It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we just weeks away from U.S. and Global recession. The last war is coming.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I’m going with the facts, no supposition. The GDP has been erratic all through Q1.
www.frbatlanta.org...
Employment is the lowest this century (www.salon.com... ), yet real wage growth is non-existent, inflation remains under the Fed's target despite its $4.5 trillion balance sheet ( www.inflationdata.com... ). Commercial & Industrial loan balances have simply stopped growing. fred.stlouisfed.org... FORD executives have so softly put it, "We Think Sales Have Reached A Plateau." peoplestrusttoronto.wordpress.com...

There have been copious attempts at explaining this financial pit, but there has no definitive theory of why this dramatic slowdown is taking place.
Is the result of NAFTA and then unbridled consumerism fueled by easy, cheap credit?
The WSJ has inquired "who hit the brakes?" www.wsj.com... Albeit, this story came out less than 90 days after The POTUS took office. As noted in all of the studies, this has been insidiously growing (or shrinking) for more than a decade. real-estate loan growth has also decelerated by nearly half

and worse, stagnant double digit growth for much of 2016, since last September, there has been a sharp decline in commercial auto loans.
The above charts validate that the US economy is rapidly declining and confirming the poor Q1 GDP. And one thing is clear: absent a substantial rebound in loan growth, either in commercial, residential or auto loans, there is no reason to expect an imminent surge in the US economy. The Fed plans to hike rates again. NOW PAY Attention: If it does, just as US loan growth contracts(as the above links and graphs prove), it will be doing this right in the middle of a recession. This U.S. financial battle (between The Fed Reserve and the people) will then kick us while we are down. And when The U.S. falls (dollar and all), so follows the world. Please read all links supplied.
edit on V332017Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 10 Jun 2017 17:33:03 -05001 by Violater1 because: stuff added

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh, no! The sky is falling.
How will anyone survive without pieces of paper with ink and numbers.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

What are your suggestions?
Since most of us rely on this fiat ink and paper?
How will you survive?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I have to agree. Statistics are meaningless without full context. I could create graphs all day long making either side of an issue look credible.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Did you see where they estimate a lot of the recent job gains were through the birth/death model. There is no way we experienced any type of recovery since the great depression of 2007/2008, it was all just papered over and it is time to pay the piper.

www.zerohedge.com...

As our friends at Morningside Hill calculate, a full 93% of the new jobs reported since 2008 - 6.3 million out of 6.7 million - and 40% of the jobs in 2016 alone were added through the business birth and death model – a highly controversial model which is not supported by the data. On the contrary, all data on establishment births and deaths point to an ongoing decrease in entrepreneurship

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Most ats users know it's coming, some have prepared.
I'm not ready, myself- but I'm far more prepared than most.

It's really just not a good time in my life for a global financial reset - can we wait a few years?

The feds ultimately control when, so I'd guess they'll wait at least a year. It's too early into the new administration to blame something that big on it.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

How will you survive?
A pointed stick and a mean attitude.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
But wait a minute, according to this thread, the economy is picking up & Trump is to be thanked!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

So do you think this will be controlled demolition like 9/11? Or will this be unavoidable and they are trying everything in their powers to stop this collapse?

It seems like the central banks are running out of assets to even purchase anymore. They probably own 2/3s of everything already.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The real question is will people survive people.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

How will you survive?

There have been thousands of these threads over the years, and here we sit.
Yours is a drop in the paranoia bucket.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
OP, no one anywhere at any time has shown they can predict with any accuracy the direction of the market or the economy. No charts are worth looking at and no correlations hold consistently. The next global recession will come when it comes and you'll know about it when it happens.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

But there was a period where the markets were tied to the economy. When earnings and multiples actually mattered. The wave theories were pretty accurate up until 2008 and good predictions resulted in decent gains.

But I agrees that NOW it doesn't matter at all. The entire market is all the fed and the other central banks.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The next global recession will come when it comes and you'll know about it when it happens.

The next recession? We haven't recovered from the one we're in! There won't be another recession.

It will be a crash "nobody knew was coming". The current state of the economy couldn't survive another 2008 event.

edit on E30America/ChicagoSat, 10 Jun 2017 18:16:42 -05006pmSaturdayth06pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: UKTruth
The next global recession will come when it comes and you'll know about it when it happens.

The next recession? We haven't recovered from the one were in! There won't be another recession.

It will be a crash "nobody knew was coming". The current state of the economy couldn't survive another 2008 event.

Exactly my point.
For the last year, we have been living on "borrowed time."
And yes there have been multiple thread about the coming collapse. I read them and filed them away. But the coming up Fed meeting in a couple weeks is disturbing. There has been the recent Buildeberger (spelling) meeting in London (with the recommended human sacrifices), the division in U.S. and U.K. leadership, the islamic invasion of the EU, as well as the falling economic indicators that has peaked my curiosity.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

But there was a period where the markets were tied to the economy. When earnings and multiples actually mattered. The wave theories were pretty accurate up until 2008 and good predictions resulted in decent gains.

But I agrees that NOW it doesn't matter at all. The entire market is all the fed and the other central banks.

Correlations exist for periods of time but weaken or break down....just ask the 'experts' who were at LTCM. There are simply too many dimensions for any model to ever be effective and predicting crashes is for those who want to make a buck off newsletters. There is not much difference between those who predict market crashes and those who predict we'll be destroyed by Nibiru....never thought I would say it but I miss the Nibiru threads!
edit on 10/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

S&F from me. The clock is ticking. We are still spending way more then we are taking in. This cant be sustained. You have large cities that are at junk bond levels, and billions in debt. City workers pensions have been spent along with SS. Our politicians are out of money to buy votes with. Maybe that's why they haven't done anything to try and straighten this mess out on either side of the aisle. Just playing little kid games until the poop hits the fan.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So why were there so many sources that predicted the collapse of 2007/2008? Of course there were no main stream analysts that were calling for the crash, but there were plenty of alternate voices that were fully aware of the absolute fraud and tried to spread that information without monetary subscriptions to that information. The people that charged for their financial 'expertise' were all pretty much wrong.

I think LTCM was an experiment to see how far they could push the corruption before the sheep started waking up. They have perfected that model now. IMHO, if there is a crash, it is because they want a crash. Fundamentals need no longer apply.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

How will you survive?
A pointed stick and a mean attitude.

Good luck with that.

You'll probably end up using that stick to sit on.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

In the other hand it a natural cycle of human history. Nothing can last forever. Our society has become stagnant. Besides if the economy collapse, perhaps we will rise from the ashes and finally see real change.

For too long people have not known hardship. It has therefore produces a generation of entitled spoiled brats. At least with the economy collapsing, it will finally force them to wake up.
edit on 6/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join