

Hypocrites.

But, but..

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Dude I know... Culture here even in Maryland regarding the plant (where its only decriminalized but medical is legal) is VASTLY different than even 4 years ago. What Sessions is doing here is just going backwards and a HUGE slap in the face of the will of the public.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Good thing is that public servants serve the public only. He should've asked for a toke instead, medical hemp is here to stay. I'm not sure he is here to stay as well.

#SessionsMadness

What a joke.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have been a Trump supporter and basically still am. That said, medical marijuana is the right direction to go as well as states keeping control. Private prisons are wrong as they are literally profiting from crime. The money going to prison should go to rehabs for abuser if anyone really cared about the person above profit.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: vor78

That's got to be one of the most pathetic attempts at shifting the discussion to Obama I've seen on ATS in a while, and that takes some doing.

There's nothing "common sense" about reversing states' medical weed laws. Nothing. At. All.

Not really. I'm just using Obama's rhetoric to make a greater point, that we should all be more supportive and understanding of others' individual freedoms. Eventually, the government is going to come after something you support, all wrapped up nice and neat as common sense or something similar. Do you want all those people who were concerned about their loss of rights in another situation backing you on this, even if its not a freedom they particularly value? Or would you rather they all turn their backs and say, 'Why should we help you? Where were you when the rights WE cared about were under attack?'

THAT is my point.

edit on 13-6-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A study (pay walled) was just done that claims that States bordering Mexico that have passed medical marijuana laws are seeing a reduction in crime.

The reduction in crime is strongest for counties close to the border (less than 350km), and for crimes that relate to drug trafficking.

Sessions is just a greedy, control freak.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me in the least. As someone who doesn't like Trump or any of the swamp creatures he's appointed, I say go for it, try to take people's medicine away. See how that goes.

The backlash this administration will receive will dwarf even the travel ban, and it will be the nail in the coffin for Trump and his merry band of 1980's drug warriors.

I work in the cannabis industry, and at this point, I say bring it. I'm proud of my state for having the balls to not cave in to this administration's ignorant and outdated ideas.

Do they really think the thousands of parents who now have an alive, normal child thanks to CBD oil are going to stay silent on this?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That's got to be one of the most pathetic attempts at shifting the discussion to Obama I've seen on ATS in a while, and that takes some doing.

There's nothing "common sense" about reversing states' medical weed laws. Nothing. At. All.

Not really. I'm just using Obama's rhetoric to make a greater point, that we should all be more supportive and understanding of others' individual freedoms. Eventually, the government is going to come after something you support, all wrapped up nice and neat as common sense or something similar. Do you want all those people who were concerned about their loss of rights in another situation backing you on this, even if its not a freedom they particularly value? Or would you rather they all turn their backs and say, 'Why should we help you? Where were you when the rights WE cared about were under attack?'

THAT is my point.

I commend you on this. This is exactly what we need more of. But ATS is more fun for people to be hard left or right with blinders on. Your olive branch earlier was proof. Showing hypocracy is never accepted.

Nearly all threads could be summed up to things we ALL agree on such as rights and limits of power.

Like here we agree that the rights of a state should be upheld whether or not they want medical or recreational MJ.

I feel like we need more of you on here.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Sessions crawled out of a sewer, never mind the swamp.
MAGA..go team private prisons.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
AG Sessions is on the wrong side of history on this. From what I see, marijuana makes people act happier...more relaxed. If true, that's always a good thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

He's probably getting money from alcohol companies and private prisons. But the worst part of what he said would be taking the "war on drugs" which was lost anyway, and reinventing it for the 20th century...where it will be lost again.

There are Billions and Billions of dollars that could be earned, not spent, if Marijuana is legalized. Perhaps we could follow the examples of Portugal and The Netherlands.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't think they want people happy or relaxed, they prefer, scared, on edge, and at each others throats.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Dang I think. i'm tired from
giving stars to every post.
Well done everyone

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Okay. But this line

I guess common sense isn't so common when the shoe is on the other foot, huh?

sorta lends itself to the idea that you're trying to inject some partisanship into this. You say you aren't and that's all well and good, fine, but that particular line doesn't really line up with the rest of your sentiment.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm a conservative and an enthusiastic Trump supporter who also supports (and voted for) my state's (Washington) current marijuana law.

I am not a user of marijuana myself.

The problem with the OP, is that not only is this old news, it's not even an issue at this point. Trump has already signed a bill maintaining the status quo on state marijuana laws.

In his own words...

"Division B, section 537 provides that the Department of Justice may not use any funds to prevent implementation of medical marijuana laws by various States and territories. I will treat this provision consistently with my constitutional responsibility to take care that the laws be faithfully executed."

Trump has not only consistently maintained his support of States' 10th Amendment rights, but has repeatedly confirmed that he is "100% in favor" of [a state's right to regulate] medical marijuana laws.

Trump makes policy, Sessions works for Trump, and probably only a few political junkies like me immediately recognized the AG's letter to Congress [linked in OP] as more of a funding ploy than anything else.

For the record, it was hero of the Left and DEMOCRAT Franklin D. Roosevelt who made weed illegal in the first place. Even liberal Messiah Obama was no fan of "legalized" marijuana. In 2012,
Rolling Stone Magazine published it's now-famous "Obama's War on Pot" cover.

Blaming Trump, who as it turns out has actually just PROTECTED one's ability to get their weed (depending upon state law of course) for waging "war" on marijuana is just about as disingenuous as it gets.

So smoke up, me hearties! Big Bad Ol' Trump isn't coming for your herb any time soon.

Statement by President Donald J. Trump on Signing H.R. 244 into Law

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
Blaming Trump, who as it turns out has actually just PROTECTED one's ability to get their weed (depending upon state law of course) for waging "war" on marijuana is just about as disingenuous as it gets.

Blaming Trump? You clearly didn't read my OP. The only thing I blamed Trump for in this OP was appointing Sessions in the first place.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Blaming Trump? You clearly didn't read my OP. The only thing I blamed Trump for in this OP was appointing Sessions in the first place.

You're wasting your time.

Dude is taking about "smoke up!," when the actual issue is medicinal use (which is primarily in the forms of non-psychoactive pills aka it doesn't get you high). Poster also has to bring partisan-BS into it to show how evil lefties are and how great righties are.

My favorite part (and I quote):

a few political junkies like me immediately recognized the AG's letter

That's all that needs to be said. Grandiloquent and grandiose all at the same time. Us mere peons denizens couldn't possibly understand something on the level like one of the last remaining political junkies lol....

"Lock her up."
"No more regime change."
"The buck stops at Trump."

Your camp is full of #. Just like the liberal camp under Obama's presidency.

How's it go now..... "where there's smoke, there's fire?"

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I read your OP. I know the motivations behind it.

Turns out it was a lot of engineered panic for nothing.

Did you have anything else or was that it?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

The OP was about the Trump Administration -- supposedly though AG Sessions, endangering citizens' rights under vatious state laws to enjoy their medical marijuana.

Turns out that ship has sailed.

It's not happening.

I apologize for making such a simple statement of fact that apparently made you so angry.
edit on 13-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has no legacy other than failure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join