It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kabul suicide bomb kills 90, wounds 400+, nobody bats an eye.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
No angle to play on people killed in Kabul.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

It's still ain't 'nough for us, is it?

My thoughts are that it's all far to much. We don't see any other
form of life in the universe slaughtering each other the way humans
do. And you think it matters what direction gets our attention?
Or if we point our fingers to a certain place or people and judge
them worthy? Even I choose to divide myself from anyone who
would put a single child in harms way. But none of us can ever get
away from the fact that this is mankind and we are all humans.
We have the most intelligence of all life on earth. But whatever
we lack must be very important because with out it? We don't
have the brains that God gave a goose. And we are all far from
innocent.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Western nations have tried several times to change the way things are in these nations, but the native cultures do not want to change. This is the result.

No doubt the West have tried—and succeeded—to change things in some *secular* countries with once westernized modern values in the Middle East—by establishing regime change, setting up proxy wars, arming terrorist rebels, triggering ethnic cleansing—that has turned some of these once striving economies and secular societies into a wasteland and living hell of continuous suffering for its people—hence, the ongoing refugee crisis.

For instance; Libya was once a cruise ship destination up until 2010 before the US ousted Gaddafi and turned it into a breeding ground for slavery, extremism, terrorism, and human trafficking.

Here are *some* facts concerning Libya that might make you understand how disgusting American/NATO foriegn policy truly is:

1. For 40 years, Gaddafi promoted economic democracy and used the nationalized oil wealth to sustain social welfare programs for all.

2. The United Nations Human Rights Counsel once praised Gaddafi for his promotion of human rights.

3. In Gaddafi’s Libya—women had the right to education, hold jobs, divorce, hold property and have an income. The new US puppet regime put an end to all that.

4. Libya was once Africa's richest state which offered free education; free health care; and interest free loans to its citizens—something America has NEVER done for its own society.

Now, they are trying to do the same thing to the most *secular* and advanced nation in the Middle East—SYRIA.

We are evil for not trying, evil for trying, evil for caring, evil for not caring.

America does not promote democracy, peace and economic stability in the Middle East—instead it destroys it. That is the evil.

What should we do?

First, lose the ignorance—educate yourself about geopolitics and US foriegn policy instead of buying into the propaganda that has caused you make comments like the one I'm responding to. Secondly, as a society, slap some sense into family and friends who are in the military and who blindly allow themselves to become puppets and unwittingly perpetuate this evil.

What the world needs, mostly in America, are people who are global patriots who are willing to make a difference for all of humanity instead of national patriots who come down with cognitive dissonance when these truths are mentioned. You will die one day and you don't take your citizenship with you.

I have read your post over the years—you are blindly patriotic. There are millions like you. The military industrial complex feeds of minds who think along similar lines as you do in order to keep their machine of death rolling on behalf of transnational interest.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I can't speak for anyone else but...I do find it sad. It's sad because Islam will allow this sick perversion of their faith to fester in their midst. Christians, Jews and Atheists can't fix this. Only Islam.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What should we do? Western nations have tried several times to change the way things are in these nations, but the native cultures do not want to change. This is the result.

We are evil for not trying, evil for trying, evil for caring, evil for not caring.

I guess that's why these pictures from the 1960s show something totally different, huh?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

What should we do? Leave and lock it down. They don't want us. We don't get them. Neither can or is willing to change. It's a clash of cultures. So...Let's throw them a wad of money for reparations, let the Russians do the same and leave them to it. When ISIS moves in, we'll whistle past the grave yard and remind ourselves of 40 years of failed globalist intervention. Only Islam can defeat its nemesis.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

What the world needs, mostly in America, are people who are global patriots who are willing to make a difference for all of humanity instead of national patriots who come down with cognitive dissonance when these truths are mentioned. You will die one day and you don't take your citizenship with you.

Thanks for addressing this with a well reasoned post.

It's amazing how quickly history is lost. The majority of these Middle Eastern countries that have descended into Islamic radicalism weren't that way until we tried to "help" them. As Greven linked to above, Afghanistan was a peaceful nation just 50-60 years ago. Beirut, Tehran, Damascus. Westerners weren't getting snatched up and beheaded before we started meddling with them. The "Hippie Trail" went straight through the Middle East.

Journeys would typically start from cities in western Europe, often London, Copenhagen, West Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, or Milan. Many from the United States took Icelandic Airlines to Luxembourg. Most journeys passed through Istanbul, where routes divided. The usual northern route passed through Tehran, Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Peshawar and Lahore on to India, Nepal and Southeast Asia. An alternative route was from Turkey via Syria, Jordan, and Iraq to Iran and Pakistan. All travellers had to cross the Pakistan-India border at Ganda Singh Wala (or later at Wagah). Delhi, Varanasi (then Benares), Goa, Kathmandu, or Bangkok were the usual destinations in the east. Kathmandu still has a road, Jhochhen Tole, nicknamed Freak Street in commemoration of the many thousands of hippies who passed through. Further travel to southern India, Kovalam beach in Trivandrum (Kerala) and some to Sri Lanka (then called Ceylon), and points east and south to Australia was sometimes also undertaken

Ironically, while the Middle East was relatively peaceful, a white, predominantly Catholic organisation was the world's preeminent terrorist.

