It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caesar's Messiah: The Roman Conspiracy to Invent Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I found this fascinating book on the Christian religion was created by a particular Roman family in response to Judean uprisings and the hope to get the people to willingly submit to Roman authority.

According to the author, the Roman Flavian family invented Christianity as a way to control the masses. After putting down the Judean uprisings, the Romans looked for a cheaper way to control the masses by replacing the old religion with a new religion.

The author claims Christianity was fabricated from previous religions. A composite of all the previous sun and salvation gods. The religion was engineered to get the minds of the conquered people to submit to Roman authority by creating a religious authority. The purpose of Christianity was to convert the Jews to a new religion one that would bring them under the wings of Roman rule willingly.

For example, here are some passages from the Bible designed to get the Jews to submit to Roman authority:

Romans 13
Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Philippians 2:10 (New International Version)
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth

Romans 14:11 (New International Version)
It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'”

The religion is designed so people with accept the authority of the government without question. This is why Christians do not protest all the killing that occurs in war. Because criticizing the killing done by the state would be the same thing as criticizing God even though it is supposedly immoral to kill other people.

"But this god they believe in doesn’t actually exist like they think, what they are doing is (for most it is subconscious) agreeing collectively to a set of rules and giving away their personal authority to the state which acts as an arbitrager."

Online Version of the Book

edit on 26-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Oh man, I hope hope hope that you have NOT yet read this thread, because if not, you are in for one hell of a treat - this is BY FAR, one of ATS's best threads ever - prepare to have your mind=blown...

All Roads Lead to Rome

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

"But this god they believe in doesn’t actually exist like they think, what they are doing is (for most it is subconscious) agreeing collectively to a set of rules and giving away their personal authority to the state which acts as an arbitrager."

Yeah the 'state' sure loved Jesus......

Christians are not taught that war is okay, or that we should support it. Have you even read a Bible, even once? We're not to FIGHT the government, that's a different issue. We are not 'of' this world and so anything that happens on it is not our be all and end all, but we're called to look after one another as the great commission.

Your misguided attempt to attribute Jesus to a religion is terrible. Jesus was rejected by religious people, reading the Bible would show you that.

Honestly if you'd just READ the Bible most of the threads that pop up on ATS wouldn't happen.

Better yet, if you DO read the Bible and you want to know why you're 100% wrong, TAKE IN what Jesus says. As the savior and image to which we should aspire to, read his words most closely.

You'd find that these people who CALL..... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THAT AGAIN -------CALL-------- themselves Christians, but -------- DO NOT ACT LIKE CHRIST ---------- have absolutely no business calling themselves Christians, at all. They're hypocrites and Jesus tells us himself what he thinks of hypocrites. Our image was forgiving and kind, never hurt a soul and rejected, outright, overt and perverse power. He did not have a 'crusade' or kill anything, and he loved all his people dearly. He loved sinners even more, seeking them out and telling them they are saved.

Yet this is a control structure, come on....... :/

Do not turn this into a false equivalency with Islam either or I swear I'll eat a phone-book.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I've never heard that all of Christianity was created by the Romans..but there is ALOT. Of evidence the book of Paul was...

All the "pay your taxes " and "serve your masters" stuff was from Paul..

A guy who never even met Jesus, but made it into the Bible because he had visions..

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Excuse me if this is a crazy question for I mostly read and make an occasional sarcastic remark. And first, before the potential crazy question, thanks for putting that link to that thread...didn't know it existed, and so far without reading it all, seems pretty FN sweet!
My question,
How do I mark the territory (thread) without actually peeing on it? To get to it easily.
It seems I can't comment on it, but I did see a 'favorite' tab and something else. Also excuse me, for all I've ever used is my so called smart phone to use this site.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Makes perfect sense really.

Take bits of what people already believe in, so the transition is easy.
Say this guy is anti establishment, but make the teachings of said guy to follow establishment.
Add a bit of magical stuff for effect.

And voila!

Christianity.
edit on 2652017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Bhahahahahahahaha...

A father has authority in his home, but does this give him power to abuse his wife and children? Of course not.

An employer has authority on the job, but does this give him power to control the private lives of his employees? No.

