It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kabul suicide bomb kills 90, wounds 400+, nobody bats an eye.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

This happens and nobody bats an eye. Nobody cares, I myself don't feel bad about it, doesn't affect me in any way...
2 or 20 dead and 3 or 50 people wounded in London/Paris/Manchester and media go crazy for a week.
Why is it so, you would stone each other to death in the Manchester Bombing thread, yet nobody even reads when hundreds of people die anywhere else in the world.
And sharing Twitter posts that your hearts and mind are with Manchester or #prayforparis?
Who is with these guys? ...
I am starting to feel sick about it. Pathetic.

At least this one ain't no false flag as the vast majority of bombings in the EU/US.

I'd like to know who of you actually clicked on that notification on your phones...compared with the notification about let's say Manchester bombing. Even if the number of casualties is huge, It's still ain't 'nough for us, is it?

edit on 31-5-2017 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

New world order price of doing business.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
2 or 20 dead and 3 or 50 people wounded in London/Paris/Manchester and media go crazy for a week.

The short answer is white people are worth more than brown people.

Long answer is the media companies represent the military industrial complex. Running stories showing the enemy in a favorable way does not contribute to the military industrial complex's enemy propaganda. There has to be groups of people worth bombing in order to have profits. You don't want to give the public the impression brown people are just as valued or it will be impossible to generate consent for the next war.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ive got friends that spent years there trying to help, I am looking at possibly going there in the future...

Yea some of us still pay attention, it saddens me... but Afghanistan was a missed opportunity for America, when the soviets pulled out we should have swept in and helped them rebuild, instead it appears we left them in the lurch.

Saddens me quite a bit, they have a lot of people fighting and dying to try and make their country a better place... and the media cares not... most folks do not care... heck I imagine a lot of folks cannot even find it on a map.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This thread is aimed at the people who are going crazy if anything happens in the West (usually women with their overly pathetic Social media response), but would not be bothered if Africa and Middle-East alongside some Asian parts were blown to pieces.
Where is your hashtag #prayforKabul now? And your thoughts with them families affected by this horrific terrorist who just killed INNOCENT people of all age and gender?

Just wanted to point that out.

+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What should we do? Western nations have tried several times to change the way things are in these nations, but the native cultures do not want to change. This is the result.

We are evil for not trying, evil for trying, evil for caring, evil for not caring.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The short answer is white people are worth more than brown people.

I disagree. My observations of the west reactions:

When terrorism hits the west, big deal. When its in the middle east, not a big deal.

When Muslims kill non-Muslims, big deal. When Muslims kill Muslims, not a big deal.

Similar to when a white kills a black, big deal. When blacks kill blacks, not a big deal.

edit on 31-5-2017 by bluesjr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My heart broke for them...
And it will remain so as the cult of death continues its killing spree...

So much death...

But the American media is no longer capable of reporting a human catastrophe in afghanistan.
They [the American media] have made some sort of blood oath to report on trump and only trump...

Kabul was/is a tragedy of unimaginable horror...my heart is genuinely broken...
America is the light of the High west and when we defeated and toppled the taliban we were given the honor of their protection...
Much as we did with Japan and South Korea, we owed their citizenry our protection...
And, as in Korea and Japan it would require at least 50k at the ready troops for an indefinite period of tie(our current minimum in Korea is 33k if memory serves with an additional 20k ancillary contractors)..

We have a responsibility to save those souls from this death cult...and every single one of our media outlets should flood the airwaves with their stories...

Afghanistan and Iraq could have been another Japan...
Where have you gone MacArthur, Whitney and Kades?

-Chris

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

No. There is something wrong with your observation.

When a black kills a black and you point that out, it's racist and you are only doing it to deflect from the horrible plague of racist white on black violence gripping the nation.

It's not that no one cares, it's that no one dares speak up for fear of being called racist for pointing it out. You regularly see threads here where people wonder why the violence in places like Chicago isn't a national crisis and disgrace.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

American politicians are corrupt. They no longer care about people, only their political results. So when they can score political points off it, they undermine what should have been long, generational efforts to build a new culture in some of those places. Instead, they convinced public opinion that there was nothing worth the effort so they could get elected and gain power and then they abandoned the people there as soon as they could.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: bluesjr

No. There is something wrong with your observation.

When a black kills a black and you point that out, it's racist and you are only doing it to deflect from the horrible plague of racist white on black violence gripping the nation.

It's not that no one cares, it's that no one dares speak up for fear of being called racist for pointing it out. You regularly see threads here where people wonder why the violence in places like Chicago isn't a national crisis and disgrace.

You are not wrong. The observation is correct, but the reaction to that observation is as you say for many people.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Probably because it was at the German embassy.
It is however news in Europe.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Broadly speaking (and I apologise if this sounds like I couldn't give a crap). You are comparing an attack in a country where 99% of the population rejects everything the perpetrators stand for to one where a sizeable percentage broadly support the insurgency.

That is a huge difference, not that I support or condone it - it's just a difference.

My heart goes out to anyone murdered in the name of an alleged (merciful) god.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The sad reality is:

As long as it happens "over there" to "those people" and not to us over here in our safe zones, few G.A.S.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Maybe the outrage over Manchester by the people you apparently decry is because its very close to home and there's an expectation that their crappy government will not allow such things to happen, while on the other hand, Kabul is on the other side of the world, a place where such things are more or less routine and where there's no expectation that any one or any government can do anything whatsoever to prevent such attacks. Its concerning, but its not unexpected.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Why is it so, you would stone each other to death in the Manchester Bombing thread, yet nobody even reads when hundreds of people die anywhere else in the world.

In the Western world, these kinds of attacks are not a regular thing--they are not the norm.

In the Middle East, they happen on a regular basis.

Relativity matters, at least as far is it goes with news stories. And for the record, I didn't even know this happened until I saw this thread, but to be fair, I haven't exactly been seeking out news lately.

Every death matters at the hands of these people, but if you really want an answer to your overall question, it's because it's becoming a relative norm in the ME, and the Western world has gone numb to it. When those tactics knock on our doorstep, of course people are going to pay attention more.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wtf? Most of the rightwing racist bull# I read is written by men. The ones who say why aren't Muslims standing up to IS, blah blah blah.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Fair enough.
Hope We get used to it as soon as The Middle East did. Basically by 2020 no bomb explosion will make the headlines.
Yeah, Finally something on point.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Wtf? Most of the rightwing racist bull# I read is written by men. The ones who say why aren't Muslims standing up to IS, blah blah blah.

I haven't said a word about racism. Re-read my posts.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Don't worry lads, It's all cool...We just have to get used to it, like the ME did. Give it a couple more years boys. That's the Spirit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join