It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions personally asked Congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I guess if you cannot get anything done such the case of getting your standing president out of hot water, and shutting down the lies of the Lefties; you have to turn your attention to something you can do?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

For the record, it was hero of the Left and DEMOCRAT Franklin D. Roosevelt who made weed illegal in the first place.

No he didn't he placed a tax on it. Also any charges placed upon people wasn't for possession or growing but rather for not paying the tax.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

As I read it again, it probably comes across a little more partisan than I intended. The point was that some who perhaps have supported restricting individual freedoms in the past are now finding themselves on the wrong side of the equation and that maybe there's a lesson to be learned there about respect for opposing positions and supporting all of our rights and freedoms.

edit on 13-6-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So it's just "nothing to see here folks! Move along!" again huh? Nothing to say about Sessions' conduct here? All's fine because Papa Trump signed this bill.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: Shamrock6

As I read it again, it probably comes across a little more partisan than I intended. The point was that some who perhaps have supported restricting individual freedoms in the past are now finding themselves on the wrong side of the equation and that maybe there's a lesson to be learned there about respect for opposing positions and supporting all of our rights and freedoms.

Just an FYI I've been singing the "Legalize it" song since I joined the forums and these discussions were strictly prohibited. If you were to percentile the topics I tend to write about, pot would probably be at the top of the list by a good few percentage points.

I don't care who the current President is or what team he is on. Pot shouldn't be illegal in any way shape or form. Medical marijuana being an obvious extension of that statement.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So it's just "nothing to see here folks! Move along!" again huh? Nothing to say about Sessions' conduct here? All's fine because Papa Trump signed this bill.

Pretty much, okay Jeff is a moron and he did ask but was denied, now what?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Why is Jeff still the AG? He clearly doesn't have the best interests of Americans at heart here.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

For the record, it was hero of the Left and DEMOCRAT Franklin D. Roosevelt who made weed illegal in the first place.

No he didn't he placed a tax on it. Also any charges placed upon people wasn't for possession or growing but rather for not paying the tax.

August 2, 1937 President Franklin Roosevelt signed federal legislation that banned cannabis use, production and sales; including for industrial hemp.

This from the pot-heads at NORML re: FDR making weed ILLEGAL

[T]he Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 which effectively banned its use and sales.

1937 Marijuana Tax Act ... Congress passed the Marijuana Tax Act. The statute effectively criminalized marijuana, restricting possession of the drug to individuals who paid an excise tax for certain authorized medical and industrial uses.
Source (PBS)

The fact is, as anyone who's studied the history of marijuana in the U.S. knows, Congress INTENTIONALLY passed (and FDR signed) the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 as a "tax" for one reason -- to ban the production and use of cannabis, and make that "ban" impervious to court challenges after its passage.

The federal government first regulated marijuana in 1937, when Congress passed the Marijuana Tax Act. ... Congress deemed an act taxing and regulating drugs, rather than prohibiting them, less susceptible to legal challenge.
Source

I hope that clears things up for you.

edit on 13-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I will vouch for this, but FDR only signed the bill. The real culprits were Henry Anslinger and Randolph Hearst (mostly Anslinger thought, Hearst just ran the propaganda arm) lobbying Congress to for the bill despite science disagreeing with them.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Wrong again...

I have been a vocal opponent of the Sessions appointment. I know why he's there, but I would have preferred someone else.

Trump makes policy, not Sessions. I would expect a career-long anti-drug crusader like Sessions to be -- Drum Roll Please! -- anti-pot. No surprise there. But he's a very good lawyer and he knows that the Fed's would lose a fight with states like my own who have invoked the 10th Amendment and established their own marijuana regulations.

Sessions is posturing and looking to pad the DOJ budget. That's really it.

Do I like it...?

Not really. But it's of little or no consequence because it's contrary to President Trump's stated, and now codified, policy.

Personally, I don't think Sessions lasts long.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Personally, I don't think Sessions lasts long.

