It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

As cute as Duncan Trussell is, I got through 18 minutes, checked how much was left and that thing is three hours long!!! Even in 'lockdown' I don't have that level of attention span...but I'll give it a go in small doses, thanks.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

'Psychology' provides a broad brush to 'show up' reality but it doesn't necessarily communicate effectively how very susceptible we are to being manipulated, how easy it is, for example, for us to hear what we want to hear (or do what we want to do) and to ignore those 'truths' that we would rather not acknowledge (or the things we don't want to do). That's why I find history so useful, and endlessly interesting, particularly coupled with archaeology and anthropology. 'Psychology' is there from the beginning. Chimpanzee's are masters of deceit, they use it to 'steal' food and sex, that is, they use it to by-pass the social constraints and conventions to act for themselves. Better nutrition, better brain power and he/she gets to go onto the next generation. And it takes two, deceit is rewarded and therefore selected.

Writing wasn't invented to be spoken or to even record speaking. That's still a work in process. I'm not, personally, a very verbal person. I write more efficiently than I speak. Much of my communication is done non-verbally, and I 'read' people as much as listen to them. It comes through in writing sometimes, information bleeds between the lines.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Very nice! I like it.

Hmm...we'll see. I have options, that's always good to know.

How was the pizza?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

I hear ya, it’s an investment in time and attention span but short bursts can be the ticket.

I couldn’t tell you where in the podcast they discuss Midnight Gospel so I hope you’re able to catch some of it in short burst...I remember — years ago — on a previous JRE podcast, Duncan was proselytizing about Oculus and I have to imagine that bleeds into the creation of MG. Like you said, small doses but I bet if you wanted you could see the connection given the JRE podcasts.

Cheers

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

As it turns out, having powered through six episodes of Picard on the trot, I concluded that I was probably greatly under estimating my attentive powers and that, in my own way, I was being lazy in not making the effort to listen. So, in the end, I took the medicine in one big spoonful and it was delightful. Hilarious too, all things considered I could probably listen to those two talk all day.

The point where I would have been forced to interject - Trussell at one point, I didn't note times and stuff, talks about how, in relation to this Covid thing and looking out for one's neighbours, how we have to "transcend that addiction to being saved" and then later, quite a bit later I think, he's talking about that 'otherness' or 'other' place/s the mind 'goes' and talks about the 'Message' "don't worry we're coming". I thought, that's what's so #ed up, right there that's the entire crux of our 'problem'.

Anyway, thanks for the nudge, thoroughly enjoyed it.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I'm on a pizza-ish experimental extravaganza trip, today ricotta with chanterelles. Really wild stuff. Full grain so every conservative pizza lover would probably stone me.

That's what it's all about, right? To know you could if you'd want.
While I keep stumbling over weird stuff and feel like reality and all have left me.

edit on 11-5-2020 by Peeple because: orthodoxy pirates Arrrgh!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Right on! Glad you put in the work (time) and caught the podcast(s).

It’s tough for me to keep up with Duncan’s menagerie of personal maxims or precepts, — I tend to tap out at times — and must admit I don’t recollect the COVID thing, BUT Joe had Dr. Osterholm on a week or so before the lockdown...guy was the lead guest on America’s longest running news program, Meet The Press, he ABSOLUTELY is on the money.

Don’t take my word for it:

Dr. Osterholm MTP — 05/11/2020

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well we have something in common haha.
Who knows where we go next?

love you kilgore.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

'Psychology' provides a broad brush to 'show up' reality but it doesn't necessarily communicate effectively how very susceptible we are to being manipulated, how easy it is, for example, for us to hear what we want to hear (or do what we want to do) and to ignore those 'truths' that we would rather not acknowledge (or the things we don't want to do). That's why I find history so useful, and endlessly interesting, particularly coupled with archaeology and anthropology. 'Psychology' is there from the beginning. Chimpanzee's are masters of deceit, they use it to 'steal' food and sex, that is, they use it to by-pass the social constraints and conventions to act for themselves. Better nutrition, better brain power and he/she gets to go onto the next generation. And it takes two, deceit is rewarded and therefore selected.