A pastor has overseer authority in the church, but does this give him power to tell employers in his church how to run their businesses? Of course not.

All human authority is limited in nature. No man has unlimited authority over the lives of other men. (Lordship and Sovereignty is the exclusive domain of Jesus Christ.)

By the same token, a civil magistrate has authority in civil matters, but his authority is limited and defined. Observe that Romans Chapter 13 clearly limits the authority of civil government by strictly defining its purpose: "For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil . . . For he is the minister of God to thee for good . . . for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."

Notice that civil government must not be a "terror to good works." It has no power or authority to terrorize good works or good people. God never gave it that authority. And any government that oversteps that divine boundary has no divine authority or protection.

Did John the Baptist violate God's principle of submission to authority when he publicly scolded King Herod for his infidelity?

Did Simon Peter and the other Apostles violate God's principle of submission to authority when they refused to stop preaching on the streets of Jerusalem?

Did Paul violate God's principle of submission to authority when he refused to obey those authorities who demanded that he abandon his missionary work? In fact, Paul spent almost as much time in jail as he did out of jail.

Remember that every apostle of Christ (except John) was killed by hostile civil authorities opposed to their endeavors. Christians throughout church history were imprisoned, tortured, or killed by civil authorities of all stripes for refusing to submit to their various laws and prohibitions. Did all of these Christian martyrs violate God's principle of submission to authority?

In the New Testament, the book of Acts records the civil disobedience of Peter and John towards the authorities that were in power at the time. After Peter healed a man born lame, Peter and John were arrested for preaching about Jesus and put in jail. The religious authorities were determined to stop them from teaching about Jesus; however, Peter said, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to give heed to you rather than to God, you be the judge; for we cannot stop speaking about what we have seen and heard” (Acts 4:19–20). Later, the rulers confronted the apostles again and reminded them of their command to not teach about Jesus, but Peter responded, “We must obey God rather than men” (Acts 5:29).

One last example of civil disobedience is found in the book of Revelation where the Antichrist commands all those who are alive during the end times to worship an image of himself. But the apostle John, who wrote Revelation, states that those who become Christians at the time will disobey the Antichrist and his government and refuse to worship the image (Revelation 13:15) just as Daniel’s companions violated Nebuchadnezzar’s decree to worship his idol.

www.desiringgod.org...

Christians should always be subject to the governing authorities as long as authorities punish only what is evil and praise only what is good, submission to God will always conform to submission to the authorities.

But if the authorities ever begin to punish the good and reward the bad, then submission to God will bring us into conflict with the authorities.

So the command to be subject in verses 1 and 5 is not absolute; it depends on whether subjection will involve us in doing wrong. The ultimate criterion of right and wrong is not whether a ruling authority commands it, but whether God commands it.

The fact that God has ordained all authority does not mean all authority should be obeyed. It is right to resist what God has appointed in order to obey what God has commanded. His appointment of Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar, Darius, Pilate, Domitian, Bloody Mary, Adolf Hitler, and Idi Amin may be for our testing (cf. Deuteronomy 13:3). Will we save our lives and submit to the ruling authority, or will we say with Peter, "We must obey God rather than men," and thus risk our lives?

When verse 5 says we are to be subject in order to avoid wrath, it means the punishment that comes from wrongdoing, not from obedience to Christ. 1 Peter 4:15, 16 makes this issue clearer. It says, "Let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or a wrongdoer or a mischief-maker; yet if one suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but under that name let him glorify God." In other words, strive to avoid incurring wrath for wrongdoing, but if doing what Christ demands brings wrath, don't have a guilty conscience, glorify God.

We can sum up in several sentences. 1) There is no authority except from God. The greatest human ruler should humbly confess he is where he is by virtue of God's sovereign appointment. 2) Nevertheless, some rules and governments are good, and some are bad. Some reward the right and punish the wrong. Others do the reverse. Most do a little of both. 3) Therefore, the demand for subjection is relative, not absolute. It depends on whether the demands of the governing authorities require us to disobey Jesus. If they do, we will not be subject at that point but will say with Peter, "We must obey God rather than men." We will honor God above the state.

