It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 204
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
And I want to rant some more: I am trying the second day now to figure out what the PIN for my phone might be. Super easy, right? In the App there's a SIM button with everything I need.
THE #ING BUTTON DOESN'T WORK!
Are you sure?
WHAT THE #, YEEEEEEES I'M SURE!

Happy place happy place happy place

I've ordered a new oven already paid for it, 3 days waiting for the confirmation- nothing. Silence.
I was planning a big pizza happening this weekend, Mozarella everything already bought. And now that company has virtually disappeared.
Oh THE RAGE!

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

the 90s give way to 2020 and yea.

edit on 1-5-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've never thought about yeast and sourdough before and just started to look that up - it's really fascinating. Did you know you can easily grow your own? "Wild yeast".
I wonder why there's a shortage on a product like that?
I mean I get people don't want to make their own noodles because you really need that machine to make them thin enough.
But yeast: a sterile glas, honey, sugar, fruit, water, time and bamm.

Given from my own thoughts, maybe it is because it is so simple? Like that can't be the same as what I'm paying for.
Maybe?
You can also nurture and keep your on yeast for ... well as long as you properly take care of it apparently. So the big question is: why buying new one and so much there's nothing of it found anymore anywhere?
#yeastawareness

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

the older your yeast culture is the better it tastes aswell.
people buy yeast probably worried they will make themselves sick by growing yucky bacteria or molds they dont intend to grow. Same as cooking its easy as hell grab some tomato and basil from the garden chop onion garlic you have lovely pasta sauce much better than from a corporation lol. but you know comfortability. And I so need a garden.

by the way the local university should have a new antiviral drug that targets all coronavirus types soon. Its going into phase three trials. lessens mortality and shortens sick time by 4 days in tests so far. Thats a pretty serious gamechanger. Its been worked on for like 7 years. Like I said some of the top people are here.

the drug is FDA approved for emergency use already as of yesterday.

oh and...
the government gave up and paid me unemployment.

edit on 2-5-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Hurray! PART-EY! Just ayey!
Do you have any big plans for your celebration?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Alone in my house lol?
I wish I could go see friends.
Ill take people i dont even like that much lol.
so maybe ill get drunk alone and play loud music.

and because the money is built up from the moment i was unemployed I got a lot all at once and now it will come every week too.

I don't know I wish I could go support restaurants or bars or something. maybe ill go for a long walk. Theres not much else i can do.

edit on 2-5-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

There is no shortage of wild yeast, only the domesticated, 'Baker's', yeast, and there isn't actually a shortage on that, just a distribution issue, it's the same with flour, it's being prioritised to baking industry. It goes even further, because the 'industry' mainly use wheat flour, the rye flour that you need for sour dough isn't getting ground, so even less of that around. Here anyway. It might be different in Germany or generally, on the mainland. Here, flour is like rockinghorse #!

I was reading about biofilms last night and they're kind of like a sourdough starter, a complex and cooperative interaction of micro-organisms that mutually aids reproduction, all you have to do is keep it fed, watered and warm, just like you'd care for any pet. It's a whole bioverse in there and you are it's 'god'. Now, I think is a good time to start one, if you're inclined, despite the lack of rye flour, wheat will do, as the wild yeasts are best captured from white blossoms (hawthorne just coming into flower now, and soon the the elder will bloom). I think that that may be why there are taboos about bringing May flowers into the house so that you don't 'contaminate' the domesticated yeasts, but if you choose to do a starter, you would probably want to do just that. There aren't too many yeasts free-roaming in the city so you need to go gather some, or take your starter out for a country walk so it can gather them itself.

It is my personal theory that Dionysus is, at his essence, wild yeast and that his 'eastern' origin is somewhere in the Caucasian mountains where they first developed wine making. If you think about it, it makes sense and it particularly explains his relationship to the underworld. Yeast is what makes the fruit ferment, rot and break down. Dionysus is not merely 'twice born' he's thrice born and never dies, he's always there, but hidden. And hence, by derivation and syncretism, Jesus is the bread and the wine.

ETA. If you're gathering elder flowers, you can also make cordial AND 'champayne'. Dionysus adds the fizz.

edit on 3-5-2020 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Congrats on getting your money through.

How are you getting on with Midnight Gospel? We're up to episode 3 which was, for me, the best so far and had so many of my favourite things (and such a plentitude of kitties, was one of them called Reverbs? That was not disclosed, but watching, I presumed as much).

