It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

49 shot in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend — and that's a sign of progress

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Lets put it this way. If you and 3 other "contestants" were told:

"At 7pm this evening, Go into Chicago for 24 hours and take a geo-tagged photo of every active crime scene you can find. At 7:15pm tomorrow, e-mail each photo to us. Whichever contestant has the most verified crime-scene photos, will receive a $10,000 cashier's check."

Which neighborhood would you focus on? White? Black? Hispanic? Asian? Polish? Other?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
For those that like to read articles with links and stats....
www.usnews.com...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Who said I'm not? I've just noticed that one skin color seems to be the focus in this thread for some reason?

I mean who cares if statistically white people commit more mass murders and rapes than any other ethnicity regardless of their percentage within the population? Those 100 rapes by black men are much more threatening and dangerous than the 1,000 committed by white people because something about the percentage of each race.

If I see 1,000 white men raping women beside 100 black men doing the same thing I'm just going to assume the black ones are more dangerous because of the percentage they make up of black people. Forget raw numbers! Those are useless.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I know what's wrong in Chicago, and it hasn't been mentioned yet.

The crime wave has nothing to do with skin color. Anyone can find statistics that show a correlation, but correlation does not imply causation.

It ain't the guns. Chicago, as has been stated multiple times, is the heart of gun control in America. It is the test bench for gun control. If the crime rate were extremely low in Chicago, it could be argued that gun control works. But the crime rate is extremely high where gun control is rampant, so it's a failed experiment.

It's not poverty. Poor people are people with little to no money, not people who commit crimes. There are plenty of poor areas with much less crime across the country. As before, one might find a correlation, but that is not indicative of causation.

The problem is respect... or rather, a lack of it. As a truck driver, I have driven all around and all through Chicago. I've had 18 wheels on Lakeshore Drive (yeah, illegal, I know... wrong turn and panic while I found my way out). I've seen the Loop close up as I passed by to get to a receiving facility. One of my companies had a terminal in the middle of Chicago... the directions included "turn left just before you hit the low-clearance overpass."

Chicagoans have zero respect for others. I have seen it time and time again. They'll cut you off, swerve to run you off the road, ignore signs and warnings, and generally drive as though everyone else on the road is a direct assault on them personally. I would... actually I have... traded a load that went around Chicago for one that picked up in Queens, New York and delivered in downtown Atlanta.

Normal people don't shoot each other. Normal people don't try to run you off the road because they're in a hurry. Normal people have enough respect for each other to work out differences and try to coexist. Chicagoans don't have that respect... it's every man for himself, damn anyone else. I'm sure there are exceptions... but exceptions by definition are not the rule.

Poverty correlates to crime not because poor folk are criminals, but because poor Chicagoans don't care about anyone but themselves and feel justified in committing crimes against those other people who don't matter to them. They need what someone else has, so the obvious solution is to take it. The other person doesn't matter. Democrat might correlate, because look at the way Democratic leaders disrespect others: Hillary joking about how the FBI can't touch her while calling half the country "deplorable." Obama blatantly lying about "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan." Warren openly refusing to follow Senate rules on decorum. Al Green demanding Impeachment proceedings without charges because he doesn't agree with the election results... all prime examples of disrespect. If the leaders can get away with it, why can't the people? Skin color might correlate because statistically a larger percentage of black than whites are living in inner-city poverty.

But they only correlate because they have a common cause, not because they are causative in themselves. That common link is disrespect for others. And it's spreading.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Let's put it this way. If you and 3 other "contestants" were told:

"Go find which race commits the most rapes and mass murders when taking the entire population as a whole into account."

Which race will you find commits the most mass murders and rapes based on raw numbers?

I'll give you a hint: white people.

But like you are implying, 100 black men raping women is TOTALLY a much bigger epidemic than those 1,000 white guys doing the same thing.

If there were a contest for which race commits the most mass murders and rapes which race would win?

I'll give you another hint: it's the same as the first one. White people would take home the trophy for most rapes and mass murders committed.
edit on 5/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
www.usnews.com...

There's one chart in that US News.com link that's stunning.

Roughly 1,200 more Blacks were murdered in 2015 than Whites. Yet Blacks make up only 13% of the entire U.S. population.

Cursed race?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

That is pretty crazy but doesn't that mean black people are more prone to being murdered than white people by a very large margin?

And before you bring up black on black crime, white people are killed by other white people 80%+ of the time which isn't that far off from the 90% black on black crime.

Why aren't white people outraged over white on white crime and why are they ignoring it?! What a tragedy!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thank-you for sharing your experiences in Chicago, TheRedNeck. I only go to Chicago when I have to, but you're pretty much spot on with your observations.

You're right about how Democrats have "governed" Chicago and Illinois into the ground over the past 75 years. It was embarrassing on November 9, 2017 to see every state around us (Iowa/Wisconsin/Indiana/Michigan/Ohio) turn RED (Trump), while our broke, backward state went for crooked Hillary.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That is pretty crazy but doesn't that mean black people are more prone to being murdered than white people by a very large margin?

