It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we just weeks away from U.S. and Global recession. The last war is coming.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've been waiting since like 2012. These kinds of threads and articles are boring now. They all say the same thing and it never happens. There's more to statistics than numbers and graphs. Although they may point to something, it doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: Violater1

S&F from me. The clock is ticking. We are still spending way more then we are taking in. This cant be sustained. You have large cities that are at junk bond levels, and billions in debt. City workers pensions have been spent along with SS. Our politicians are out of money to buy votes with. Maybe that's why they haven't done anything to try and straighten this mess out on either side of the aisle. Just playing little kid games until the poop hits the fan.

I hate to say it, but part of me is getting giddy with anticipation. I fully realize I wouldn't survive past a month, if that, when things really crash. I am just not sure that they are going to allow that to happen yet. It would probably do more harm versus good for global consolidation if they let this thing fall apart too soon.

Look at Illinois, I would guess they will be the first state to declare bankruptcy. It will be interesting if the fed steps in and bails them out. If that happens, there will be quite a few states that will take that as a sign from heaven and also go that route. It is going to be the government pensioners against the taxpayers. GET READY TO RUMBLE.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I remember when I was a little kid. We would go out in the woods and find berries to pick. We would pick so many berries we would get sick of eating them off the vine, Anyways we would can them and have them as a treat come winter. We always had a garden. We would can a lot of that food also. I hated canning tomatoes though, because you would have to peel them while they were still hot. I am glad I was taught how to plant seeds, because not all seeds are to be planted the same. I have been thinking it might be a good idea to start stocking up on seed. I grew up with hardship. I don't wish it on anyone. Starving sucks.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
I've been waiting since like 2012. These kinds of threads and articles are boring now. They all say the same thing and it never happens. There's more to statistics than numbers and graphs. Although they may point to something, it doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Boring? The show is just starting to get interesting. I confess, I thought this thing would have crashed years ago. But what they are doing now are just making things worse. All of the commercial real estate that is in decline. The malls that are seeing 25% and up vacancy rates that will become like the bones of a dinosaur. The fed that has created trillions out of thin air since 2008 just to keep the illusion alive.

It is probably not good to take such delight in this whole mess but I have hope. Hope that our present system of monetary enslavement will crash and burn. That enough people will be affected by this that they wake up and start educating themselves. That a new system will be birthed from the wreckage. And if a new better system develops, it may even last a 100 years before the corruption starts to grow when the people who lived through this era are no longer around.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

There's always someone meaner.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
We'll be alright.....Alan Greenspan tells us of his plan........

Road to Roota.......it's actually a Fed Reserve publication.........

Tells us of how the gold standard is coming back.......and crypto to help fill the void....not enough Gold to back it all, huh

In that publication from the Boston Fed Reserve.....it has the reallocation formula for after the crash.....no kidding. Did you know that's the plan.,.and Alan has the formula for afterwards already......''twas the only way my friends

Sell pork bellies....buy Silver....from " nothing but trouble" he.....he
edit on 10-6-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Nothing But Trouble

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

But if we held on the status quo for too long, we won't see any real positive change. All I see is the rise of degeneracy and the SJW culture and so far it has changed society for the worse.

In fact Degeneracy is Science according to Bill Nye:

edit on 6/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Interesting, I will have some reading to do.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There's the teachers guide also, can ya believe that

Downloadable right beside the first publication

So, it's meant for the youth.....to explain why the tulip inflation in Dutchland can't be allowed again......the teachers version states the purpose of the publication.......so there is no doubt.....the main character is Roota, and that is Alan Greenspan..... and they deal with flowers....and economic models.......for the kids to get it ingrained what happened with fiat Dutch Tulips being actually substituted for money

reply to: seasonal

edit on 10-6-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think that some kind of systemic collapse is inevitable. We are living on borrowed time that is held together by the collective fear of the market to admit that we're hosed.

I attribute the entire systemic collapse to the idea that we would ride forever on a curve of unlimited, infinite exponential growth.

Yes, I think the morons actually believed that this was possible. It's clearly not. Any jughead whose comprehension is not clouded by too much learning can see that.

Yes,I know that the following is almost ten years old, but it's still relevant.The systemic problems lampooned here have not changed; if anything, they are deeper and worse.

edit on 2017 6 10 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

IF a GS or a SS comes back, I wonder what in the world the cost of an oz of each metal would be.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

No, it'll never happen. Because we'll have infinite exponential growth.

Right?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

People have no confidence in the economy and their NOT spending their actually saving. That’s not good for an economy…

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They were talking a basket of commodities for the fix

But better than bitcoin is etherium.......it should change life.....computing....the world....

So crypto currency is a must due to the lack of Gold....

The charter for the u S states a dollar is 433 1/6 gram Gold or 14 grams Silver......period it said, yep or opposite of that idk sactlyeditby]edit on 10-6-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Coza

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, this OP is exactly the opposite of the rosy, best economy ever OP I read yesterday.

So, I will assume the reality is somewhere in the middle,

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

IF a GS or a SS comes back, I wonder what in the world the cost of an oz of each metal would be.
That was figured on the formula.....distributing according to get this.....SS benefits.....and it states starting with the oldest.....then working to the youngest....

The formula is in the first version from 1988, the new version came out in 08

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Fix what

This is the perfect stagnant slave economy. THE WANT THIS….The fed is doing what it is hired to do: keep wages down...And keep the rich rich, the poor poorer and the middle class afraid of poverty so much they hardly spend.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: skunkape23
Oh, no! The sky is falling.
How will anyone survive without pieces of paper with ink and numbers.

The real question is will people survive people.

I'm going to survive my ass off. I will eat things that would make a billy-goat puke.
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head? I Have!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Will tell, its a take down of the illegal fed group.....

Greenspan planned the fall back to Gold backed dollars....good guys wrote a publication to the youth, even.....found of all places.....there, at bad guys headquarters.....downloadable at the Boston Fed Reserve site under the publications link.......what a plot, Greenspan a hero

a reply to: Willtell

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The fed and medical/medical insurance costs are a huge "issue".

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join