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Party alone pro tip: music is a good start, doing a facial, wearing something super fluffy and comfy, burning inscent, 420 is better than alc, and then doing something tactile like fingerpainting or clay.
Afterwards getting clean maybe a bath if you have a tub and a little self-caressing.
You'll feel like you just popped out of heaven.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

No problem with flour I could have bought that by the pallett. But yeast not I was in 3 shops and nothing. I still got a little and probably will breed(?cultivate?) with that.
Interesting thoughts on Dyonisus. Never crossed my mind but it totally makes sense.
I got a learners license and you taught me something. Thank you.
Coffee-

Oh and something else I don't quite understand: I got free masks sent from a radio station and they're Italian? I know they got a lot of medicinal products companies in the north and free markets and everything, but with Italian writing on them I'm sure they're not made for export so... why did I get them?

edit on 3-5-2020 by Peeple because: questions

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Coffee? No, I'll take a camomile tea - caffeine (I have no idea how to spell that, doesn't look right however I try) and alcohol are both out as they strongly exacerbate the menopausal stuff. Not only is there hot flushing but now a 'chemical' depression that's taking some conquering. Doesn't matter how much I want rid of those pesky hormones I still, it seems have to go through the withdrawal process. Not a tremendous amount of fun being had...but this too shall pass .

*goes off to weep needlessly*

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Oh sorry I didn't want to salt your wounds.... and that's not how one says it? You know what I mean?
Did you know one can make tea from echinacea? I always thought that's just for hand cream and wound healing.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Lol...you didn't, you gave me an opener so I could have a little whine of my own.

I actually have some echinacea tea, Pukka brand, with elderflower no less.

Did you get your new oven?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

Congrats on getting your money through.

How are you getting on with Midnight Gospel? We're up to episode 3 which was, for me, the best so far and had so many of my favourite things (and such a plentitude of kitties, was one of them called Reverbs? That was not disclosed, but watching, I presumed as much).

Nah not a reverbs but lots of cats.. Thats the last one I have watched as those three kinda just were heady. My present needs have been more physical so I havnt gone further. Episode 3 is peeps episode she just doesnt know it. Its the "magick" episode.

so I have episode 4 next.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Party alone pro tip: music is a good start, doing a facial, wearing something super fluffy and comfy, burning inscent, 420 is better than alc, and then doing something tactile like fingerpainting or clay.
Afterwards getting clean maybe a bath if you have a tub and a little self-caressing.
You'll feel like you just popped out of heaven.

Im a guy lol.
And I missed april 20th by like 6 months.
not sold in stores.

I went for a walk but fast. Maybe 12 miles. Cops everywhere. nobody was out. just cops in cars. It was a really good walk.

maybe tomorrow will be more interesting.
I could always find herbs.
Its just too long without everyone loving on me.
I can't do dis alone.
I'm almost feral!

my last thought before getting on ATS was about 420 and alc. Maybe its time to go back the other way. That was the end of my mental meditation integration.

Our talk, I said actually calmed me, was the start of that.

edit on 3-5-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Me too, four next. It's not really a binge-thing, better savoured, I'm finding.

I've just finished watching "DEVS", it's quantumy sci-fi. I think you'd both kind of like it. TEOT's too. I watched it on BBC iPlayer but it may be on other platforms or channels.

I liked the talk of magic too, but would have had to argue the toss on a few of his points though, in basis, if not origin however, I couldn't disagree.

More than anything, I want an ice-cream spewing unicorn.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Lol...aren't guys allowed to feel fluffy and pampered?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I definitely didn't agree with a lot of what he said, but then I also liked the overall view of "magick"
I always love when people can tease out more expansive concepts from words that are normally boxed in.

In my current state my memory isnt specific.
I guess I just liked the overal broad definition or expression that in all things that sort of knocks down walls.
like how "alien" can mean universe or microbe or humanoid or demon..

So I remember liking his concept expansion of "magick" rather than most of his specifics points. And there were specifics I liked aswell, but maybe I cant remember atm.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

Lol...aren't guys allowed to feel fluffy and pampered?

yes of course.
but I dont think it feels the same haha.
all my bedding is newly washed.
feels nice.

fluffy though?
Id rather feel oddly strong and silky.
just as one example.

Honestly I also feel great tired and dirty and wet with an m16 in my arms half awake freezing to death.
Guys are not just told we should like stupid # like that. Its just part of us.

or at least me.

edit on 3-5-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join