It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you look for in a long term partner?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

originally posted by: DiaJax

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: [post=22345565]DiaJax[/post

P

Okay, I'll give you a hint, see if we can at least get this boat out of the bay.

I'm from North America and I find myself in Asia.

So,your Denis Rodman and your moving to North Korea !!!😀😀😀😜😜

It doesn't matter how vague I am I always get found after the first hint.

What can I say, little Kim treats me right. So i figure lets do this thing for life. Basketball, the international language of love.

edit on 1361717 by DiaJax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DiaJax

Okay, I'll give you a hint, see if we can at least get this boat out of the bay. I'm from North America and I find myself in Asia. Religion is not a problem as far as i know. No language barrier

Still not enough

You would have very different perspectives depending on if you're from Mexico, The US or Canada. If Canada, French Canadian or otherwise.

Seriously, if Canadian and you are over in Asia, never say sorry, certainly not every fifth word.

As for the Asia part, Chinese culture and expectations are very different from say the Japanese.

You need to be a bit more specific if you want real help.

Damn, this is like pulling Joey's out of a mummy kangaroo.

P

edit on 13/6/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Okay, I'll give you a hint, see if we can at least get this boat out of the bay. I'm from North America and I find myself in Asia. Religion is not a problem as far as i know. No language barrier

Still not enough

You would have very different perspectives depending on if you're from Mexico, The US or Canada. If Canada, French Canadian or otherwise.

Seriously, if Canadian and you are over in Asia, never say sorry, certainly not every fifth word.

As for the Asia part, Chinese culture and expectations are very different from say the Japanese.

You need to be a bit more specific if you want real help.

Damn, this is like pulling Joey's out of a mummy kangaroo.

P

I'm canadian and the Chinese.

I feel so naked all of a sudden.

Are you an Australian?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

make them laugh.

women are simple creatures. Intelligence and humour is the most attractive thing for a women. Security helps in terms of being financially stable.

also don't forget to talk to them about themselves rather talking about yourself. Physical appearance is not so much important compared to guys epectations

and I suppose you have to look at yourself. If you athletic good looking them I suppose this helps compared to being over weight and unhealthy. .

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Ummm...great sex...

Face it...the rest is just window dressing...just a chemical stew designed to further the species...

Pheromones...hormones...adrenaline and noradrenaline...all coupled with symmetry versus asymmetry and a propensity to appreciate curvature's in space...

After that all dies a slow death with time...it's merely resistance to change...fear of the unknowns...financial reasons and familiarity that becomes the glue that keeps relationships together...

Once attraction fades into the dusk of repetition...when life is characterized more by rote than Rhyme or reason...then my friend you finally see how much of a honey trap it ever was...

But in the meantime...great sex...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...great sex...

Face it...the rest is just window dressing...just a chemical stew designed to further the species...

Pheromones...hormones...adrenaline and noradrenaline...all coupled with symmetry versus asymmetry and a propensity to appreciate curvature's in space...

After that all dies a slow death with time...it's merely resistance to change...fear of the unknowns...financial reasons and familiarity that becomes the glue that keeps relationships together...

Once attraction fades into the dusk of repetition...when life is characterized more by rote than Rhyme or reason...then my friend you finally see how much of a honey trap it ever was...

But in the meantime...great sex...

YouSir

ATS never fails to give the most logical, no nonsense answers.

How long can great sex last?

I'm off for now will be back later.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm...great sex

Good sex lasts about an hour of the day. then what?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This one is easy to say, not so easy to find;

1) Mutual interests. If you want to still enjoy being with the same person long after your belly has exploded outward and his / her double chin has grown you need to enjoy doing non sexual things together.

2) Dependability. Knowing that your significant other has your back during those times when life gets rough (and vice versa) makes life. bearable.

3) Flexibility. Someone who can cope with change is a keeper. You never know what's around the corner and the best made plans can go awry. But a flexible person will take those unexpected lemons and turn them into lemonade.

4) Humility. This is a major one for me personally. Arrogance, ego and materialism are three traits I despise in people. The kind and meek are the ones that make my heart melt.
edit on 13-6-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Then you have to talk to them and that's where everything goes to hell.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
-Has a lot of money.
-Not opposed to a joint bank account.
-Is never around.
Pretty simple.
I'm bitter.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Unless you want to be nothing more than a walking atm dont bother getting involved in asia .

Made that mistake in the end its cost me over u.s 8,000,000.00 and the loss of the only family Ive got my daughter when ex-wife took daughter and ran off with her bastard boyfriend . Bitch didnt even show up for the divorce in court . Havent seen or spoke with daughter in 5 years now .
Got lucky was granted custody of daughter now trying to get the police to get off their lazy asses and track the bitch down to get my daughter back .

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Obviously everyone is unique but ultimately your culture does play a role in most peoples relationships in one way or another. By this I mean there is a stronger family influence, you don't get to just date the daughter/Son. Being unfamiliar with this feature of a relationship is there anything I can do to improve my chances?

Its proper in some cultures to go thru the parents to get to the daughter. Simply put, if your intentions are sincere then you should make that apparent to the parents first and foremost. Let them know that, in a face to face meeting. First dates usually include the whole family, where they get a look at you, hear your views, study your reactions to their questions. Thats the first hurdle.

Other cultures have more serious views on family and institutions of marriage than we do in the west. Over there you are joining the family, not just marrying the daughter. Its not that big a deal if your intentions are 'serious'. Otherwise, why are you interested in their daughter?

Ever see Good Morning Vietnam with Robin Williams? Watch that and learn about how he learns about Vietnamese culture, family and dating. Other good portrayal is in the bio film, The Buddy Holly Story.

edit on 13-6-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

trust and compatibility. Sex is nice and all, but you won't be screwing forever and you will have to talk to each other, so being able to do that is important. And knowing that when she's not screwing you, she won't be screwing your mates is another bonus. Oh, and make sure he/she does the stuff you don't like to do, like dishes, cooking, cleaning, whatever that might be.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Someone who's willing to help dig the hole with you.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I make 'em dig their own hole.
edit on b000000302017-06-13T09:15:18-05:0009America/ChicagoTue, 13 Jun 2017 09:15:18 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
[
I make 'em dig their own hole.

We're literal partners in crime. She keeps them covered with the burner and I tell them how deep to dig.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

Yeah, so true.

Remember that time in western North Carolina? Me neither.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What does the six sense tell you? I think that in long term relationship its essential to have a balance and the common sense of humor

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Someone who is not completely self-centered and self-absorbed. Someone who is not the black hole of emotional need sucking the life energy out of everyone they meet. Someone who's baggage doesn't require a U-Haul.

On the positive side, someone who is capable of little acts of affection and kindness. And someone who is capable of appreciating little acts of affection and kindness

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join