I hope you are right.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I will vouch for this, but FDR only signed the bill. The real culprits were Henry Anslinger and Randolph Hearst (mostly Anslinger thought, Hearst just ran the propaganda arm) lobbying Congress to for the bill despite science disagreeing with them.

Funny you should mention Hearst...

There are so many parallels between his using his media empire (such as it was) to spread false propaganda about marijuana in the 1930's and what much of the established MSM is doing today to Trump.

BTW -- I don't blame FDR for the 1937 Act. I doubt he cared one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

Why is Jeff still the AG? He clearly doesn't have the best interests of Americans at heart here.

That's a weak reason to have him fired and I'm all for legalizing it but I think there is more important things for us to worry about then Jeffs misguided opinion on weed.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Funny you should mention Hearst...

There are so many parallels between his using his media empire (such as it was) to spread false propaganda about marijuana in the 1930's and what much of the established MSM is doing today to Trump.

That's a stretch... I feel like the real parallel is in the right wing media lock step reporting only good stuff about Trump, but agree to disagree. Though propaganda is propaganda. It all follows the same patterns. There are only so many ways to lie to propagate lies convincingly. Once you are familiar with the tactics you see it everywhere. Both left and right media.

BTW -- I don't blame FDR for the 1937 Act. I doubt he cared one way or the other.

Yeah. That's what I was getting at too.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

IMO this will hurt a Trump run in 2020. Better for Congress to at least get it off of schedule1.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

IMO this will hurt a Trump run in 2020. Better for Congress to at least get it off of schedule1.

How can it "hurt Trump" when he didn't act on it and instead signed legislation days later that maintains the status quo?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Sessions was literally turned down to be a federal judge for being a racist piece of #. How is it that people think that he is any different now that he is a senile piece of #?

I agree on the MJ laws and agree the opiate sickness is a disease and the drug lords need to lose their business to legalization and conviction for Tax evasion and whatever else they can tack on from past thuggery.

But is Sessions really a Racist POS for taking OUT the KKK not letting them walk? We all know the left is in the KKK after all.

It is Either that, or you believe the lies again Krazy. The truth hurts your narrative but check it out. Sessions took out the racists KKK types which certainly did help the Black community. The blacks like him that I know. They agree with you on MJ too but don't mind a guilty SOB getting taken to prison and Sessions stood up for them. The left had one guy make a claim that Sesseions was racist toward him. Based solely on hearsay which got the SJW's all snowflake like even though there was no way to prove the 'horrible story', as leftist without truth make it up. So, it is either hearsay or it was real criminal cases where he got the racists KKK. Which is it left, is Session KKK loving or not? And I would ask you to answer do you like the supremacists KKK and those racists of all color in your precious Democrat party or despise it?'

From "The Atlantic"

"Other defenders of Sessions have used the Donald case in similar ways. A letter from 23 former assistant attorney generals cited the fact that he had “worked to obtain the successful capital prosecution of the head of the Alabama Ku Klux Klan” as evidence of his “commitment to the rule of law, and to the even-handed administration of justice.” The Wall Street Journal said that Sessions, “won a death-penalty conviction for the head of the state KKK in a capital murder trial,” a case which “broke the Klan in the heart of dixie,” and The New York Post praised him for having “successfully prosecuted the head of the state Ku Klux Klan for murder.” Grant Bosse wrote in the Manchester, New Hampshire, Union Leader wrote that “when local police wrote off the murder as a drug deal gone wrong, Sessions brought in the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, and brought Hays and the Klan to justice.

edit on 13-6-2017 by Justoneman because: grammar

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sessions broke the heart of the KKK in Dixie, bottom line, and you guys call him Racist. Makes me think the D's are good to go with the KKK when I see that.

MJ laws aside, he needs to do his job and do it quickly the enemy of truth is preying on the living.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Justoneman because: ETA

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Sessions supported the KKK until he found out they used marijuana. He should not have supported them in the first place unless he is a racist. In his case he only dropped like for then due to marijuana, what do you think that means?
edit on 13-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Just another reason for people to hate him. Trust me, you'll hear all about it being his fault. If it does happen, it will have more truth to it than the Russia BS

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join