It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we should all vote for Jeremy Corybn

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If any single seat in Scotland went to labour it would still only reduce the Tory Majority by 1.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

If any single seat in Scotland went to labour it would still only reduce the Tory Majority by 1.

yes but if labour got say 20 seats then its a real dent.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Unfortunately not enough people across enough constituencies agree with us.

Up here we are fortunate that we have a devolved government that mitigates some of the Tory policies.

England outwith London and suburbs is just fecked.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Doesn't matter how many seats git labour or SNP. The Tory's have only 1 seat to lose up here so the most recent do to reduce their majority is 1.

If people who voted SNP switch to labour it only increases the chance of the Tory's gaining seats up here.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

A full year without passing legislation.

I have no idea what specifically wasn't passed but surely there must have been something the SNP or more importantly the Scottish people wanted addressing.

If there wasn't well I really wonder why you need full time politicians and Civil Servants working in Holyrood.
What did they do for a year?

Did they spend a full year talking about independence and what they could do if they had it because apparently there's no need because everything has been done and no new legislation and law making etc is required.

I honestly thought that you'd understand the point here....Holyrood sat around for over a year, twiddling its thumbs and did absolutely nothing......

With all of its faults, could you really imagine Westminster failing to pass any legislation at all for over a year?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Scots should be ashamed they let that slide. a whole year doing nothing? what were they doing, just moaning about English people maybe

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Still right wing spin. Just because legislation wasn't passed doesn't mean nothing was done.

Multiple bills were debated and went though committee stage. As it is a single chamber parliament committee's operate as the secondary scrutiny of legislation and the process is far more extensive than at Westminster.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Whole year gassing to each other about new laws seems like the old fart commitee members at my local labour club

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I was one of the few people who voted for a Northern Assembly back in 2004.

Not that I was particularly in favour of another layer of government but rather I was in favour of taking some of the decision and law making rights from Westminster and giving it to the regions.

It was probably the single most one sided, under reported and under debated campaign I have ever witnessed in my life.

If we in the North East had even half the powers you Scots have in Holyrood I firmly we believe we could make a massive positive difference in how we are governed and in turn on the quality of people's lives.

I understand the point you made about legislation being at Committee stage etc but its still bordering on the criminally negligent that a whole year could pass without any legislation at all being passed.

Devolving power to ALL regions and the introduction of at least some sort of Direct Democracy all within something like a Federal Union would be how I personally would like to see the UK develop....but it isn't going to happen, at least probably not in my lifetime.

And I've come to the conclusion that we've all missed a trick and the focal point for all of us should have been to unite and remove The Tories, too late now though.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaveEngland

Whole year gassing to each other about new laws seems like the old fart commitee members at my local labour club

Leaders of all three main parties are female so I suspect might be a bit different from the old farts, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hung parliament predicted in exit polls !!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Would you be in favour of the SNP forming a coalition with anyone, especially if the price would be another referendum on Scottish independence?

Personally that's a scenario I wouldn't like to see, but......

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Would you be in favour of the SNP forming a coalition with anyone, especially if the price would be another referendum on Scottish independence?

Care to share why?..The SNP would be a breath of fresh air in stuffy westminster. BTW, The SNP dont need permission for a referendum on independence, They could call one anytime.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If the SNP/green vote has fallen considerably then don't think there is a mandate.

Will have to see the actual vote count rather than MPs returned.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I acknowledge that whether another referendum takes place is a matter for the Scots alone - and that's as it should be.
But things would be a hell of a lot easier if they were in some sort of power sharing deal in Westminster.

As I've said previously I think the SNP have some great policies - but there's two buts....their poor record in Holyrood and independence.

We've argued the toss over the years about Scottish independence and now's not the time to flog that horse yet again and I've stated my reservations about SNP inertia with regards to passing legislation.

Who knows, maybe we'll be debating both of them subjects earlier than both of us thought....but tonight's not the time my friend.

Let's just sit back and hopefully enjoy watching The Tories squirm.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Care to share why?..The SNP would be a breath of fresh air in stuffy westminster. BTW, The SNP dont need permission for a referendum on independence, They could call one anytime.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Alec Samon lost his seat. TO A TORY!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Conservatives gone a bit quiet this morning

EvillerBob.. UKTruth, you guys doing ok?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Well I got what I wanted my local MP got reelelcted.

I prefer a split parliment. Hopefully we get a center right goverment with some checks.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Hahahahahahahahaha

Alec Samon lost his seat. TO A TORY!

You just concentrate on bringing in a migrant.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Looks like we might have just saved the NHS

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join