It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

49 shot in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend — and that's a sign of progress

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So you'd rather combat 100 black rapists instead of the 1,000 white ones solely on the fact that those 100 black men make up a larger percentage of the black population than the whites do to theirs?

I just don't understand the logic here. 1,000 lions are 10 times as dangerous as 100 lions, but with your logic the 100 lions are more dangerous only because they have spots whereas the other ones don't.

No offense, but that's one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard on here.
edit on 5/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not even close.

Pull some per capita figures.

Then cross refrence IQs against figures.

They're just too stupid to assimilate into society.

Check out their tribal grade behavior in Africa for reference . They don't even have the expense to live stress there, and they are hacking each other up with machetes, because a rival tribes monkey landed on a girl.

3 seconds of eye contact vs two...

You diss me foo?. Pop, pop, pop

They need to advance to civility or be removed from society.

I think Storm Front boards might be more suitable for you.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The problem is respect... or rather, a lack of it. As a truck driver, I have driven all around and all through Chicago. I've had 18 wheels on Lakeshore Drive (yeah, illegal, I know... wrong turn and panic while I found my way out). I've seen the Loop close up as I passed by to get to a receiving facility. One of my companies had a terminal in the middle of Chicago... the directions included "turn left just before you hit the low-clearance overpass."

Chicagoans have zero respect for others. I have seen it time and time again. They'll cut you off, swerve to run you off the road, ignore signs and warnings, and generally drive as though everyone else on the road is a direct assault on them personally. I would... actually I have... traded a load that went around Chicago for one that picked up in Queens, New York and delivered in downtown Atlanta.

Well let me ask you this then. I've spent a lot of time in Bulgaria, Russia and Italy. Know what's common in those places? Insane drivers with little respect for others or apparently, little respect for the value of their own lives.

I've seen absolutely insane driving in those places on a regular basis. But even with that lack of respect on the roadways they aren't going around shooting one another at even 5% of the rate we see in Chicago.

So what's your theory as to why lack of respect on the roadways leads to massive shootings in Chicago but has no apparent correlation elsewhere?

I'd add, even by Chicago poverty standards I've been in poorer areas in Bulgaria and Russia. My wife's grandparents didn't even have indoor plumbing. That's right, want to drop a deuce, go squat in the out-house. We actually just bought that house and I'll have to find a way to build an indoor bathroom. And guess what? That poverty there again doesn't lead to shooting one another. Outside the odd mafia hit there are no shootings for the most part. They gypsy villages are one of the saddest things I've seen, far worse than any Chicago poverty and they don't go around shooting or killing others either. So poverty isn't the reason.

Seems to me it's culture. Inner city American culture which worships gang life and puts no value on stable families and education.
edit on 30-5-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The problem is respect... or rather, a lack of it. As a truck driver, I have driven all around and all through Chicago. I've had 18 wheels on Lakeshore Drive (yeah, illegal, I know... wrong turn and panic while I found my way out). I've seen the Loop close up as I passed by to get to a receiving facility. One of my companies had a terminal in the middle of Chicago... the directions included "turn left just before you hit the low-clearance overpass."

Chicagoans have zero respect for others. I have seen it time and time again. They'll cut you off, swerve to run you off the road, ignore signs and warnings, and generally drive as though everyone else on the road is a direct assault on them personally. I would... actually I have... traded a load that went around Chicago for one that picked up in Queens, New York and delivered in downtown Atlanta.

Well let me ask you this then. I've spent a lot of time in Bulgaria, Russia and Italy. Know what's common in those places? Insane drivers with little respect for others or apparently, little respect for the value of their own lives.

I've seen absolutely insane driving in those places on a regular basis. But even with that lack of respect on the roadways they aren't going around shooting one another at even 5% of the rate we see in Chicago.

So what's your theory as to why lack of respect on the roadways leads to massive shootings in Chicago but has no apparent correlation elsewhere?

Seems to me it's culture. Inner city American culture which worships gang life and puts no value on stable families and education.

There is no Second Amendment in either of the 3 countries you have visited, that's why there are no shootings over road rage, mass shootings, school shootings etc.
edit on 30-5-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Shootings over road rage, mass shooting and school shootings aren't the problem in Chicago.

