It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Cornell has passed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

That is interesting. I don't know if it was posted before but it was posted today. Given the fact that it talks of events that happened when Kurt was alive that is indeed odd.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

That's exactly the type of post I'm questioning here. It seems so fake. Like one of those eulogies people give about someone everyone didn't really care for but we all say he was such a great guy (blatant lies out of tradition).

I see it as people who loved his music. We didn't have to know him personally to appreciate his talent. If he were a poor man singing in the streets, I would still find him talented, appreciate his works and be saddened if he died. Nothing fake there.

You don't have to be rich and famous for people to care about you. I don't care what anyone does for a living as long as it is an honest living. Famous people will get more attention, because more people worldwide know of them. That's it in a nutshell.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Maybe it is a weird tradition or whatever. Maybe i dont care about cornell on a personal level.

But i liked his music.

And thats enough for me.

Am i crying physical tears? No. Am i bothered by it? Yes.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I actually saw Soundgarden a few weeks ago at Fort Rock in Florida. I came to Fl to see Soundgarden, period. Guys.. This one hurts for me... Badly..

Chris's music was part of my daily life for years - you could call me a superfan and there wasn't another band or singer that came close.. In all honesty, my tally of time listening to Soundgarden, Audioslave, ToTD, etc. must span into literal months of time spent. (I can recount many 8+ hour anthology sessions which at a minimum puts me at weeks of listening time.)

I recorded the whole Soundgarden show on my GoPro but now cannot bring myself to go through the footage..

Even now it is hard to fathom, and I'm gutted.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
See ya later buddy !

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Night Star
Loved seeing all the vids in here, but so very sad that such a talented man who brought so much joy to others has passed away. Riches and fame are no guarantee for happiness. Depression is a horrible thing and for some can result in tragic endings.

That's exactly the type of post I'm questioning here. It seems so fake. Like one of those eulogies people give about someone everyone didn't really care for but we all say he was such a great guy (blatant lies out of tradition).

It's not very sad at all. Everyone dies. If it was your mom or dad or your husband or your children or a super close friend, I could understand how it's very sad for YOU personally. That I get.

But this was just a guy that sold art in media, none of the people here knew him.

And to say he "brought joy" into people's lives, that's maybe like 10% true. Most of his music was sad stuff or just jamming out. None of it was exactly "happy joy music", except a few particular songs which were rare for him.

And you claim riches and fame are no guarantee for happiness, and I agree, but please inform me why it's the only thing that matters in life? Clearly people care more about riches and fame than ANYTHING ELSE.

If I was suddenly rich and famous, everyone would treat me differently. Every single person would change the way they look at me and talk to me and act towards me. The only exception is my children. They would be the only ones who would still just treat me like "Dad". My own twin brother would change his tune overnight. Right now, since I'm not rich and famous, no one believes in me and I'm on my own in the great struggle with no support.

Having tons of money sure makes life a lot easier. You don't have to go wait on tables or wash dishes or break rocks or clean toilets all day and night just to scrape by and still be in debt and keep falling behind anyways. It's a huge paradigm change to have your face in toilets all night to be laying on the beach with people catering to you and waiting on you every minute.

Depression is a horrible thing for celebrities only apparently, because I don't see many people around me really caring about each other although I do see that most of them are depressed to varying degrees. I ask people about it and they confirm it but they are so lost and underdeveloped that they simply cannot handle the sophisticated challenges of these types of problems - and yes it's almost ALWAYS MONEY that is the cause of depression in most people.

Money solves everything, even love. Although you can't buy love from a specific person, it's pretty certain that a handful of someone's will love you and your money. Might not be the one you wanted but it's still love nonetheless.

This whole world operates on money money money every day, that's all anyone actually cares about no matter how much they try to say they don't. It changes everything. People will change their tunes overnight once you land your 50 million $ lottery win. That's a guarantee.

I agree it doesn't guarantee happiness, but it sure makes happiness way easier to achieve for anyone truly serious about attaining a lasting happiness in this screwed up materialistic world.