And before you bring up black on black crime, white people are killed by other white people 80%+ of the time which isn't that far off from the 90% black on black crime.

Why aren't white people outraged over white on white crime and why are they ignoring it?! What a tragedy!

In Chicago, white-on-white crime doesn't snuff out the lives of little children playing in their front yards, or students waiting for their school bus.

Look... I don't want to talk about this anymore, because it makes me so angry at the Chicago police department. Due to a camera every 2 blocks or so, they know the license plate of every car that carriers murderous street gang members. But not a damn thing is done to catch the driver/passengers.

Next week, they'll take that car (most likely a SUV) out to kill another rival gang-member and possibly some little kid who got caught in the crossfire. I don't know how Chicago's police chief and mayor can sleep at night.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You're right, white on white crime never ends in children dying. I don't have anything to back this statement up but I like the way it sounds so I decided I'd pull it out off my ass just like you.

Your appeal to emotion isn't going to work on me, sorry.

I see you ignored my other reply to you.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah, I meet a lot of people outside the ghetto that feel the same way.

I told you it would sound racist.

Because it is primarily one race.

Not sure how to sugar coat an ignorant tribal behavior like that.

Christ, I was shot at in Chicago and called a stupid wite mofo, that was in 95, when I was 15.
I was shot at for being white in the wrong place. They shot at me and my 12 yr old brothers heads.

Two bullets whizzed by our heads.

Go spread some equality, just don't sit at a light too long, you will probably get carjacked, mugged, and murdered.

It's not a internet love fest in chi town.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: sausage fingers.sp correction

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Again, go take a basic stats course. The per capita rates of black murder are exponentially higher. This is why the focus on black on black crime. The white population is almost 5x's as large as the black population but 1,200 more blacks were murdered in a 2015. This means the rate of murder is about 5x's as high within the black community compared to a similar population of whites.

In other words, if you had 100,000 blacks, you might see 50 murdered where as if you had 100,000 whites it would only be 10. The per capita rates are what tell the story. Murders of whites is simply not as big of an issue relative to their overall population.

To further illustrate this point, Chicago isn't even the most violent city in the US. A lot of smaller cities are far more violent on a per capita basis. However, Chicago has the most number of murders but we also have one of the largest populations. So our 700 odd murders sounds like a lot but when you look at it on a per capita basis, I don't even think we are in the top 15 or 20 for most violent cities. Cities like Baton Rouge, Detroit, Baltimore have far more murders relative to their populations than Chicago.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Primarily one race that does what? Commit crime? I didn't realize black people were the only people who commit crime.

It's primarily white people that commit rape and mass murder, but who cares about those things? Black people kill people and rob them just like any other race! How dare they be like every other race!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I know what's wrong in Chicago, and it hasn't been mentioned yet.

The crime wave has nothing to do with skin color. Anyone can find statistics that show a correlation, but correlation does not imply causation.

It ain't the guns. Chicago, as has been stated multiple times, is the heart of gun control in America. It is the test bench for gun control. If the crime rate were extremely low in Chicago, it could be argued that gun control works. But the crime rate is extremely high where gun control is rampant, so it's a failed experiment.

It's not poverty. Poor people are people with little to no money, not people who commit crimes. There are plenty of poor areas with much less crime across the country. As before, one might find a correlation, but that is not indicative of causation.

The problem is respect... or rather, a lack of it. As a truck driver, I have driven all around and all through Chicago. I've had 18 wheels on Lakeshore Drive (yeah, illegal, I know... wrong turn and panic while I found my way out). I've seen the Loop close up as I passed by to get to a receiving facility. One of my companies had a terminal in the middle of Chicago... the directions included "turn left just before you hit the low-clearance overpass."

Chicagoans have zero respect for others. I have seen it time and time again. They'll cut you off, swerve to run you off the road, ignore signs and warnings, and generally drive as though everyone else on the road is a direct assault on them personally. I would... actually I have... traded a load that went around Chicago for one that picked up in Queens, New York and delivered in downtown Atlanta.

Normal people don't shoot each other. Normal people don't try to run you off the road because they're in a hurry. Normal people have enough respect for each other to work out differences and try to coexist. Chicagoans don't have that respect... it's every man for himself, damn anyone else. I'm sure there are exceptions... but exceptions by definition are not the rule.

Poverty correlates to crime not because poor folk are criminals, but because poor Chicagoans don't care about anyone but themselves and feel justified in committing crimes against those other people who don't matter to them. They need what someone else has, so the obvious solution is to take it. The other person doesn't matter. Democrat might correlate, because look at the way Democratic leaders disrespect others: Hillary joking about how the FBI can't touch her while calling half the country "deplorable." Obama blatantly lying about "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan." Warren openly refusing to follow Senate rules on decorum. Al Green demanding Impeachment proceedings without charges because he doesn't agree with the election results... all prime examples of disrespect. If the leaders can get away with it, why can't the people? Skin color might correlate because statistically a larger percentage of black than whites are living in inner-city poverty.

But they only correlate because they have a common cause, not because they are causative in themselves. That common link is disrespect for others. And it's spreading.