It's gang shootings. It's territory. It's ego. It's kill on site your opposition.

And that's cultural.

There's plenty of guns in Italy and Bulgaria. What they don't have is the glorified street gang culture.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Again, what does race have to do with stopping crime when all races commit crime? If you single out any one race you are ignoring the other ones who are doing the same thing.

Do white people kill other people? Do black people? Asian people? Indian people? Etc.? If so then crime is a universal problem, not just a problem among one ethnicity.

Source...feel free to use whatever stat from it.
www.google.com...://www.unodc.org/documents/gsh/pdfs/2014_GLOBAL_HOMICIDE_BOOK_web.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwif4t2i qpnUAhVozIMKHVGBC8YQFggoMAU&usg=AFQjCNFKMzlE6O60ovq1JDQkd6oEbmnPDQ

Sure....everyone kills everyone. But there are some that kill more.

As far as slavery goes....just research it a bit. Do you really think white people travelled to Africa or Asia and captured millions of slaves? Nope...they were captured and sold by those in the area....white people bought them.

But yeah let's get pissed at the ones who bought them....not the ones that killed their families, enslaved them in the first place then sold them

Oh....and while you're googling...check out why the initial wall was built around Vatican City.....

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah, I meet a lot of people outside the ghetto that feel the same way.

I told you it would sound racist.

Because it is primarily one race.

Not sure how to sugar coat an ignorant tribal behavior like that.

Christ, I was shot at in Chicago and called a stupid wite mofo, that was in 95, when I was 15.
I was shot at for being white in the wrong place. They shot at me and my 12 yr old brothers heads.

Two bullets whizzed by our heads.

Go spread some equality, just don't sit at a light too long, you will probably get carjacked, mugged, and murdered.

It's not a internet love fest in chi town.

It's not only racist, but retarded too.
Have you ever wondered why Europe doesent have these gun related problems with black people ? If your degenerate race theory was correct, the problem would be universal, correct ? How is it that there is no "Chicago" or "Detroit" in Europe ?
The problem is within your society and your obsession with guns and violence, not racial.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here is the UN reports.
www.unodc.org...

Same as what I linked earlier but from the site and you can search what you want.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

When did slavery from hundreds of years ago come into this? Stop moving the goalposts.

Your link isn't working.

So you bring in all these numbers and when I ask for sources you expect me to go out and find them for you? Why didn't you bring them with you when you brought the numbers? Or did you not get the numbers from anywhere and are hoping I don't look into it any further?

You're the one who made the claims, I shouldn't have to prove your claims for you.

What race has committed the most rapes and mass murders since 1982 in America? White people.

Even though black people rape and mass murder less than white people you believe that they are the bigger threat in that regard. That doesn't make any sense.
edit on 5/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Shootings over road rage, mass shooting and school shootings aren't the problem in Chicago.

It's gang shootings. It's territory. It's ego. It's kill on site your opposition.

And that's cultural.

There's plenty of guns in Italy and Bulgaria. What they don't have is the glorified street gang culture.

I agree its cultural. Americans are obsessed with guns and violence. Why is USA #1 country in the world when it comes to gun related violence ? Your gun culture didnt start with street gangs but goes way back before that. Europe is filled with exactly same races and nationalities as the US (minus latinos) yet we don't have Chicago nor Detroit.
49 shootings during one weekend ! Fkin hell, 49 shootings, most "ruthless" European ghetto is Disneyland compared to USA.
edit on 31-5-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

When did slavery come into this? Stop moving the goalposts.

Your link isn't working.

So you bring in all these numbers and when I ask for sources you expect me to go out and find them for you? Why didn't you bring them with you when you brought the numbers? Or did you not get the numbers from anywhere and are hoping I don't look into it any further?

You're the one who made the claims, I shouldn't have to prove your claims for you.

What race has committed the most rapes and mass murders since 1982 in America? White people.

Even though black people rape and mass murder less than white people you believe that they are the bigger threat in that regard. That doesn't make any sense.

No...not moving goal posts...that would imply future...

I am referencing past.