May not have been "happy" music but it helped them cope. I don't listen happy music, but I enjoy it and am inspired by it when I play music.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
IMO a memorial doesn't always have to be grieving.

Then there's a message in the Subtle signs:

Chris added these words into the song Slaves And Bulldozers during his final song: 'In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn. All I want for you to do is take my body home. Well, well, well, so I can die easy.'
Source
If he wanted it, would be fair to give it but people will still wonder why.

Also, suicide prevention should be advocated as it is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: JinMI

Kind of weird, to me, that this article was published yesterday.
www.alternativenation.net...
An ex soundgarden member (not Cornell)comments on almost joining Nirvana, but identifying it as a "scam", and so declined the offer. From what I understand, I haven't read it all.

But it was definitely written and posted before Cornell's death, right?

Yes it was written before and not about him in particular. The original interview(linked on top of the short article) was May 4th.

For more info I suggest looking into The Hype Movie to see what was going on with the whole thing then.
edit on 19-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Great thread awesome band, Sad he left this way though.

rest in peace ..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

AudioSlave was amazing. I am sad. Here is his song about death.

Seems he is not himself here!
Sad
edit on 19-5-2017 by NwoDedispU because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2017 by NwoDedispU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Damn man, Kurt gone, Layne gone, Scott gone, Chris gone.

Very sad. Rest in peace brothers.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

If he was actually drinking, that's going to be profoundly sad because he battled alcohol his whole life.

I don't get that. Battled. How you battle something that makes you feel like crap? I enjoy drugs that make you feel good. Like caffeine in the morning when you feel sluggish. Alcohol makes you feel sluggish.

It's the worst drug in the world.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeliocentricFantasy
Damn man, Kurt gone, Layne gone, Scott gone, Chris gone.

Very sad. Rest in peace brothers.

yeah..and we won't forget Lemmy, Peter Steele, Dio..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Haven't really slept since yesterday, sad news indeed. His music has and will always inspire me. You can now rest you great sir you.....

Let your voice be heard from the cosmos now

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I can't sympathize at all, to be honest.

Let's see here; he had tons of money, he could visit anywhere in the world he wanted, tens of thousands of beautiful women wanted him, everyone wants to be his friend, his art is appreciated by millions, he could have any car or home he wanted, he was incredibly famous, he had access to all the mental health help imaginable, people catered to him if he desired, he gets to be legendary, never goes hungry, etc etc etc. He wasn't facing any serious criminal charges, no one seemed to be suing him for everything, he could go become or do virtually anything he wanted to anywhere in the world.

If he committed suicide than he surely was a huge idiot. It's like he was unable to control his selfishness.
I cannot sympathize at all with him, if that's true that it was suicide.
He had everything. There's no reason to be depressed.

Now if it was murder or accidental drug overdose, well I can sympathize then.

But celebrities who own the world committing suicide?
It is contemptuous.

I find it suspicious that the coroner report was cause of death was by hanging, but a friend found him lying on a bathroom floor unresponsive?

It is possible that the rope/belt/whatever broke or slipped after he died. Depending on the knots that were used, the one around his neck may have tightened enough to cause strangulation and then the other slipped loose, especially if he had spontaneous movements as or after he lost consciousness.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
One of the greatest, not much needs to be said. R.I.P.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Johnny Cash - Rusty Cage

I love this version...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
His family is disputing the said suicide:

The family said in a statement that without toxicology tests completed, they can't be sure what led to his death, or if any substances were involved. According to lawyer Kirk Pasich, Cornell had a prescription for the anti-anxiety drug Ativan, which he said has various side effects.

Wife says he took "an extra Ativan or two" and was slurring his speech.

Source
edit on 19-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

What ever happened it's just sad. We can't change one second of the past. Chris is now riding the waves of time and I hope he found peace.

Life is loving what you do and his music was from his inner self. IMO he loved writing and singing.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Audioslave - Loud Love (Sessions @ AOL Music)

Ann Wilson - Black Hole Sun (Jimmy Kimmel)

No one sings like you anymore...

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join