It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Just came across a new mandela effect and wanted to see what people here thought about it. Ask yourself, what did Tweedledum and Tweedledee have on top of their hats. Picture it in your mind before you look. Here's a pic of what they look like from the Disney Wiki: disney.wikia.com...

It seems myself and many others remember them differently. Take a look at the Classic Tweedledee/Tweedledum hat from Walmart. Or how about this animated gif from The Washington Post of Trump and Boris dressed as Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Why are they drawn like that if that's not how they look?

I'm just posting links to the images so I don't give any preconceived idea of what their hats should look like. Before I looked I had guessed wrong, I was expecting the Walmart version but apparently their hats never looked like that. There must be some reason me and other people are remembering it incorrectly. Assuming this is just a case of faulty memory, where exactly would we get the idea from, because we must have gotten that image of their hats from some where?

Also something else peculiar... I remember it being Tweedledee and Tweedledum, but apparently it's the other way around, which doesn't seem to roll off the tongue as nicely. However look at the way it's ordered on Walmart and on The Washington Post, it's Tweedledee first. As with most mandela effects, although it starts off feeling very wrong, the more I look at the way it's supposed to be the more familiar it seems, almost as if my memories are dynamically merging with this reality. Or perhaps, as a skeptic would surmise, I'm just remembering the way it actually is.
edit on 3/6/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Oh man, I thought it was a little helicopter rotor on their hats.

Guess I have must not have the sharp memory that I thought I did.

There is no mandela effect, come on now.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

You have to admit that's some what weird unless there's a reason we're remembering the helicopter hat. I suspect there is a reason but I cannot really think of one. That gif from TWP contains some rather vivid imagery for something supposedly created out of thin air. I guess I can post it now since people will need to scroll down a bit to see it.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I remember the little yellow flags and it being said Tweedledee and Tweedledum

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Found this rather creepy drawing of them: www.impsandmonsters.com...

I feel like I've seen that painting before, it may possibly be where I got the image of the twirling hats from, although it seems to have been painted in 2013 so it hasn't been around very long.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

The Tenniel illustration of the book has them in cricket caps. Other illustrators used different headgear. As usual, the "Mandela Effect" consists of the mind creating a false memory; in this case, it is a mash-up of dozens of different portrayals of the same literary scene.

ETA: Here is where you get the "propeller hat:"

www.retrorobotreview.com...

Beany and Cecil actually predated the Disney film. Also, Let's not forget:

Your childhood memories are wonderland of shifting shapes and colors. Mine, too.
edit on 3-6-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Except no one used twirly hats, it was either a cricket cap with nothing on top or the flag hat, which is what the vast majority of images on Google depict. The only images showing them wearing twirly hats are fan made and they are much harder to find, yet when asked many people immediately recall the twirly hats.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I've never seen that show or that cereal in my life, most likely because I don't live in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ok here's another new one for you guys... The Laughing Cow logo, does the cow have anything on its nose? Think about it then do an image search.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

I've never seen that show or that cereal in my life, most likely because I don't like in the U.S.

They were a big fad in the 1950s. You didn't need to live in the US to see images:

todayinsci.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Ok here's another new one for you guys... The Laughing Cow logo, does the cow have anything on its nose? Think about it then do an image search.

No; first ask yourself what she has in her ears.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I wasn't alive in the 50's, those things definitely aren't where my memory of the helicopter hats arises from.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I wasn't alive in the 50's, those things definitely aren't where my memory of the helicopter hats arises from.

And neither is the Disney film as they have little flags, not propellers.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

No; first ask yourself what she has in her ears.

I clearly remember a nose ring, the earrings have nothing to do with it. The odd thing is I vaguely recall seeing The Laughing Cow logo only a few months ago and I thought to myself how dumb the nose ring looked. Then again, I could easily be wrong because it's not something I've looked at many times before or paid much attention to.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Tenniel portrayed Tweedledee and Tweedledum as obese schoolboys in school uniforms with cricketing caps. Later artists would use other indicators to identify them as boys. In the 1950s, propeller caps were a popular fad with boys, so they became a signifier of boyish childishness. That's where the mash-up starts....

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Beanie hats with propellers are a "thing"... it's been in the culture for years. Little cricket caps with flags on the are not part of our typical hat landscape. So I think that is why so many people misremembered them as having the propeller hat.

Fwiw, I pictured the little propeller beanie before clicking the link. But when I saw the pic with the flags I thought "oh yeah, that looks right." And I've always said dee before dum - I agree that just sounds right.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

They had propellers on their hats and it was Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Incidentally, my phone dictionary knows those names which is damned weird because I've never typed them in it.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

You have to admit that's some what weird unless there's a reason we're remembering the helicopter hat. I suspect there is a reason but I cannot really think of one. That gif from TWP contains some rather vivid imagery for something supposedly created out of thin air. I guess I can post it now since people will need to scroll down a bit to see it.

I remember that hat from Beanie & Cecil

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

She never had a ring as far as I remember, but what's that about her ears? What's wrong with them?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join