It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists, how do you explain this?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

Without specifics your point is just meaningless. The jaw or what, when.. Who said it, etc.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove
How is it that evolutionist "scientists" look at a single jawbone or a thigh bone of some extinct animal and then somehow just "know" what the rest of the animal looked like?

Most images we have of extinct animals are artist renderings, based on one jawbone or thighbone!

Anybody can see that evolutionists operate not on evidence but on imagination and assumptions. If you feel otherwise please explain.

From those that create threads like this generally have in the back of their minds that the world was created in a few thousand years. This is what stops generally the understanding that life on this planet has gone through so many changes and evolutionary steps it would leave the mind totally mashed from the various steps this world has seen.

Anyway to answer your question. They look at other similar creatures that have been found more "complete" and considering we are all made up of similar DNA and building blocks of life, the rest can be pretty accurately guessed. Evolution did occur, it is still occurring now. Already:

Scientists think that there may be roughly 10 million species on Earth, but only about 2 million species have been identified and named. Each year, scientists add the names of thousands of new species to taxonomic lists that catalog the diversity of life.
link

With this in mind, to think there is 10 million species on earth. Some of these species are that of the same type, some form or bug or insect. These are all VERY similar, yet different in some other way. If that is not enough proof of evolution in this world, then I think I would be banging my head against a brick wall to continue explaining.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Toolman18
If evolution is fact, there would be zero chance of anything ever evolving. The first life form would have absolutely no motivation to evolve. Nothing stands above the top of the totem pole which is where that life form would be because it's the only life form.
Go to school.

Go to church.

Ha ha. Couldn't resist.

I will say I'm sadden by this "fire starter" who starts a conversation by mocking non believers. I'm not sure we get too far in understanding anything other than understanding an individuals threshold for patients.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

So big mouth, Silence of the Lambs? Dissolve into the ether? Think you can disappear? Think again.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

For you too. No answer is an answer. Get it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-5-2017 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

This not what Scientists do neighbour. Oh and evolutionist is not a real thing, evolution is a theory in science. Just like gravity, thermodynamics, the SN1 and SN2 mechanisms. Do you refer to "gravitationalists" or "Thermodynamicists?" Just curious.

When you understand how science works. Get back to me

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
www.sciencefocus.com...

When faced with new fossils today, palaeontologists have a much bigger body of knowledge to draw upon when creating reconstructions. In fact, our knowledge has increased to the degree that – somewhat miraculously – we can tell the colours of the dinosaur feathers of a range of species.

All dinosaur reconstructions begin with their fossilised bones. If palaeontologists are lucky enough to have found a fairly complete skeleton, they can arrange these bones into the appropriate order – based on how the bones of birds, crocodiles and even people are arranged – and start to get a sense of the shape of the creature.

Complete dinosaur skeletons are, however, very rare. The majority of fossil specimens have bones missing, and a great number of species are only known from a fraction of the original skeleton. In these cases, the bones of different specimens can be compared to fill in the gaps, and if there are parts of the skeletons that are still unaccounted for, experts will often look to related species of dinosaur for help with the reconstruction.

