It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Cornell has passed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Heard that Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Audioslave has passed. After a show in Detroit, he was 52.

Source Inc.

Very sad. One of my favorites too.

ETA: www.theguardian.com...

Representative for singer, who helped take the grunge sound of the 1990s into the mainstream, said his death was sudden and unexpected

You'll be missed Chris.

edit on 18-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Heard that Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Audioslave has passed. After a show in Detroit, he was 52.

Source Inc.

Very sad. One of my favorites too.

Yeah, 52 seems young.
I haven't seen any reference to what caused his death in any reports yet.

Coast to Coast just played Black Hole Sun as a bumper after I posted.
edit on b000000312017-05-18T03:30:05-05:0003America/ChicagoThu, 18 May 2017 03:30:05 -0500300000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

One of my favorites as well. I was in Florida (around 90?) when I first heard his voice and loved it ever since.
Fighting some serious addictions one's life must take its toll on a body.
Perhaps he and Andrew are roommates once again

edit on 18-5-2017 by TNMockingbird because: Star Dog Champion Reference

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Ahhh. #.

He was quite an inspiration for me as a musician. RIP Chris

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Indeed.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Love that pic of them!
Hey, hope this is okay...it'll wake ya up!

It's gonna be too dark To sleep again
Cutting my teeth on bars And rusty chains,
I'm gonna break my Rusty cage and run
When the forest burns
Along the road Like God's eyes In my headlights
When the dogs are looking For their bones
And it's raining icepicks
On your steel shawl

edit on 18-5-2017 by TNMockingbird because: lyrics

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
do yourselves a favor and listen to this album. always loved it far more than the black hole sun bull#

cant believe hes gone

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Truly unexpected. Scott Weiland's death I saw coming from a mile away and it still hurt, but this one......wooo boy
AND he was one of my favorite frontmen.
All time favorite moment was when he used reverse psychology on a less than enthusiastic crowd. One of the first live videos I saw of him and the band playing one of my favorite songs.

edit on 18-5-2017 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

My favorite rocker. Damn. I should have known. I've been having tons of random little visual flashes of his face for two days straight. Same thing happened to me right before Prince died. This is so sad. I'm interested to know what the coroner says. They're all dying so young.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I thought I was dreaming this morning when my partner shouted upstairs that he was dead, absolutely gutted. And she's even lower, a serious fan girl.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

My favorite rocker. Damn. I should have known. I've been having tons of random little visual flashes of his face for two days straight. Same thing happened to me right before Prince died. This is so sad. I'm interested to know what the coroner says. They're all dying so young.

That is some strange and interesting sh#t. Has it happened before Prince?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Very sad.

One of my favorites too.

As Bird said. Addiction takes a toll.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon

originally posted by: tigertatzen

That is some strange and interesting sh#t. Has it happened before Prince?

Many times, yes. It even happened once to someone I was very close to.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Damn, now I see that some reports are saying the cause of death may have been suicide.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

How strange and fascinating. I had something similar happen to me before Michael Jackson's death and a few other times with various deaths. What do you think it could be? Really interested in all of this, even if I am a skeptical person.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon
Damn, now I see that some reports are saying the cause of death may have been suicide.

Well, if that's true then I was right about that too. That's just terrible. Such a beautiful person.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

You really never know what someone is going through. Hope the man rests in peace.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I literally screamed NOOO0! as I saw the news while cooking spaghetti Bolognese.

'Black hole sun' was one of the songs that got me into the rock/grunge scene and the cover of 'Rusty cage' was unique, and then there was Audioslave, 'Cochise' was so rock it nearly blew my eardrums.

Great voice but death comes in a trilogy-first Layne Staley now Chris Cornell-Someone should assign a bodyguard to Mike Patton pronto!

R.I.P Chris.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Here's another I've always loved.

The video mimicking scene from Vanishing Point with Cleavon Little is iconic. I always wanted to take off through the desert in a Challenger!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

We're all connected by a mass consciousness on this planet. Some people are more synchronized with it than others. It's simply an enhanced ability, like some people are just lucky enough to be insanely good at math. I think the vast majority of "psy" abilities are a result of tapping into that consciousness. It's not a conscious decision, so most people don't recognize what's happening. It's how people on opposite sides of the globe who've never met or spoken to one another get the same idea for an invention, things like that.

It happened to me with Michael Jackson too. Ditto James Gandolfini, Princess Diana, to name a few.

The most disturbing was a local business person who had an unusual last name. I had never met him, but got that last name stuck in my head out of nowhere one day, just the name. Two days later he was decapitated while test driving a Harley. Ran under the back end of a semi, right in front of his family. It was all over the news, or I probably wouldn't have known about it. That bothered me for a long while.

I didn't think anything was wrong this time though, because we were listening to music day before yesterday and I was trying to remember the name of an Audioslave song. So Chris popping into my mind didn't set off any alarms.

I almost choked on my coffee when I saw three different threads about his death. I read his photo and got a huge wave of despair and sadness and an image of him sitting at a desk in the dark with his head down in his hands. And the next thing I got was the word "suicide". A few minutes later, I saw your post. Synchronicity due to information being related through different points of our collective consciousness.

I hope it wasn't suicide, but I'm afraid it probably was. The images were very clear. Others were not as strong, like a bottle of what looks like possibly vodka with fingerprints smudging the glass by the bottle neck, an overflowing ashtray, a stack of folded paper. A window letting in filtered, dusky light. Those could be accurate or irrelevant artifact. It would be pretty hard to confirm them either way.

If he was actually drinking, that's going to be profoundly sad because he battled alcohol his whole life. His worst demon. Disturbing, too...just like Prince having a lifelong phobia of elevators and being found dead inside one. An awful lot of bright stars are going down, aren't they? Like dominoes. One after another.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join