It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Who tf would eat rice with eggrolls? And beer on top of that? WHAT? Now I'm convinced you made this cooking stuff up, you've never been inside a kitchen, admit it!
You know what's good? Wrap with spinach, salmon mustard honey sauce and egg. You think you could do that? Than we're good.
What's the drink called sate? Saki?
Have you ever tried to make sushi?
I won't sleep right away, don't even know why I said it. Are you gone now?

What has the Dolphin to do with me?

edit on 27-8-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Lol im here..
I edited my last post. Added a link.
And we have different tastes, in more than just food haha.
Saki however you spell it rice wine..
Sushi is whatever.. raw fish has little flavor..

Salmon slow cooked and a white wine cream sauce sounds better..

The dolphin was "dont men have this issue?"
I love that hes rubbing up on french boats..
Its classic.

edit on 27-8-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Rice whine is good and the dolphin is super funny!
I know you're food and drinks
plus something to cuddle...

The thing is sushi can be whatever as long as you roll it and make a plate of little pralinès out of it. Sweet too,with dryish milk rice.
edit on 27-8-2018 by Peeple because: Add

I barely ever rub up on French boats. Haha it's a bit sad, what have the dolphin ladies done to give him these urges, I bet it was his parents!

edit on 27-8-2018 by Peeple because: Another add

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Hahaha and of course its a french dolphin in the bay of brest. Thats the breast bay ever!

Oh gawd just look at that sexy beast!

edit on 27-8-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Reminds me of the Simpsons "See my breast made of fine gorilla chest..."

Who could resist a fine boat like that? He dreams probably of not having to swim everywhere?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Only with half his brain, if at all...

Does he dream.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I wonder what that feels like? If they have two simultaneous thoughts at a time? I bet we underestimate them highly.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

It's hard to bet, but how are we underestimating them?

Dolphins can understand more symbols humans make than any other species.. The most meaninful conversing comes from gorillas and chimps though..
Humans dont click and squeak.. I meow from time to time

But..

It is hard to believe they dream..

Hard to relax when you breathe air in an aquatic environment.

Makes me wonder if they've done any brain frequency work on "sleeping" dolphins.

dolphin sleep
edit on 28-8-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

I see thoughts in animals that are more complex than the tools they have to communicate..

Even plants talk and feel.

further thoughts on sleep

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I remember watching a wonderful docu on forest communication.
What does it mean if you meow? How was your day off? Aaaaaaaand good morning probably, right?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yes good morning.
Day off was great.
I did almost nothing ha.
It was an interspecies communication joke.
Ive been known to meowpurr at cats..

Maybe one more cat nap.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You're in person constantly chatting, I bet, never can keep your mouth shut, right? I think that's admirable and stressful. I don't like it when people are constantly in your face. But you are? Maybe it's better we never will meet. You'd be like "...and one time in summer camp... and... and... but..." and I'd wish after five minutes you'd just be quiet for a second. (But in a loving hugging caring way)

I'm so tired but I have to stay awake at least 3 more hours. Sadly there's no can barely keep my eyes open yawning emoji.

Cats are great listeners and really can read humans no need to meow. Try next time to talk to a tree in its native language ha! Sweating maybe could work?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Im actually very quiet..
Total introvert.
You might notice if you look closer I'm pretty much only talking in response to what you say. Used to have crippling social anxiety. I changed that, but I still have almost nothing to talk about. Not a lot of people Id call my peers. And remember i have to translate images i see into words so talking and writing, or thinking in words is not my base state.
My base state is silence. Almost like im always meditating.

Its funny how wrong you can be sometimes.

Ive "talked" with plants in the past.

You do know they remember, and use serotonin dopamine GABA norepenephrine etc.. right?

Meowing is like a way to tune into cat mode.
Meditation or gentle still gratitude is closer to plant mode.. its almost like they dont have individuality.. hard to tell, but that sun god.. damn he is the sh1t if you are a plant.

I would know.

My leaves get all tingly just thinking about the sun.

plant memory

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Higgs decay detected

Long-sought decay of Higgs boson observed
August 28, 2018
CERN

Six years after its discovery, the Higgs boson has at last been observed decaying to fundamental particles known as bottom quarks. The finding, presented today at CERN1 by the ATLAS and CMS collaborations at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), is consistent with the hypothesis that the all-pervading quantum field behind the Higgs boson also gives mass to the bottom quark. Both teams have submitted their results for publication today.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'm happy I'm wrong. There's a saying in German about how those who talk the most got nothing to say. You would have been an exception to the rule. It's a good thing.
And I learned something, or you reminded of me of sthg I heard only once, with the GABA. Lately I've been so occcupied with superficial nonsense I got a bit dumber I think.

Also with the Higgs, I'm happy they make progress faster than expected but what it actually means??? No clue. Good for them...
the Higgs decaying is proof they give mass to quarks which form the basics like electrons etc. and so far it is no reason to think either standard model or new physics get the last word?!? Or something or other...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I talk with plants all the time

Folks in my life used to joke about it, til they saw me consistently bring them back from the brink. Now, they'll ask me to "treat" their dying plants.

Personally? I'm convinced there is sentience there. But, its so alien to our experience that we can't see it. Slow, more seasonal than we can fathom, stationary.. so very different.

Some use the whole "what about plant life?!" schtick with prosethelytizing vegetarians/vegans, but I actually happen to believe it.

As for sushi, I really dig those deep fried crunchy rolls. And sashimi. Boo on you for saying there is no flavor! Boooooo!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Haha, just my opinion, and I did explain part of the bias I have.. I need to eat something like 4000 calories to just stay the same size.

Calories per dollar CPD..

Sushi CPD is too low for my tastes.
Which reminds me im, like, literally, starving

@peeps standard model predicted the outcome of the data. Therefore it looks even more right

I wonder if sometimes im too sarcastic or make too many bad jokes, but I cant help myself.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Sarcasm wouldn't have been the top attribute I'd use to describe you. But maybe I just don't notice?
So far standard model is confirmed. New physics isn't out of the race...

@Serdgiam
I'm a plant-feeder. I over water them most of the time, but a green thumb is cool.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I get the sense sometimes you are serious, as in german stereotype serious. Im like literally.. like literally literally only serious when the situation calls..

ring ring "situation calling"
and im like yo what up situation? Time to get serious right? That's what she said!
And situation all "really dude she didnt say that."
Your mom was getting very serious last night, know what im saying eh?
"Now reverbs!"
Fine! damn situation, ok

**wonders about the sexiness of damn dams.. that dam got a fat azz.. thats a fine azz dam.

Thats my brain...
I often laugh for what looks like no resson, and people are always dying to hear..

I guess i should seriously get dressed. No joke I gotta go to work. Work the place or work the verb?
I work the line from time to time. Spittin verbs and chopping herbs. I got no thyme to rhyme.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

A certain light-hearted-ness isn't the same as sarcasm... I think I see what you mean I am too serious, just did it again? I guess that's sthg I could work on if that's part of the reason why you cope so much better than me. Ha recipe for getting more Reverbs.

Hopp hopp get dressed the world won't wait for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

No youre right that was just me being loosey goosey..

But you havnt seen my sardonic smile.

Anytime somone asks me anything i think is obvious its hard to not answer the opposite.

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join