It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US in full blown political civil war?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
While the news is quick to show and spin its preferred narrative.
While there is a very small contingent of violent and loud supporter of anarchy, fascism, racism and other such nonsense.
While the government is turning cannibalistic at the upper echelons.

We..the people. Normal folks who make this country move are fine. There may be some sideways looks or even some heated disagreements, we are no where near a war. Not one person I've ever met would pick a side against their own countrymen in arms unless they were in defense of their homes and/or families.

By and large, its manufactured.

Exactly what I mean. Again, not a full scale civil war. Most of us are good. It's strictly at a political level. Note the wording in my initial post.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: incoserv

The civil war is happening beyond the government, all the way up to TPTB.

Agreed. What we see reflects what is happening on much deeper level.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Tempter
Obama did a helluva job planting seeds all around the nation. That, along with established officials, are what create the environment we are in today.

If I had to use a word, it would be purge.

We know what you mean by "purge"....

Get rid of all the useless eaters and people of color.

YAY!!!! THERE YOU GO!!! ATTACK, ACUSE! That's the way to go.

At least, if you want to prove our point of there being no capacity for civil discourse left. Good job, buddy!

Your'e the one that brought up civil war. When the far Right talks of civil war, it's clear what they mean. And they mean "purge"

I'm not "far right." And it's the progressives who are pushing this thing now.

You're starting to sound a bit whiny.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

My opinion is that eventually "they" may want us to pick sides and fight for them. That is they only way I seem to be able to rationalize all this errant video of riots, terrorist and folks who are generally participating in identity politics.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Obama did a helluva job planting seeds all around the nation. That, along with established officials, are what create the environment we are in today.

At least, if you want to prove our point of there being no capacity for civil discourse left. Good job, buddy!

Your'e the one that brought up civil war. When the far Right talks of civil war, it's clear what they mean. And they mean "purge"

Fine, put your thread in the mud pit and we can continue insulting each other.

btw....it's the likes of Alex Jones, M. Savage and others that are calling for the civil war.
edit on 12-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yes... absolutely there is an internal civil war going on. The established political system is comprised largely of folks with interesting skeletons in their closets... and things they don't want the public to know. You can not garner significant power and "play the game" unless you have some of the "currency of power", a control file, to trade for position and favors owed.

Trump... for everything he is... rancor, narcissism and all... will not play that game with them. He doesn't need their money and power... he has his own. That makes him a direct threat to "the system" infrastructure and power bases, including the Intel community which holds everyones cards.

The Intel community and it comms and power systems... well connected with some powerful corporations... aka The Deep State... they are the ruling class. And, they really are not The State at all. The Constitution is meaningless to them... because they hold all the cards.

They MIGHT stay neutral in some matters... but go against them and they'll cook your goose in the media, or if they REALLY want you... they'll make you break some laws and commit crimes... even if you were never at the scene of the crime.

So yeah... there is a civil war going on... the spider webbed Deep State against those who are more honest and still attached to the idea of what America was supposed to be... land of the free, home of the brave... opportunity for all.
edit on 12-6-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie cockroaches

link   
What is happening, or better, what is trying to occur
hasn't been heard in decades

The last few real leaders
of the constitutional republic
for which it stands
One a general, the other
Another dead president

The battle lines are drawn

Your move, STATE-D

link   

Not sure I follow...

Who purging what and where?

The long-standing conservative purge, which is being handled by BOTH sides.

Make no mistake, although the Republicans have won majorities across the nation over the last six years, there are a LOT of progressive liberals in government at all levels. Their base is just better at producing activists and political leaders. It doesn't hurt that the MSM has chosen a side for the last 75 years, or more.

The government is changing, rapidly. Unless we see a major shift in our cities (we won't), this is indeed the direction, or "progress" we are making. More and more people are being born in cities, and while in cities people have more services and therefore more time on their hands to pursue social endeavors.

Again, we would need a shift away from cities to reverse the trend. And I'm not sure it needs to reverse. Do I think I'm more for conservative base principles, i.e., lower taxes, anti-abortion, etc.? Yes. But I also realize I'm in the shrinking majority.

I think the American people voted to stave off the tide for a little longer. But I don't see it changing the direction of history significantly.

Our children's children will have a future so very different from our own.

See, use of the words conservative and liberal like this bother me. I consider myself a libertarian with a traditionally conservative lean, but what many of my colleagues would call "liberal" on some issues. I have respect for both true conservatives and true liberals. We need one another, because none of us have all the answers or have it all right. We balance each other out and, if we work together, we can move forward together through mutual respect and cooperation.

It's the progressives and the neo-conservatives with whom I take issue. Fact is, those two "opposite" sides are pretty much just opposite sides of the same damned coin. There is just enough difference in their stated ideologies so that they can claim to be opponents, but when you cut down to the bone, they are both fighting for the same thing.

And the true conservatives and the true liberals are both a threat to them.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Nailed it! Thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

btw....it's the likes of Alex Jones, M. Savage and others that are calling for the civil war.

While the former head of the FBI calls the President of the nation a liar on TV - directly attacking the highest constitutional office in the land with slander and saying that he made notes because he didn't trust him to tell the truth, all the while dismissing the fact that he himself has ignored clear collusion between a former president and the sitting Attorney General to obstruct justice and never thought to make notes of the meeting when she told him to call the dogs off?

Yes, Alex Jones is the problem.
You do the man a great honor and give him much more credit than he is worthy of!