TheRedneck

Chicago has the worst drivers in the US imho. They are extremely aggressive and the rules of the road are suggestions. I've driven in most major cities (including NYC) and have yet to see more asshattery on the road than Chicago. It isn't just speeding, but the sheer amount of reckless driving is mindboggling.

I

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
www.usnews.com...

There's one chart in that US News.com link that's stunning.

Roughly 1,200 more Blacks were murdered in 2015 than Whites. Yet Blacks make up only 13% of the entire U.S. population.

Cursed race?

Well...some don't want to call a spade a spade. Others don't want to see that the majority of slavery worldwide was by Muslim hands.

All want to blame Anglo Saxons as the demon.

Personally I could care less what you look like. It is all about respecting others.

I wear ugly shoes because I think they are comfy, not because an ad says they're the best. I have many tattoos, not because I think they're cool, but because I like late 1800's Italian poster art. I wear tighty whities because I like them.

If folks would focus more on personal preferences and less on what they think others care about what they wear or have then society would likely be a LOT more peaceful.

Consumerism is the fail of a truly peaceful society. Religion is the catalyst to end humanity.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I understand percentages and "per capita", your point is not lost on me.

I also understand raw numbers as well and the raw numbers say that white people commit more rapes and mass murders than any other race regardless of what percentage of the population we make up. You can bring up per capita and percentages all you want, that doesn't change the fact that white people commit crime just like black people do.

Which is more dangerous, 10 lions or 100 lions? 10 rapes or 100 rapes? 10 mass murderers or 100 mass murderers? 10 black men killing or 100 white men killing?

Focusing on one race above all others is ignorant. If you really wanted to stop crime you wouldn't pick and choose which race needs to be stopped, you'd want to stop crime regardless of skin color.

Your issue clearly isn't with crime, it's with what skin color is committing it.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I like Illinois outside Chicago. It's a nice, semi-conservative state with good people. But Chicago rules it. It reminds me of Georgia in that respect, but Atlanta doesn't completely rule... just mostly.

My son just got a new job and there's talk of sending him to Chicago for training. It has me scared silly. I can't seem to get him to understand what it's really like. I hate to admit this, but if an asteroid struck Chicago tomorrow, it would be a relief.

I don't want a phone call from CPD...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

I understand percentages and "per capita", your point is not lost on me.

I also understand raw numbers as well and the raw numbers say that white people commit more rapes and mass murders than any other race regardless of what percentage of the population we make up. You can bring up per capita and percentages all you want, that doesn't change the fact that white people commit crime just like black people do.

Which is more dangerous, 10 lions or 100 lions? 10 rapes or 100 rapes? 10 mass murderers or 100 mass murderers? 10 black men killing or 100 white men killing?

Focusing on one race above all others is ignorant. If you really wanted to stop crime you wouldn't pick and choose which race needs to be stopped, you'd want to stop crime regardless of skin color.

Your issue clearly isn't with crime, it's with what skin color is committing it.

Hmmm...so how far back are you going to find your data?

And is it only US based because whites and blacks are worldwide....as are many other colors.

I think you'll find that worldwide mass murders are committed over 10 times more by those of any other color than white in history...same with rape.

But if we are solely going by US numbers then why not specify more? Per capita by race perhaps? Blacks FAR surpass any other race in almost ever crime statistic per capita in almost every US state for any felony.

Muslims have killed more in history than any other. Blunt objects and edged weapons have killed millions more than any gun in history.

So tell me...how far back shall we go to discuss atrocities?
What is the date we start from? I mean history says we all descended from a certain area and it didnt start out white...

Who was the first US slave owner on record...a black man. Who captured and sold the most slaves worldwide...Muslims.

If we are going to debate history...then I'd like to know how far back to go to get pissed off....whats the cutoff...where do we begin?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Again, what does race have to do with stopping crime when all races commit crime? If you single out any one race you are ignoring the other ones who are doing the same thing.

Do white people kill other people? Do black people? Asian people? Indian people? Etc.? If so then crime is a universal problem, not just a problem among one ethnicity.

Also, can you give any sources for these numbers you're throwing at me? E.g. mass murderers being 10× more common in races other than white, Muslims selling the most slaves, etc.?

Even if your numbers are right, why does it matter who is doing them when all races are guilty of those things?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Again, what does race have to do with stopping crime when all races commit crime? If you single out any one race you are ignoring the other ones who are doing the same thing.

Do white people kill other people? Do black people? Asian people? Indian people? Etc.? If so then crime is a universal problem, not just a problem among one ethnicity.

Sure they all do, but when one commits more per capita over another then there is a correlation that needs to be made.

Funny thing to me is when the correlation is positive nobody complains and they tout it....such as Asians be mathematically inclined, African Americans being athletically inclined, etc....but when a negative stigma is applied it becomes taboo and racist.

So....answer me this...if athletic ability can be attributed, why can't criminal ability?

I'd bet you that there are more blacks on US football and basketball teams than any other race...I'd also bet that more blacks on this teams have had criminal records than any other race...why can I not correlate the 2 figures?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join