It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Niece is Watching 'Switched at birth"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hello all. Sooo... My niece is watching Switched at Birth and I've heard some very racially charged rhetoric that I completely disagree with. I don't know ANYTHING of the show but the 2 statements I've heard in passing from the episode about media bias. Quite honestly it feels like they are indoctrinating my niece into the SJW cult. I don't like it.

I guess I want to ask before jumping in and skimming through the show. Is this what I should expect or was this a token episode for sjw's?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Haven't seen the show, but bias is apparent in a lot of television shows. The best course of action is to have her see it and teach her the opposing point of view as well, if only to plant a seed. Don't tell her it's wrong because that won't do any good. Let her make up her own mind, as long as she's educated.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Tell her that for every episode she watches...she must listen to 3 hrs. of Rush Limbaugh.
That should balance her out.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Oh god, I am not trying to raise an (insert expletive). lol. She's a really good kid. She's mixed, American of European decent and half African. I am not entirely sure if she is half African or of mixed black descent. She has some issues with race. I am not entirely sure where she gets it from. Her father sees her a few times a year and she spend all that time with his family too. She is nervous about it. Half of her friends non white. My family is mixed but she never sees the non white side. Nothing intentional, family just lives in different areas. I want her to be happy to be mixed and enjoy all of her heritage. It's just a shame she's got crap like which I heard on TV to watch.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Phew and this is why I am looking into it. Thank you. Not bad!!!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

just teach your niece to think for her self and she will be fine.

But the last thing you should do is get angry with her if she chooses to believe or live her life in a different way than you do. Doing that is the fastest way to lose her.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

"She has some issues with race."

Teach her that melanin turns the human skin black to protect against skin cancer so black skinned people have super sun block built in. However the same black skinned people do poorly in colder climates as they don't recieve enough sunlight to produce sufficient levels of vitamin D.

Anything else is racism caused by old code passed through DNA to promote tribalism to increase our chance for survival when we were climbing tree's.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Which one?

I prefer the Political version where in a perfect reality we find out that the crappy poliiticians were switched with alien hybrids. The only other I can recall seeing was several years ago in which both families ended up millionaires due to the incompetent vile nurse who intentionally switched them.
edit on 25-5-2017 by RisenMessiah because: I switched

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

The focus is always on the positives.

top topics

join