It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Warn Trump Against Pre-emptive Attack on North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Worried over what they described as President Trump’s erratic response to North Korea’s behavior, 64 Democratic legislators urged him on Tuesday to talk directly to the North Koreans — and warned that he would need congressional approval for any pre-emptive military strike.

“Few decisions are more needing of debate than a move to launch attacks, or declare war, on a nuclear-armed state such as North Korea,” read a letter signed by the lawmakers, led by Representative John Conyers Jr. of Michigan, the last Democrat in Congress to have served in the 1950-53 Korean War. “In such a volatile region, an inconsistent or unpredictable policy runs the risk of unimaginable conflict.”

The letter was sent against the backdrop of divergent signals from the Trump administration in recent weeks regarding North Korea’s nuclear and missile tests and its increasingly strident threats to use the “nuclear sword of justice” against the United States.

www.nytimes.com...

While the Democrats are hypocritical since they help invaded Libya and Syria without Congressional approval, I do have to agree that Trump shouldn't be attacking North Korea.

Personally, I think invading North Korea will be a nightmare because then the occupying forces will have to deal with an insurgency due to the North Korean people being brainwashed by their elite into fighting the US until the bitter end.

Anyone who wants war in North Korea should send their sons and daughters there.

Mods please delete if this was posted already.
edit on 5/23/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Democrats support anything opposite of a rational decision. North Korea tyrants must be destroyed at all costs. I will happily send my sons if I could because I believe in the duty to serve my country. I would be willing to go myself to destroy the enemy, even death guaranteed would not keep me from volunteering.

So yeah. What else ya got.
edit on 23-5-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

So your saying we should invade North Korea? Because if body bags started coming home, people are really going to go against Trump because didn't Trump promise no more overseas wars?

Believe me, North Korea will be Iraq 2.0 and Americans do not another repeat of Iraq.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Democrats support anything opposite of a rational decision. North Korea tyrants must be destroyed at all costs. I will happily send my sons if I could because I believe in the duty to serve my country. I would be willing to go myself to destroy the enemy, even death guaranteed would not keep me from volunteering.

This is the height of irrationality. Why would you think pissing off a nation with nuclear weapons is a good idea is beyond me. There is no way any of that could end well even IF the world isn't consumed in nuclear holocaust.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

So your saying we should invade North Korea? Because if body bags started coming home, people are really going to go against Trump because didn't Trump promise no more overseas wars?

People will die whether we do something or not. North Korea has a maniac with nukes and you leave him to his own devices, people will die regardless. Where did Trump promise no more overseas wars? Even if he did, this one is out of necessity

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is the height of irrationality. Why would you think pissing off a nation with nuclear weapons is a good idea is beyond me. There is no way any of that could end well even IF the world isn't consumed in nuclear holocaust.

Because Kim is going to use those nukes regardless if we piss off North Korea or not.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

And what of all the innocent people living there/near there?

If their lives don't matter, why should yours?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

And what of all the innocent people living there/near there?

If their lives don't matter, why should yours?

My life doesn't matter. I never said it did. Innocent people will die guaranteed. Its war. Duh. When was there ever a war or battle without civilian casualties?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Good luck with invading North Korea, not only you have to deal with North Korean insurgents, you also have deal with sleeper agents and North Korea Sympathizers within South Korea.

I'm pretty sure North Korea have sleeper agents placed all throughout South Korea and will activate when war broke out.

Also these sympathizers will be passing intel on US troop movements thus making it harder occupy North Korea.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Because Kim is going to use those nukes regardless if we piss off North Korea or not.

You don't know that. You are just making up excuses to sate your warhawkishness. You should go fight that war, not our children.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Good luck with invading North Korea, not only you have to deal with North Koreans insurgents, you also have deal with sleeper agents and North Korea Sympathizers within South Korea.

I'm pretty sure North Korea have sleeper agents placed all throughout South Korea and will activate when war broke out.

Also these sympathizers will be passing intel on US troop movements.

It is already being planned as the worst of the worst series of battles to come. Like it or not that day of reckoning is coming. Ex strategic planners estimate casualties to be in the hundreds of thousands within the opening 24 hours of an attack from either side.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You don't know that. You are just making up excuses to sate your warhawkishness. You should go fight that war, not our children.

If you say so. Kim is a certified psychopath with all the classical traits associated with it. You can choose to believe otherwise if you want, you are only blinding yourself from the inevitable. I have fought in wars thank you very much and would love to do it again.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

If you say so. Kim is a certified psychopath with all the classical traits associated with it. You can choose to believe otherwise if you want, you are only blinding yourself from the inevitable. I have fought in wars thank you very much and would love to do it again.

Well right now, you, are the one drooling over murder, so maybe it's a matter of perspective?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

How many times have the NKoreans attacked in the past? Once in the 50's and it technically wasn't North Korea then. It was just Korea and the US was butting its nose into foreign affairs.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Well right now, you, are the one drooling over murder, so maybe it's a matter of perspective?

No because the army I enlisted into is in the business of war. My job in the military is secondary. My perspective is in cause and effect also the historical record of this current matter which has been far from stellar in regards to NK.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

How many times have the NKoreans attacked in the past? Once in the 50's and it technically wasn't North Korea then. It was just Korea and the US was butting its nose into foreign affairs.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sorry could you repeat that again. Look at the link I posted and ignore the South Korean initiated incidents.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You know if Trump strikes first, he is only going to martyr Kim Right?

Making Kim a martyr will only strengthen the inevitable North Korean insurgency.

Also do US military planner have plans on how to deal with Fifth Columnists? They will be making the most damage by supporting the insurgency.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

North Korea has a maniac with nukes and you leave him to his own devices, people will die regardless.

there are numerous other maniacs with nukes

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
*shrugs* no surprise... a republican is leaning that way and now the democrats are back to against it before the were for it, but after they were against it.

Also it shows a stunning lack of knowledge by the democratic party members.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

now the democrats are back to against it before the were for it, but after they were against it

when were the democrats for it

and when did they switch to against it

edit on 2352017 by Catalina22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join