How far back do we go to get pissed?

See...youre blind to just the US. When you speak of a race you can't equate it to just the US because races now equate themselves to the world...hence African American and whatnot.

If you want to specify a time then why 1982? Why not specify Chicago on Memorial Day this year?

Stats only work if you take ALL of them into consideration, not just those that work for your narrative.

I could care less if you look up or prove them. Fact of the matter is that whites have been around far fewer years in history than any other color and millions more have been killed prior.

You think religious and race wars started in 1776?

edit on 5/31/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You've turned the focus from just the recent past of America to now the entire world and all of recorded history.

That's a prime example of someone moving the goalposts. You have effectively made the dataset infinitely harder to collect and your argument impossible to disprove. Good job.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

You've turned the focus from just the recent past of America to now the entire world and all of recorded history.

That's a prime example of someone moving the goalposts. You have effectively made the dataset infinitely harder to collect and your argument impossible to disprove. Good job.

Precisely....why wouldn't you look at history as a whole? Why cherry pick a specific set that meets your conclusion?

And no, you're still missing the meaning of moving goalposts....that implies future that would imply me making claims of what I "believe"....not what has happened.

Like I have asked before....how far back is the cut off to be pissed at cultural wrongdoings?

I'd venture as far as to say whites are the most oppressed in history based on the historical record of how long they have been around versus all other colors. I'd also venture to say the are the worldwide minority in history based off recorded history.

So...how far back? And what countries? And should we limit it to fit our narrative by city within state within country?

Hopefully you see what I'm getting at and how stupid the US only narrative is.

You think oppression came from white people and violence came from white people and etc?

Where do you think black people came from in the US? Just like whites, they weren't indigenous....

Who sold slaves to white slave owners? You think they went in an took over tribes and hauled them back themselves? Or did they pull up in boats and pay for them.....pay for those captured by their own people and other non white races in Africa and Asia?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

One other point...when science studies something do you believe they should only study a certain few years, or as far back as they can in order to make draw a reasonable conclusion? I mean what if Earth IS the center of the universe right? For a very specific period of time this was the belief....should I only take that period of time into account when researching?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Chicago saw a decrease in shootings over the Memorial Day weekend ...

Only 49 shooting and 5 killings !!

Last year had 7 killings !!

Progress by any standard !!

They just poor shooters.... They need more practice I think.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You're doubling down on moving the goalposts. Bold move.

But tell me, what does the entirety of recorded history of the entire world have to do with these 49 shootings that happened over Memorial Day weekend?

This thread was never about what happened to slaves hundreds of years ago, your are the one who is trying to make into that.

Also, you must not be familiar with the term "moving the goalposts". Here's the definition for you:

Moving the goalposts (or shifting the goalposts) is a metaphor, derived from association football or other games, that means to change the criterion (goal) of a process or competition while still in progress, in such a way that the new goal offers one side an intentional advantage or disadvantage.

Nowhere does it say anything about "future" or "past" like with your made up definition.

So tell me, how is moving the focus from the recent past of Chicago/America to now the entire world and all of recorded history not an example of you changing the criteria to something that gives you an unfair advantage?

We don't have data from hundreds of years ago like we do today, yet you expect me to collect all this data from hundreds of years ago that doesn't exist? And on top of all that it has absolutely nothing to do with Chicago/America today nor the topic at hand.

Sounds like you've given yourself an unfair advantage, telling me I need to collect data that doesn't exist or is extremely hard to find for something that has no connection to the topic.

What kind of logic are you using?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

You're doubling down on moving the goalposts. Bold move.

But tell me, what does the entirety of recorded history of the entire world have to do with these 49 shootings that happened over Memorial Day weekend?

This thread was never about what happened to slaves hundreds of years ago, your are the one who is trying to make into that.

Also, you must not be familiar with the term "moving the goalposts". Here's the definition for you:

Moving the goalposts (or shifting the goalposts) is a metaphor, derived from association football or other games, that means to change the criterion (goal) of a process or competition while still in progress, in such a way that the new goal offers one side an intentional advantage or disadvantage.

Nowhere does it say anything about "future" or "past" like with your made up definition.

