It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kabul suicide bomb kills 90, wounds 400+, nobody bats an eye.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
a reply to: Necrose

Probably because it was at the German embassy.
It is however news in Europe.

??????
What are you implying by that?
edit on 31-5-2017 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

joker makes a crazy kind of sense sometimes. crazy like a fox. so crazy you never realize how close to the truth he comes until it is too late to do anything but make the most of things. the really cool thing about joker is that he is comically exaggerated to the point of surreal villainy...and yet he is built around a grain of heart wrenching truth that you see practically everywhere in the real world. we are all one bad day away from being what we fear most, and we hide that fact behind an illusion of order and design that pretends being a monster in one light makes you a hero in another light. and it all makes me wonder just how much separates the saviors in this world from its demons, and how easily they might switch places with just...the...right...push. as I said, crazy like a fox.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I can't read this on my phone (mine isn't that fancy-schmancy) It's not on my local news, and it's definitely not anywhere in my Yahoo email news aggregate feed. I literally had no idea that this happened.
It's s#ty is what it is. It's a s#ty wait to be maimed or die from, no matter who you are or where you live.

If the victims were solely Afghani Christians, you might have some mild interest. They'll still largely shrug and eventually ignore it. Ask the Egyptian Coptics how they enjoy the token outrage once in a while.

Fact is, like someone else mentioned upthread, white people are worth more than others. Make the victims white Christians, anywhere, and now you have major interest & it's a travesty.

It's basically that simple. People will holler "WTF am I supposed to do about it", but it's basic bigotry, not lack of humanitarianism. Nobody's asking anyone to run in & be a miracle worker that stops idiots from making bombs. But maybe, IDK, showing some empathy for once despite not being able to be that miracle worker would be nice.
edit on 5/31/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

joker makes a crazy kind of sense sometimes. crazy like a fox. so crazy you never realize how close to the truth he comes until it is too late to do anything but make the most of things. the really cool thing about joker is that he is comically exaggerated to the point of surreal villainy...and yet he is built around a grain of heart wrenching truth that you see practically everywhere in the real world. we are all one bad day away from being what we fear most, and we hide that fact behind an illusion of order and design that pretends being a monster in one light makes you a hero in another light. and it all makes me wonder just how much separates the saviors in this world from its demons, and how easily they might switch places with just...the...right...push. as I said, crazy like a fox.

I know this movie by heart, one of the best movies of all time, indeed.
And the performance by Heath Ledger is.... (There is no word in English to describe it)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Haha very true, well said mate. But now, Lemme get ya an iPhone with some proper news notifications.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It was not normal in the Middle East until 9/11 and the global war on terror. And the plans are for it to become a regular thing in the West. The frequency is already going up and the lull between attacks is becoming shorter and shorter every year.
edit on 5-31-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

i'm not a big fan of heath ledgers joker, even though he was one of the better ones by far. i would have prefered a blend between heath ledgers philosophical anarchist joker and jack nicholsons sadistic comedian with a sprinkle of cesar romero for the cartoonish playfulness. i could write a small book about joker as a character and why the movies keep missing the mark, but i should save that for another thread. the point here being that you can measure the illusion of order by how readily we accept tragedy in the right context. embracing apathy in the face of senseless violence is just one more step toward becoming what we oppose so fiercely.
edit on 31-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It bothers right? that if is not attached to Russia or the western it doesn't make the news.

This is an example how selective the news media have become.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It is at the heart of diplomatic city, a fortified area which obviously has a high degree of safety, hence, it should be news.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No one bats an eye because this culture / religion has been doing it to each other since the beginning of time.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It is just part of the muslim ramadan bombathon terrorist tradition.

Even Kathy Griffin is getting in the spirit of the islamic holiday.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Adam Sandler added a new verse to the Hanuka song.

"So strap on your bomb-adon,
It's time to celebrate Ramadan!"

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Maybe it's the media being watched. The source I watch has covered it quite a bit. In fact, it's how I first heard about it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule
But you left out the part where every culture and religion has been doing it to each other since the beginning of time, even to this day. Does an Alabama father who occasionally went to church but ends up murdering his whole family not count as a brutal act of violence, maybe even terrorism?? It happens every year in the USA, multiple entire family killings by regular American white folk. I know you are blind to such violent American culture, but it is rather fairly common.

In fact, firearms incident not even being a factor, the USA population is rather quite violent, the majority of it being random and sometimes for mere entertainment.

If a perso kills up to dozens of people either as a random act of hate or even for entertainment, is it somehow better than the suicide bomber with a political agenda?? I would say a political agenda killing is actually not even nearly as bad as those who murder simply for entertainment or out of some random act of insanity.

Before 9/11 and the war on terror, I think violent crime was actually higher in North America than in any particular state in the MidEast that still had a dictator.

Just some random musings for thought. Although I know your only response will be a one liner about how bad Islam is or some stuff.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Same with the folks killed in Egypt. Children as I recall, barely a blip. Funny how that works, no?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

edit on 31-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Highly frustrating. It's like in the US when someone gets shot. It depends who got shot and by whom and where. There must be a flowchart the media uses for death and destruction.

Half of Chicago could shoot the other half and it's never mentioned. But shoot someone at an airport or upscale neighborhood in California? Oklahoma could be flattened by an F-a-million tornado and you would never know until the next time you visit and wonder where everybody went. Get an inch of snow in DC and it's wall to wall coverage.

It must have something to do with markets and narratives.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yes.I can also add that it's not just "brown people" whose brutal murders go unnoticed and uncared for,as some on this thread seems to think (not referring to you)
Thousands upon thousands of white South Africans have been getting murdered in the past 2 decades,in the most horrific and unimaginable ways,including babies and young children.White people of European descent.

No one gives a blue flying eff.Not Europe,not America,No one.We have no recourse to refugee status in those lands.

Even here on ATS very few seem to care.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

This happens and nobody bats an eye.

Many people seem to lack empathy and awareness. They only become upset when their consent has been engineered to do so. Kathy Griffin getting fired is a big deal around ATS, tho...

Why is it so, you would stone each other to death in the Manchester Bombing thread, yet nobody even reads when hundreds of people die anywhere else in the world.

The reason is because they are F#ing hypocrites. It has been proven over and over that compassion and empathy for murdered human beings in certain parts of the world is lacking—especially by terrorists the west funds. They only care when it comes back around and stings western society.

Looking out for the good-will of all humanity doesn't exist within the hearts of some people. Just keep doing your part is all that matters.

Btw, 19 flags and two pages of comments for your thread. Those two Kathy Griffin threads have way more flags and comments...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Exactly. People don't seem to g.a.s unless it happens to them, or is close to home, or unless it's turned into something that is spun against their way of life or culture. Example: an attack on people on the west coast doesn't directly affect someone on the east coast, but it's an attack on "Americans." And attack in Manchester doesn't directly affect anyone in the US, but it's an attack on the "West." An attack in the middle east, or elsewhere, is just an attack.

Same with South Africa. It's to "them," not us, so who cares.

I'm not saying that is how I feel, but that's the sad reality among many.

It's a shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join