Provisional Irish Republican Army
The IRA's armed campaign, primarily in Northern Ireland but also in England and mainland Europe, caused the deaths of approximately 1,800 people. The dead included around 1,100 members of the British security forces, and about 640 civilians.[29][30] The IRA itself lost 275–300 members[31] and an estimated 10,000 imprisoned at various times over the 30-year period.[1][32]

This is modern history.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It's sad because Islam will allow this sick perversion of their faith to fester in their midst.

1. You have grossly confused religion with geopolitics...

2. What people mistakenly refer to as *radical Islam* or "sick perversion of their faith" is in fact "fundamentalist Islam"—Wahhabism. It is a *political ideology*—not a *religious ideology*.

It's sad because Islam will allow this sick perversion of their faith to fester in their midst. Christians, Jews and Atheists can't fix this. Only Islam.

The only thing that can fix this is to *deny ignorance* on both sides. This ignorance towards geopolitics you seem to possess that has caused you to frame this as a religious issue instead of a geopolitical issue is a sick perversion of the truth—reality

I can't speak for anyone else but...I do find it sad.

Ironically, you do seem to speak for many because this lack of understanding concerning American and NATO foriegn policy and its *actions* are shared by many people. Frankly speaking—I find these people too old to still be possessing such a cartoon and perverted understanding of world politics.

They don't want us. We don't get them. Neither can or is willing to change. It's a clash of cultures. So...Let's throw them a wad of money for reparations, let the Russians do the same and leave them to it. When ISIS moves in, we'll whistle past the grave yard and remind ourselves of 40 years of failed globalist intervention. Only Islam can defeat its nemesis.

1. This is not about a clash of cultures.

2. ISIS is a creation of the West—primarily by America's doing. The Taliban were given great power and support by America as well back in the '80's. America has always used these "rebels" to fight its proxy wars...

3. Only Islam can defeat its nemesis? Again, you confuse religion with geopolitics. Russia and Syria are the only ones truly dedicated to eradicating the world of ISIS. Also, the nation of Syria, is the most *secular* nation in all of the Middle East to which America and the Gulf States want to turn into another Wahhabi nation state.

4. Failed globalist *intervention*? You have also confused *intervention* with *invasion* of sovereign nation.

The crazy thing is your intentions were good in commenting despite the ignorance towards geopolitics.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
some lives are more newsworthy than others.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Feel better?

I don't disagree with anything that you said. You have very well summed it up. The reality however is that - until there is unequivocal proof that we are the hidden hand, the vast majority, like myself, are left with a steaming pile of "don't care". Because there's not a damn thing we can do to stop it.

In the meantime Wikileaks and Anon just keep giving us proof of # we already know about Hillary and the DNC.

Geopolitics? *yawn*

Good post though.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Feel better?

Yes, denying ignorance towards people (not you in particular) leaves me feeling lighter.

I don't disagree with anything that you said. You have very well summed it up.

Thank you.

The reality however is that - until there is unequivocal proof that we are the hidden hand, the vast majority, like myself, are left with a steaming pile of "don't care".

There is plenty of proof that can be found within established global think-tanks and leaked files that often don't show up, or discussed within the media. Also I believe the vast majority who "don't care"— do so out of a lack of empathy and ignorance. They haven't witnessed first hand the destruction of the currency of life for others at the hands of their own governments. Sadly, there are some people who still wouldn't care even if they were presented with the proof without having to witness it.

In the meantime Wikileaks and Anon just keep giving us proof of # we already know about Hillary and the DNC.

I'm not too familiar with Anon's information concerning the topic. However, Wikileaks have given *some* proof that America (and other nations) are the hidden hand among *some* terrorist factions—both directly and indirectly. You're just paying attention to Hillary and the DNC in terms of American/domestic politics if you think Wikileaks haven't leaked emails and USG documents concerning America's ties to terrorism.

Do you know who Robert Ford is and his connection with ISIS...?

First, a little background:

www.mei.edu...

Later: the photos...

Geopolitics? *yawn*

One may become surprised to discover that "The War On Terrorism" topic and Geopolitics are closely intertwined...

Again, those who have empathy will find the topic far from boring and therefore will always care.

Here is a photographer who captures the true essence of geopolitics and its effects:

sebastianrichphotography.com...

edit on 4-6-2017 by Involutionist because: because my grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Death toll has risen to 150. RIP.

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join