It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US in full blown political civil war?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Sitting in my hotel room this evening with the "news" on the idiot box, listening to all the crap flying around Washington and the embarrassingly asinine attempts to discredit politicians on one end by politicians on the other, a thought occurred to me:

I really believe that the government is in a full-blown civil war. It's not a war of arms - at least not yet. Nobody has physically died. Well, maybe that's not an entirely accurate statement; it seems that a few have fallen. But it's not a civil war in the traditional sense insofar as there are no weapons being openly brandished, no smoke covered battlefields strewn with fallen bodies of men at arms.

But I do perceive that war has been declared and that no quarter will be given to the opposing sides.

I recently initiated a thread asking whether the federal gov't is a house divided against itself. There were varying opinions voiced in reply. I'm going a step further now and saying that we've gone beyond being a house divided to a nation at war.

Discuss amongst yourselves. Busy schedule tomorrow, but I'll try to drop in to participate.
edit on 2017 6 13 by incoserv because: I corrected some typos

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The People have spoken.

A small group of loud mouths can't accept it.

But, Civil War ?

There is nowhere near enough loudmouths...

edit on 12-6-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Obama did a helluva job planting seeds all around the nation. That, along with established officials, are what create the environment we are in today.

If I had to use a word, it would be purge.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The People have spoken.

A small group of loud mouths can't accept it.

But, Civil War ?

There is nowhere near enough loudmouths...

Maybe what I'm sensing is a loud, violent and hell-bent guerrilla contingent, but they want war. They have declared war. And they will take down every last vestige of order to get it, if they can.

link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Obama did a helluva job planting seeds all around the nation. That, along with established officials, are what create the environment we are in today.

Not sure I follow...

Who purging what and where?

link   
Not even close, its just bread and circus to keep the people too angry at each other while the elites keep on raping and plundering.

edit on 12-6-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think a clumsy "coup" is in process. Boxing analogy: Democrats/MSM are taking one last swing at the champ, before going down for the count.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Not even close, its just the bread and circus to keep the people too angry at each other while the elites keep on raping and plundering.

Yeah, there's always that element, isn't there?

Somehow, I feel like this is a bit deeper, though.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Purge seems accurate, but the problem is that pretty much every news source makes it's bread and butter appealing to one side of the two party system.
That side is backed into a corner, but it still has room to breathe. Every TV channel, news website, ISP, major corporation... Every one of them is fighting to maintain the status quo, and they're really good at it. There are People I've known for twenty years that I've lost all respect for, and they've lost all interest in communicating with me, all because they can't see past what the man on the big TV says.

Sad times.
Might not be a civil war, but the parties have drawn their swords, instigated by the party that's been in control for a few decades.. but soon too be finished, I hope.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Not even close, its just the bread and circus to keep the people too angry at each other while the elites keep on raping and plundering.

Yeah, there's always that element, isn't there?

Somehow, I feel like this is a bit deeper, though.

Politics is like sports teams in this day an age, people will follow blindly what there leader says, also people are busy making sure there families are good, they have too much to lose by rocking the boat.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I'm observing from far away, but it seems to me like the whole country is splitting apart. The government is simply reflecting an interior split happening with the people. I don't even read much of the threads on this site anymore because of the hatred between Americans that seeps into every damned conversation.

It is a sure path to self destruction for a nation.

I guess I'll be called a "libtard" for saying this. Whatever.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I think a clumsy "coup" is in process. Boxing analogy: Democrats/MSM are taking one last swing at the champ, before going down for the count.

That sounds good, but I'm not sure that this "champ" is our "great white hope." (Just playing off the metaphor there by employing an old idiom, not being racist, just in case anybody might take issue. Shame I have to clarify that.)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

We know what you mean by "purge"....

Get rid of all the useless eaters and people of color.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

I'm observing from far away, but it seems to me like the whole country is splitting apart. The government is simply reflecting an interior split happening with the people. I don't even read much of the threads on this site anymore because of the hatred between Americans that seeps into every damned conversation.

It is a sure path to self destruction for a nation.

I guess I'll be called a "libtard" for saying this. Whatever.

I won't call you a libtard. Hell, I agree with you.

I spent most of the 25 years between 1984 and 2009 living outside of the US. When I returned, the first thing I noticed was that this society had completely lost its capacity for civil discourse. Sure, there were the few odd ones around who could still maintain it in the private sphere, but in the big picture, nope! All gone.

Once that's gone, we've nothing left.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
While the news is quick to show and spin its preferred narrative.
While there is a very small contingent of violent and loud supporter of anarchy, fascism, racism and other such nonsense.
While the government is turning cannibalistic at the upper echelons.

We..the people. Normal folks who make this country move are fine. There may be some sideways looks or even some heated disagreements, we are no where near a war. Not one person I've ever met would pick a side against their own countrymen in arms unless they were in defense of their homes and/or families.

By and large, its manufactured.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

YAY!!!! THERE YOU GO!!! ATTACK, ACUSE! That's the way to go.

At least, if you want to prove our point of there being no capacity for civil discourse left. Good job, buddy!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Sad times.
Might not be a civil war, but the parties have drawn their swords, instigated by the party that's been in control for a few decades.. but soon too be finished, I hope.

OK, not a wide-scale civil war, but - as I said previously - a civil war declared by a dedicated guerrilla contingent hellbent on destruction.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

YAY!!!! THERE YOU GO!!! ATTACK, ACUSE! That's the way to go.

At least, if you want to prove our point of there being no capacity for civil discourse left. Good job, buddy!

Your'e the one that brought up civil war. When the far Right talks of civil war, it's clear what they mean. And they mean "purge"
edit on 12-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Not sure I follow...

Who purging what and where?

The long-standing conservative purge, which is being handled by BOTH sides.

Make no mistake, although the Republicans have won majorities across the nation over the last six years, there are a LOT of progressive liberals in government at all levels. Their base is just better at producing activists and political leaders. It doesn't hurt that the MSM has chosen a side for the last 75 years, or more.

The government is changing, rapidly. Unless we see a major shift in our cities (we won't), this is indeed the direction, or "progress" we are making. More and more people are being born in cities, and while in cities people have more services and therefore more time on their hands to pursue social endeavors.

Again, we would need a shift away from cities to reverse the trend. And I'm not sure it needs to reverse. Do I think I'm more for conservative base principles, i.e., lower taxes, anti-abortion, etc.? Yes. But I also realize I'm in the shrinking majority.

I think the American people voted to stave off the tide for a little longer. But I don't see it changing the direction of history significantly.

Our children's children will have a future so very different from our own.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The civil war is happening beyond the government, all the way up to TPTB.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join