But if the demands of the state do not require us to disobey Jesus (as with speed limits, stop signs, income taxes, curfews, building codes, fishing licenses, and many other laws), we will be subject for the Lord's sake (1 Peter 2:13). And it is very important to stress that, just as we may have to disobey the civil authorities for Christ's sake, so all our obedience should be for his sake as well. We never have two masters. All our submission to man is not only limited by the lordship of Christ; it is also an expression of our yieldedness to that lordship. Every time we say yes to any law, it should be a yes to Jesus.

edit on 26-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what you say, all of the "Christians" will deny, deny, deny. I have met a lot, and I mean A LOT of self proclaimed "Christians", but I have never met an actual one.

Look at this site for a prime example, so many people claiming to be "Christian", then turn around and advocate for war, or letting poor people die because they simply cannot afford food or health coverage.

To be honest, "Christians" are a truly disgusting breed of human beings

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Oh man, I hope hope hope that you have NOT yet read this thread, because if not, you are in for one hell of a treat - this is BY FAR, one of ATS's best threads ever - prepare to have your mind=blown...

All Roads Lead to Rome

WoW! Thanks for putting that long ago post out there! I hadn't seen it before and it is fantastic!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Every conspiracy known to Man is in that thread.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I found this fascinating book on the Christian religion was created by a particular Roman family in response to Judean uprisings and the hope to get the people to willingly submit to Roman authority.

According to the author, the Roman Flavian family invented Christianity as a way to control the masses. After putting down the Judean uprisings, the Romans looked for a cheaper way to control the masses by replacing the old religion with a new religion.

The author claims Christianity was fabricated from previous religions. A composite of all the previous sun and salvation gods. The religion was engineered to get the minds of the conquered people to submit to Roman authority by creating a religious authority. The purpose of Christianity was to convert the Jews to a new religion one that would bring them under the wings of Roman rule willingly.

For example, here are some passages from the Bible designed to get the Jews to submit to Roman authority:

Romans 13
Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Philippians 2:10 (New International Version)
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth

Romans 14:11 (New International Version)
It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'”

The religion is designed so people with accept the authority of the government without question. This is why Christians do not protest all the killing that occurs in war. Because criticizing the killing done by the state would be the same thing as criticizing God even though it is supposedly immoral to kill other people.

Online Version of the Book

Ever heard the "theory" that what made Jesus story unique:

" A guy running around preforming miracles for free"

Was not the miracles part .. it was the free part...

Faith healers were a dime a dozen and every other day they would hear about some miracle that happened 2 towns over..

But they all charged for their services.

Then here comes some knucklehead (from the pov of the Jewish church and faith healers) giving it away for free!!!

No surprise there was blowback.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It was the All Roads lead to Rome why I came to this site .That thread has a ton of data .

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You beat me to it - one of ATS best -

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

"Jesus" didn't say anything in the bible, the dudes who wrote it decades later made up some crap rhey think he might have said.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The author claims Christianity was fabricated from previous religions.

Oh goody goody an author that prescribes to a thankless and completely
selfish way of life. Hooray!

Scholars!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

It was the All Roads lead to Rome why I came to this site .That thread has a ton of data .

Same here !!

I logged 10 pages of posts in that thing !

It was the very early "Me".

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Plenty of evidence here as to the Paulian agenda

The False Apostle

www.judaismvschristianity.com...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Wow! what a read. I loved that thread thanks for sharing. Shame the poster didn't stick around long and shame posts today aren't as clever and well thought out. Was like reading a novel particularly the bit about Julius Caesar not dying!
edit Just finshed the whole thread. That's some scary stuff. Oh how we've been duped.Fascinating
edit on 26-5-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: seeker1963

Every conspiracy known to Man is in that thread.

Yes it is fantastic.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
Doesn't matter what you say, all of the "Christians" will deny, deny, deny. I have met a lot, and I mean A LOT of self proclaimed "Christians", but I have never met an actual one.

Look at this site for a prime example, so many people claiming to be "Christian", then turn around and advocate for war, or letting poor people die because they simply cannot afford food or health coverage.

To be honest, "Christians" are a truly disgusting breed of human beings

Anyone who thinks someone is a "truly disgusting breed of human being" based only on their religious beliefs is disgusting.

edit on 2017-05-26T21:18:39-05:002201726America/Chicago5 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join