It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US in full blown political civil war?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

.it's the likes of Alex Jones, M. Savage and others that are calling for the civil war.

Well lets not forget about the death threats and the wishes of rape on the President from the progressives. What seems like a good idea at the time, could be the precipice that starts the entire chain reaction. Non partisan is the only way to go about it, whether you or I like it or not.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

.it's the likes of Alex Jones, M. Savage and others that are calling for the civil war.

Well lets not forget about the death threats and the wishes of rape on the President from the progressives. What seems like a good idea at the time, could be the precipice that starts the entire chain reaction. Non partisan is the only way to go about it, whether you or I like it or not.

May I reply?

"Yes, let's do forget about those, for they would disprove my allegations."

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: rickymouse
How can it be a civil war when most of the people arguing are twisting everything and acting uncivil. Chaos war would be a better choice.

"Civil" war does not mean a war that is civil. War is never civil; it is chaos and undoes every vestige of civility.

Yeah, you're right, the title civil war should be banned.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

I'm not the one that brought up "civil war" and "purge".... That doesn't sound partisan to you?
edit on 13-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

There's the world we see through the media (including ATS) and the world we see from the pavement, the car or the workplace. You know what I mean there? They're very, very different places.

The ATS lens is like wearing comic book glasses. You're walking through town one afternoon and what do you see? Families out shopping. People hurrying and others going slowly. Kids hanging out. Sun shining and the rest of the day ahead. You might be thinking of work and family. Bills? Standard stuff. Humming the last song you heard. Fancy a snack. Gotta watch those calories, right? Heart rate at 60bpm.

Put on the comic book glasses. Holy crap! Suddenly the crowd divides into Liberals and Republicans. Oh no! Is that a masked protester about to throw a bottle? Whose in that van? Is that a Jihadi? Cross the road quick. Is that a greedy 1%er eating pizza looking out of the window above? You need the bathroom, but OMFG! What if there's a (gasp) transgender person around? Black guy alert! Must be a welfare-cheating Democrat out to steel your money. Every black guy is a Liberal! Don't make eye contact. Big guy in bib overalls. Careful now. Probably a Trump supporter and could go postal any moment. Heart rate ticking along at 85bpm.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

As long as we have a party-system of government we'll always have a political civil war. The hypocrisy of both political parties is so thick in the air you can cut with a knife. If Trump was a liberal, conservatives would have attacked him far worse than they attacked Obama. It's obnoxious to watch how both loyal party supporters turn a blind eye to their leaders lies, make excuses for their outrageous rhetoric, ignore their dangerous character flaws, and justify poor domestic and foreign policies that directly affects its citizens and America's position in the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ask Syria....

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Ask Syria....

Again, I said political civil war, specifying not a traditional war with smoke and bodies.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The only civil war going on in the US is the losing Democratic party trying to create one.

Is nothing going on around my circles.

But hell don't step into any anti Trump democratic circles, because you may get hurt.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It is not a civil war, it is a constitutional crisis. The machinery of government is dealing with it. You will note that the checks and balances are working. When the head of the Executive Branch tries to order the Judiciary Branch around, the Judiciary Branch ignores him. When the head of the Executive Branch tries to over-ride the Legislative Branch, there is push back. When the head of the Executive Branch behaves in an erratic fashion, the First Amendment allows this behavior to be made public. It is not a civil war; everyone agrees that we need to remain a liberal democratic republic. Well, almost everyone.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I guess I'll be called a "libtard" for saying this. Whatever.

Maybe, but it won't be me saying it.
Seeing trouble in the system doesn't make you a 'libtard'.
It just means that you are observant.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
I agree. The same tiny group of less than 25% of the American voting public that the media allowed to make a mockery of the election, is still receiving their minutes of fame.

Unfortunately that 15 minutes has turned into weeks and months. It is clear that there is a game afoot.

People need to take a look at those people in the real world that are living their lives around them for a better barometer of what is going on in the world. The internet is a concentration of a tiny group of people and it can give a very distorted view of life.

Think about it this way. If your only exposure to water was sea water, you wouldn't believe that water is something safe, and palatable to drink. Lot of things that are good for you are deadly in too much of a concentration.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The last civil engagement did not start over night.
The entire decade of the 1850s saw a series of events that lead up to the final outcome.

The two major points of contention are Dred Scott 1857 and Lincoln's election 1860.

Today the U.S. military is heavily engaged in training for civil unrest.
Civilian law enforcement is doing the same as well as spending a fortune on equipment.

The actions taken in the 1860s were necessary to persevere the Union.
The actions taken in the near future will be the same, to persevere the Union.

The days of rainbows and unicorns are finished and reality is a real bitch.

Note Gallup's most recent poll.

www.gallup.com...

Buck

edit on 13-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71
I know they want you to think that, but the average person has no clue about what many of us talk about online.

I was helping set up at a community event the other day, and during a break, I did a mini experiment. I asked the group if they had heard of the Mandela Effect. There were four men and six women in the room at the time. None of them had heard of it. Two people walked in while we were talking, and they hadn't heard of it. Of course a couple pulled out their cell phones and did a quick google, the most they had to say about it was that Google explained it much the same way I did, and we were back to work.

My job allows me to to engage with people from all walks of life, all age groups, and all financial groups. The internet communities are made up of too many comic book super "Incredibles". It is mostly like Hollywood, fake and contrived. Just contrived for a purpose.

I am not saying that the military isn't training. I just believe that their major target is going to be the 25% or less group that is being set up as pawns as an excuse for them to continue to dwindle away our rights. It is not harmless what these groups are doing, because the average American going about with their normal lives, will never know what hit them.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I see a faction that wants to preserve the Union, but another that is hell-bent on destroying it. This is where I believe the political civil war originates.

Perhaps it's be better to say - like in the 1860s - is a matter of opposing and irreconcilable visions of what that Union should look like.
edit on 2017 6 13 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I imagine we are at the first stages of a Civil War.

I'm just trying to imagine the aftermath. What happens when one side wins and the other side loses.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

There is and has been growing speculation that there is an organized effort to undermine the current administration. That is a non-violent battle for control. This goes far beyond the normal obstructionist movements of the past. There are remnants of the previous administration, which some are referring to as a shadow government, trying to retain control while destabilizing the new administration.

If you look at this for what it is - this is pretty much the same way the US has destabilized and overthrown other governments. It looks very much like we are following the same formula once again, only this time we have many more people in positions of power with which to further this agenda.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm just trying to imagine the aftermath. What happens when one side wins and the other side loses.

I reckon a look back at the aftermath of the war of northern aggression would be place to start, but I expect this one might be a mite uglier still.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That depends on who wins and who loses. If conservatives lose we will unwillingly accept it, like we did with obama. If liberals lose - this whole crap shower will just start all over again with denial running rampant and riots in the streets, like we are seeing now.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Given the complete loss of the capacity for civil interaction that marks the culture, I can't see the aftermath, regardless of outcome, being remotely civil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join