BTW, I was not insulting you, just making an observation. Which you seem to be reinforcing.
edit on 2017 6 12 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Fine, put your thread in the mud pit and we can continue insulting each other.

Do you understand reading comprehensive

George Soros and Media Matters

Jimmy crack corn #%%^*[]+]£[£

The truth will set you free,

It's gonna suck, SUCK for a minute

Gone and forget; na mean

It will pass

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

The left just can't accept loss. They had every news agency in their corner and still lost. Just goes to show that the internet is a very powerful tool. I have a feeling we would have never heard about the deep corruption without. Even if it was in the hands of a few regular people. No way to spread it when the msm are controlling the airwaves.
edit on 12-6-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

See, folks, here's part of the problem. Nobody had said anything about "people of color." Nobody said anything about purging any "eaters" or ethnic groups. I originated this thread because I wanted to discuss something that I perceive to be happening in the political realm of this country that troubles me. It goes way beyond race and economics. It has nothing to do with race or economics. Indeed, racial and economic divisions are one of the tools that are being used by these guerrilla contingents who want to wage this war and destroy this system of government.

To accuse people of wanting to purge "eaters and people of color" who have said nothing about anything like that is, really, to prove my point; that there are those who are incapable of civil discourse and only want to push for chaos and destruction. Their name is Abaddon.

This person does not know me, yet has no compunction about calling me a racist and accusing me of wanting to commit ethnic genocide. SHAMEFUL!

olaru owes us an apology!

Replies like this are an attempt to turn the discussion away from the actual issues at hand and fan it into something that it is not meant to be.

Please do not take the bait.
edit on 2017 6 13 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I think a clumsy "coup" is in process. Boxing analogy: Democrats/MSM are taking one last swing at the champ, before going down for the count.

That sounds good, but I'm not sure that this "champ" is our "great white hope." (Just playing off the metaphor there by employing an old idiom, not being racist, just in case anybody might take issue. Shame I have to clarify that.)

I was referring to the "champ" as the one who won the Presidential election, even after taking a beating from the liberal media, Democrat politicians, along with politicians from his own party. 3 on 1, and Trump still emerged victorious.

But even after the fight was called and President Trump's hand raised in victory by the Electoral College, Democrat Media and Politicians are ignoring the rules, and still swinging at the champ... though they're almost thoroughly exhausted at this point.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

In this case [ and you know damn well how it was being used ] it means get rid of all the "plants" that Obama left to derail the Trump administration any way they can. But, as usual, the Liberals come in with the ever faithful tactic of accusing people of racism. YOU said "get rid of brown people, no one else even suggested it. Your attempt to derail and deflect, turning this into someone having to defend themselves against your claim, is obvious.
And failed.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I think a clumsy "coup" is in process. Boxing analogy: Democrats/MSM are taking one last swing at the champ, before going down for the count.

That sounds good, but I'm not sure that this "champ" is our "great white hope." (Just playing off the metaphor there by employing an old idiom, not being racist, just in case anybody might take issue. Shame I have to clarify that.)

I was referring to the "champ" as the one who won the Presidential election, ed, ven after taking a beating from the liberal media, Democrat politicians, along with politicians from his own party. 3 on 1, and Trump still emerged victorious.

But even after the fight was called and President Trump's hand raised in victory by the Electoral College, Democrat Media and Politicians are ignoring the rules, and still swinging at the champ... though they're almost thoroughly exhausted at this point.

Gotcha! I understood. The "great white hope" is a boxing term, as well, in case you didn't know. Do a Googley.

I understand that you were referring to Donald Trump. My point is that I am not certain that he is the one who will save us all. Honestly, I have my doubts about the man. But he's all we have for now, he's the man who holds the office. The office, however, is not respected by these folks, nor is the republic for which is stands. They will attack either of the two to destroy the other, and their sole intent and goal is destruction.

If he is, indeed, a liar, then there are legitimate and lawful ways to deal with that. (But then, without justifying deception, show me a politician who is not a liar.) But they will not use legitimate means because they seek illegitimate ends.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: olaru12

In this case [ and you know damn well how it was being used ] it means get rid of all the "plants" that Obama left to derail the Trump administration any way they can. But, as usual, the Liberals come in with the ever faithful tactic of accusing people of racism. YOU said "get rid of brown people, no one else even suggested it. Your attempt to derail and deflect, turning this into someone having to defend themselves against your claim, is obvious.
And failed.

And (s)he should be ashamed of (her)himself. But folks who will do that kind of stuff know no shame.

He/she owes an apology to those of us who have been falsely and maliciously accused of racism and classism. But that won't happen, either. To do so would destroy the only shell of an argument that they have left in which to hide.

Now, let's get back to the topic at hand, if anyone has anything more to say. And if not, good night and rest well.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

I'm observing from far away, but it seems to me like the whole country is splitting apart. The government is simply reflecting an interior split happening with the people. I don't even read much of the threads on this site anymore because of the hatred between Americans that seeps into every damned conversation.

It is a sure path to self destruction for a nation.

I guess I'll be called a "libtard" for saying this. Whatever.

I can agree with almost all of that and add a statement.

It very well be the path to self destruction, or it could also be the path to salvation.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
How can it be a civil war when most of the people arguing are twisting everything and acting uncivil. Chaos war would be a better choice.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
How can it be a civil war when most of the people arguing are twisting everything and acting uncivil. Chaos war would be a better choice.

"Civil" war does not mean a war that is civil. War is never civil; it is chaos and undoes every vestige of civility.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join