Writing wasn't invented to be spoken or to even record speaking. That's still a work in process. I'm not, personally, a very verbal person. I write more efficiently than I speak. Much of my communication is done non-verbally, and I 'read' people as much as listen to them. It comes through in writing sometimes, information bleeds between the lines.

THAT is exactly what Im talking about.
Im not like a psychology student at a college or something.
think about my words meaning the total they can possibly mean. psychology goes back to bacteria. theres some history not even counting human history.

I keep focusing because people are bacteria, mouse, ape, shopping cart, tv somethings...

I will always try to hack the signal, and open it up.
Almost no one will get it. Subjectivity inside an operating system of language is quite the b1tch.

psychology is the sum total of the history you study. We arent talking about different things.

and you may be confusing in the same way peeple does that my working and training around psychological operations guys is me saying there is an answer there. I am just saying we are fvcked.. Im not trying to introduce an extra layer of persuation.

Im leaving a warning about what free will means and what one has to get out of .. to have more of freedom of expression.

History tells me not to make mistakes of the past or how jobs and trades started and what it all evolved into and why, but it says nothing much of the alien or the god.. or other conseptual ideas that also operate in consciousness.

edit on 11-5-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

the video is a goodish example of what i mean when i say psychology. study of mind. its like 10 minutes.
edit on 11-5-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

How are you making your pizza?
dough?
pizza stone? oven?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

It's Amazing. It makes my heart sing.

edit on 12-5-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

It varies, sourdough, with or without yeast, some crazier experiments... I think I was an alchemist in a former life and in this I'm looking for the golden dough.

I don't take it serious when you're saying we're fvcked that doesn't mean I misunderstand it

Freedom is when you don't need anything anymore, no addictions, no dependance, complete control, the ability to enjoy what you have if you have it and completely waive it all whenever you feel like it.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Freedom and Freewill are separate words but yea thats freedom of course. Kinda like john lennon saying god is a concept by which we measure our pain Freewill is a concept by which we measure our freedom.

and by the way thats your book title or your secret cult society. " The Golden Dough." both at once an amazing work of cooking recipe and enlightenment guide post.

c'est la vie

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I think mine would have to be...

Kundalini Kitty

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

My laptop just did something crazy, out of nowhere closed the game, screen went white, I hit the windows button and he opens Firefox? Why?
Before I had to switch of my bluetooth speakers because it appeared to me as if someone else tried to connect to them at least they kept making that sound.
I like deers and elks. That's a really nice picture.
You silly meta-kitty

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

my phone messed up too. and ATS aswell about 45 minutes ago. my vpn turned itself on and it was set to europe which apparently doesnt have my music streaming in that country germany or france...

I reset my phone and it was back to normal.
maybe we disturbed the force haha.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I don't know, I downloaded and moded like crazy might be some of that stuff. But that doesn't explain yours.

Tell me something interesting. I got nothing. What would you like to talk about?
I sound like a bot...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

my phones are always like that ever since 2014.
Something interesting. Ive got nothing today.
Im just basking in my rainbow lighted meta sighted electric muse symphonies. I am sober but it doesnt feel like it.
the syntax of synestesia inducing emotionally composed omnipitence of sound.
Its all around.
Im upside down at the top of the world.

and of course internet wins again..

presenting "kundalini kitten"

wtf world.

"vegan food, meditation, metaphysics and conspiracies"

seriously internet haha.

for your secret society so far all i got is this:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You should get in touch with that twitter cat. Might be a hint?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

umm the other hint was she posted that in 2014 and that means nope lol.

the subtitle to your book would be

"you think youre enlightened but are you really dough?
modding your reality."

Ive been in my house too long for real though.

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join