So tell me, how is moving the focus from the recent past of Chicago/America to now the entire world and all of recorded history not an example of you changing the criteria to something that gives you an unfair advantage?

We don't have data from hundreds of years ago like we do today, yet you expect me to collect the data from hundreds of years ago even though it doesn't exist and has absolutely nothing to do with Chicago/America today?

What kind of logic are you using?

Not bold at all...logical actually.

Let me ask you a question....what do you learn from?

I am not moving a goalpost....I am one of the lines in the field that has been there since the game had lines in the field. I am history. I am what you read in books. There is no advantage to knowing what I know other than knowing what I know. History is history....moving goal posts would imply my making a statement that isn't true and working towards making it true.

49 shootings (over 60 actually) with majority in black neighborhoods....(yes I actually went and researched them and looked at who was booked from where)...

You can't expect me to only go with recent history if you identify as an African American can you? Should I only take LGBT history as the last 10 or so years as all I can draw from? Should I be selective and only reminisce on specific instances in history to reinforce my point?

Or is it more logical to take all of history into account and draw a conclusion?

And sure we have data from hundreds of years ago....if we didn't then how would we know climate change is happ....oh....wait....

Here's a really good article to give a very PC explanation for what I'm talking about....

www.npr.org...

And, as you can see, about 20 percent of meerkat deaths are murders. Their violence has been documented; a 2006 study described in National Geographic documented meerkat mothers killing the offspring of other females to maintain dominance.

In our worst times, humans display murderous behavior; the newly published study found rates of lethal violence between 15 percent and 30 percent for human populations living between 500 and 3,000 years ago.

You see....those listed are all species....all violent....all murderous.

We, as humans, were right there at the top at 30% up to 3000 years ago....

Anywho....

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

And that's cultural.

I agree its cultural. Americans are obsessed with guns and violence. Why is USA #1 country in the world when it comes to gun related violence ? Your gun culture didnt start with street gangs but goes way back before that. Europe is filled with exactly same races and nationalities as the US (minus latinos) yet we don't have Chicago nor Detroit.
49 shootings during one weekend ! Fkin hell, 49 shootings, most "ruthless" European ghetto is Disneyland compared to USA.

Hmmm...maybe you should read more about gun related violence and who is number 1....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

And that's just death rates....

Oh...wait....you were drawing on a subset of "developed" countries to make your argument right.....

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Odd so many racial references yet missed or ignore the foundation or hoodlum activities that built Chicago crime world?

Chicago has had roots in gangster to gang activity probably before and near Al Capone days.
These roots have grown into thorn bushes of various races?
Upon each of these thorn bushes or neighborhoods exist beautiful flowers that are malnourished by the thorns suffocating them.

In the past there were leaders for the current thorns to gain some guidance to help them blossom into flowers.

But those leaders were assassinated, programming the hopelessness in the subconscious of those many here are discussing.
And now there are no leaders to guide because they are sold out or afraid of becoming MLK or X examples.

And so hopelessness over rides and you have Chi raq mentality were ignorance are carrying illegal guns/long arms intimidating many.
And those seeking to defend themselves also carry illegal firearms to protect themselves, because no disrespect to any law enforcement but they cant call police when a situation that may involve their lives is at stake. Remember in the subconscious they already feel there is no hope.

Visualize it couple kids at a party some depressed prescription drug xanax or Percocet group rolls in half out their minds starts the drama in a split second everyone knows someone or someone's are armed next thing you know shooting happens.

How in that short amount of time are they supposed to immediately stop what they are doing and run call the police w/o being observed? knowing everyone is watching and hoping not to get hit?
They can't and if they did they would probably die with the phone in hand calling the police.
So the issue is a lot deeper then some observed in this thread are taking it.
But I guess for some its easy to acknowledge the thorn bushes and not the roots that caused them to grow...
Be well-

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

And that's cultural.

Hmmm...maybe you should read more about gun related violence and who is number 1....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

And that's just death rates....

Oh...wait....you were drawing on a subset of "developed" countries to make your argument right.....

What an achievement,you have lower gun related death rates than Honduras, Guatemala and Swaziland. Seriously man ?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join