It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathy Griffin teams up with Lisa Bloom to sue Donald Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I had never heard of Kathy Griffin before yesterday. I wonder how many other Americans didn't know of her either? She's enjoying her few days of fame. The Trump world moves so fast that she'll be old news quickly, inspite of her desperate effort to stay in the spotlight.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Does that count as a genital mutilation?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Meldionne1
She said she was going to have to move to Mexico....maybe she should just go ahead and move now !!

Maybe she should. Then she can see a real severed head from the Mexican drug cartels and possibly understand that it is not a joke.

Naaaahhh... That assumes she has a heart and brain.

Maybe the people from GoT can go there and see that it is not a joke?

And how is that relevant in this context?
Please explain.

People make arts, movies and tv shows with people beheading and hanging all the time. People do it all the time with all presidents in history. KKK hanging black men wasn't a joke either.

I agree. So, what's your point? I've never watched GoT, or other films or shows depicting beheadings for entertainment. I don't see that as entertainment...it just seems like someone that would enjoy that has a warped sense of priorities in life. But, that is my opinion.

You said Kathy should go to Mexico to see that it isn't a joke.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I had never heard of Kathy Griffin before yesterday. I wonder how many other Americans didn't know of her either? She's enjoying her few days of fame. The Trump world moves so fast that she'll be old news quickly, inspite of her desperate effort to stay in the spotlight.

She's been around for a while. Has a certain following. She's that classy broad that's on CNN's new years eve show with Anderson Cooper. You know? The one that stripped down to her underwear on CNN's NYE special 2012 and pretended to give Cooper a bj on live tv NYE 2013.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

it just seems like someone that would enjoy that has a warped sense of priorities in life. But, that is my opinion.

My sense of priorities in life are fine. I'm financially well, have a good job, on good terms with my family and friends, married, have my own house and car...

And I love GWAR.

GWAR has been beheading people in the name of art for decades.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Wait a minute. I just realized something. Isn't that picture supposed to symbolize suppressing her freedom of speech?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Can someone post what President Trump said about her. Thanks.

Yeah here is what he said:

"Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself. My children, especially my 11 year old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!"

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

it just seems like someone that would enjoy that has a warped sense of priorities in life. But, that is my opinion.

My sense of priorities in life are fine. I'm financially well, have a good job, on good terms with my family and friends, married, have my own house and car...

And I love GWAR.

As I said, that is just my opinion. That and a few bucks can buy you a coffee. If that is what you like, have at it....it is just not my way of thinking of entertainment.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Wait a minute. I just realized something. Isn't that picture supposed to symbolize suppressing her freedom of speech?

Could be, except no-one did, hence the photoshoot and subsequent fallout, also her freedom of speech has still not been suppressed.

Show me the law suppressing her speech. She can tweet and video herself at will?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Could be, except no-one did, hence the photoshoot and subsequent fallout, also her freedom of speech has still not been suppressed.

Show me the law suppressing her speech. She can tweet and video herself at will?

Did I say that? No. People here on ATS are calling for suppressing her speech. Some even go as far to demand that she be jailed and worse be sent to Gitmo.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

And I love GWAR.

As I said, that is just my opinion. That and a few bucks can buy you a coffee. If that is what you like, have at it....it is just not my way of thinking of entertainment.

Well, GoT is just HBO's version of George RR Martin's book series. Game of Thrones was the first book in the series and there is a scene in the book that has a main character beheaded. I love the books (notice my name... Khaleesi) but never got into the HBO series. Too visual for me. I prefer my imagination.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Only if that photo was taken after she was arrested by the United States government and the hand with the scissors is a government employee. Otherwise, no, it is not infringing upon her 1st amendment protections.

Actions have consequences. Sometimes, those consequences are unpleasant. People with integrity accept those consequences, graciously, with head held high (no pun intended).

edit on 6/2/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Do you undertand what the word "symbolize" means?
Anyway it's odd that the right wants her silenced as evidenced by multiple posters here and elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Did I say that? No.

Isn't that picture supposed to symbolize suppressing her freedom of speech?

You implied it.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Did I say that? No.

You implied it.

sym·bol·ize
ˈsimbəˌlīz/Submit
verb
be a symbol of.
"the ceremonial dagger symbolizes justice"
represent by means of symbols.

No thanks necessary.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Did I say that? No.

You implied it.

sym·bol·ize
ˈsimbəˌlīz/Submit
verb
be a symbol of.
"the ceremonial dagger symbolizes justice"
represent by means of symbols.

No thanks necessary.

No need to hide behind symbology in this instance because the 'free speech' thing is the last thing anyone is 'symbolizing' might be oppressed and EVERYTHING everyone insists is protected.

So, maybe it's a 2nd apology?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Why do lefties keep making me defend Trump? I dont even like him. Good lord. Bring the civil war already. You know thats what the neo-liberals really want. So lets get it over with.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Apology for what? Your "maymay" shows that the right wants her to shut up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join