It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prof proves 100-yr-old medical test cures infertility his mom says:That's how you were born!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

When the mother of Professor Ben Mol told him that a 100-year-old medical technique had cured her infertility, leading to his birth, the scientist was naturally curious.

Since 1917 doctors have performed a technique in which they inject a special dye into women’s tubes which can be picked up on X-rays, to help diagnose fertility problems.

In a test of more than 1,000 infertile women Prof Mol showed that flushing the fallopian tubes through with poppy seed oil allowed 40 per cent to become pregnant naturally within six months.

"Our results have been even more exciting than we could have predicted, helping to confirm that an age-old medical technique still has an important place in modern medicine," said Prof Mol.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

An old diagnostic test that injected a dye (poppy seed oil) into a women's Fallopian tube early in the 20th century is now a subject of interest.

There are now tests being done with the injection. 1000 infertile women women had their Fallopian tubes injected with the oil and 40% got preggy in 6 months.

This is exciting for women who can't get preggy can do this in place of the VERY expensive artificial insemination.
edit on 22-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Pretty interesting. I wonder if there is anyone who actually investigated the science behind how it works. I am sure that Pharma won't be funding something like that that they can't patent.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

This will be vilified if it works.

All those beautiful buildings that hold infertility Dr's who feed on the poor women (men) who can't get preggy could very well loose huge $$$$$ if this becomes a "thing".

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What if the eggs get stuck in the tubes and makes a blockage. And when we flush it with dye...presto. tubes clean.

Hope they can figure this one out.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

I also wonder what the oil does to the egg moving from the ovaries to the uterus?

Actually I guess I don't care as long as it works. I am afraid the medical (ama-fda) will have to study this one-holding up progress from 100 years ago. I would imagine there will be no big push from fertility Dr's.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
100 years ago people were still dropping silver full or half dollars into water overnight and letting the silver fall off the coin/object into the water and then drinking it after 1 or 2 days. This was the original Colloidal Silver cocktail.

I love old knowledge.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This will be vilified if it works.

All those beautiful buildings that hold infertility Dr's who feed on the poor women (men) who can't get preggy could very well loose huge $$$$$ if this becomes a "thing".

originally posted by: rickymouse
Pretty interesting. I wonder if there is anyone who actually investigated the science behind how it works. I am sure that Pharma won't be funding something like that that they can't patent.

This technique has been used by 'Big Pharma' in the UK for decades and it costs around £700 which is something most couples can afford to pay.

In the original study 1119 women were injected with either the oil dye or water dye. 39% of those injected with oil got pregnant naturally afterwards, compared with 28% of those who got the water.

The doctors still haven't found out why the oil seems to be more effective, but the simplest explanation is that oil is better than water at dissolving mucus or debris blocking the tubes. However, I wouldn't discard a specific component of poppy seed oil having some kind of beneficial interaction with the tubes inner lining (for example).

An obstetrician that works with me believes most women struggling to get pregnant should have this procedure before getting in debt to get IVF. Unfortunately not all couples would benefit: if the woman is not ovulating or if the man has low or poor quality sperm then this technique wouldn't help at all.

But great thread,it's good to get this kind of info out there as many don't know what kind of incredible procedures some (big pharma) clinics offer.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Well, that sounds like a reasonable amount to pay, after all, it does increase the chance for some people and I am sure there are costs associated with any procedure that is done. But, you can buy the oil online for less than thirty bucks and I am sure you would have to buy or retrofit something to use it and do some research on exactly what to do. I do not know if that thirty buck stuff is pure though. That is always a problem.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well, that sounds like a reasonable amount to pay, after all, it does increase the chance for some people and I am sure there are costs associated with any procedure that is done. But, you can buy the oil online for less than thirty bucks and I am sure you would have to buy or retrofit something to use it and do some research on exactly what to do. I do not know if that thirty buck stuff is pure though. That is always a problem.

I sincerely hope nobody will try to flush their fallopian tubes at home! It may sound simple but hysterosalpingography is actually a complicated procedure which has to be done carefully whilst observed carefully with xray.

Buying good oil is not the problem, inserting a tube through somebody's cervix (via their vagina) can actually seriously harm them!!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

A: No doubt BIG PHARMA will suppress this because the GREEDY PIGS can't make $$$ off of it!

B: Actually, it's been available in the UK for decades at a reasonable price.

This website never fails to deliver

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

I sincerely hope nobody will try to flush their fallopian tubes at home! It may sound simple but hysterosalpingography is actually a complicated procedure which has to be done carefully whilst observed carefully with xray.

Buying good oil is not the problem, inserting a tube through somebody's cervix (via their vagina) can actually seriously harm them!!

I knew nothing a bout that, I thought you just used one of those douch things that they sell in pharmacies for women.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Why are pharmacies still selling vaginal douches??? They have been proven to increase cancer rates in women.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Why are pharmacies still selling vaginal douches??? They have been proven to increase cancer rates in women.

For all I know they may not anymore, I have not even checked in over twenty years now. I used to see them but really do not go in those isles anymore.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
sliper little suckers .
Of corse its works oil = slippery take round egg and slippery oil presto chango
This explanes the poplation explosion in teh last 70 years its about tehn they invented protorlium gelly

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
A: No doubt BIG PHARMA will suppress this because the GREEDY PIGS can't make $$$ off of it!

hahaha I don't think people believe in the 'big bad pharma myth' in the UK.

I knew nothing a bout that, I thought you just used one of those douch things that they sell in pharmacies for women.

You didn't read the study then.....
I really hope female douches are now illegal in the US as they are dangerous! They also don't reach the fallopian tubes which is the topic of the OP.

originally posted by: midnightstar
sliper little suckers .
Of corse its works oil = slippery take round egg and slippery oil presto chango
This explanes the poplation explosion in teh last 70 years its about tehn they invented protorlium gelly

Yeah? How do you reach the Fallopian tubes? I'm dying to hear your reply..........

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

hahaha I don't think people believe in the 'big bad pharma myth' in the UK.

I think socialized healthcare has a large role in that. It's hard to sell the "evil money grabbing charlatans" narrative when you can pop down your GP for free whenever you need to and get pretty much any prescription medicine you need for £8. That and the whole "I don't have to file for bankruptcy just because I need treatment for this long term, life threatening illness" thing.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I think socialized healthcare has a large role in that. It's hard to sell the "evil money grabbing charlatans" narrative when you can pop down your GP for free whenever you need to and get pretty much any prescription medicine you need for £8. That and the whole "I don't have to file for bankruptcy just because I need treatment for this long term, life threatening illness" thing.

Absolutely! Socialized healthcare is priceless! Imagine the Manchester tragedy the other day in a country where healthcare is private.... or imagine it without the NHS!

top topics

join