Detailed knowledge of the anatomy of a range of modern species (a field known as comparative anatomy) is helpful here, and many dinosaur experts are excellent anatomists. To those in the know, small details of the shape of bones can reveal a great deal of information about the animal they came from. For example, dinosaurs and birds (which are a kind of theropod dinosaur) are unique in having a hole in their pelvis called a ‘perforated acetabulum’ into which the top of the thigh bone (femur) fits on each side. This is a unique trait of dinosaurs, allowing them to stand erect with their legs underneath their bodies, rather than sprawling out to the sides as in other reptiles. The dinosaur hip also allows experts to identify between the two major branches of the dinosaur family – ornithischians and saurischians.

~~~

So there's your answer.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

This not what Scientists do neighbour. Oh and evolutionist is not a real thing, evolution is a theory in science. Just like gravity, thermodynamics, the SN1 and SN2 mechanisms. Do you refer to "gravitationalists" or "Thermodynamicists?" Just curious.

When you understand how science works. Get back to me

Good luck with that! As per usual, the dissolve into the ether only to return under a different name. The usual suspects methinks!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I present to thee my updated - and upgraded - compilation of debate re-runs that have graced the ATS forums (complete with an appropriately amusing gif image - thanks "SolAquarius"!). Since it seems so many people have missed these classics, and are reluctant to make good use of the search engine provided free of charge (hint, hint) i figured i would throw together an extensive string of examples for reference purposes and even spent a little time making it look cool. If i missed any good ones, let me know so i can update the list. Made for those interested in "frequently asked questions". Legwork is the heart of research well done so dont be shy folks, and feel free to share if you know someone who needs it..

Creationism vs Evolution debates(ad nauseam)

1. Evolution is so illogical it has to be a conspiracy

2. Evolutionist I can prove to you that what you believe (evolution) is based on illogical reasoning

3. Proof that evolution is the only answer

4. Modern proof of evolution

5. If evolution is wrong then what's the alternative?

6. Top Ten Scientific Facts : Evolution is False and Impossible

7. Watching Evolution in Action

8. Evolution is a farce: Evidence

9. Prove Evolution Is False - Even Without the Bible

10. A challenge for evolution deniers: Explain why changes do not continue to add up over time

11. The Primary Axiom or Evolution is just a lie and should be replaced by Intelligent Design

12. Is There Evidence for Evolution? Show it to us.

13. Creation v Evolution argument can end

14. If evolution happened, where are ALL the transitional fossils?

15. 10 popular fallacies and misconceptions about evolution

16. 100 Reasons Why Evolution is Stupid is Stupid

17. Human Evolution (with pictures!)

18. 10 Ways Darwin got it wrong - The Conspiracy of Evolution

19. An evolutionary dilemma!!!!

20. I don't understand evolution.

21. Creationists: Have you ever read a book about Evolution?

22. Evolution is boring, What does it mean to you ?

23. How accurate is the Theory of Evolution?

24. No Such Thing As Evolution

25. Fundamental concepts of evolution explained.

26. why I hate evolution..

27. Evolution backed up by Hoaxes and Desperate Lies

28. Problems I have with evolution...

29. Genetics, Evolution and the Creationist Conspiracy

30. Evolution - defies accepted science

31. Evolutionists, how do you explain this?

32. Evolution, It's only a theory

33. Evolution is Science, Creationists Delusional

34. What is the evidence for evolution?

35. The Evolution Delusion: conspiracy ?

36. An easy way to understand evolution...

37. evolution: The greatest conspiracy

38. 10 Ways Darwin got it wrong

39. Intelligent Design Is Just As Valid A Theory As Evolutionism

40. Intelligent design theory, PROVEN

edit on 29-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

And yet, despite all those threads, the nay sayers cannot provide a single shred of evidence. Funny, that...
edit on 30-5-2017 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth
No one ever starts an atheist and the scientific evidence leads to Christianity...

This statement is contradictory. If no one ever starts as an atheist then that means they started religious and were led to atheism.

No modern scientist who has swapped to Christianity.. you have had a couple have a "spiritual" outside the lab experience and become Christians.. but you have never had some scientific experiment lead a scientist to believing in Christianity..

Ah gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

This is great!! To say it's self explanatory would be the understatement of the century. Thanks for taking the time.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

This is great!! To say it's self explanatory would be the understatement of the century. Thanks for taking the time.

feel free to use it for your own purposes. i know you are in the habit of collecting such materials for convenience.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Phantom423

feel free to use it for your own purposes. i know you are in the habit of collecting such materials for convenience.

Good idea. I'll post the info in the ATS Library as a sticky!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Cool

You just made a nice list of threads questioning evolution

That doesn't prove evolution in any way, or even address the op

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Cool

You just made a nice list of threads questioning evolution

That doesn't prove evolution in any way, or even address the op

Did you ever post to any USENET newsgroups under the name of "Doug Gilliland"? Because, I swear, your arguments and trolls are so near to his. I mean, really. There's nothing new here at all. What is your actual point? Just get to it once and for all and stop beating around the bush because AC/DC you're not.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

Millions of people question evolution.

Do you really think they're all me???

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

a reply to: 4003fireglo

Millions of people question evolution.

Do you really think they're all me???

There's no doubt about that. They all (both sides) sound alike, but you sound like this one particular person. Was just checking. By all means, continue. Maybe you'll all do your shopping at the last mall.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join