It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Cornell has passed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Loved seeing all the vids in here, but so very sad that such a talented man who brought so much joy to others has passed away. Riches and fame are no guarantee for happiness. Depression is a horrible thing and for some can result in tragic endings.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I've been having my own memorial all day. I didn't even realize how much music of his I have on my ipod. I forgot I had Ultra Mega OK!

Audioslave - Sleep Now In The Fire (sessions@AOL Music)

edit on 18-5-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: I am the highway...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
According to the set list posted online by fans, Chris' last ever song was In My Time Of Dying, which contains the lyrics: "In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn / All I want for you to do is take my body home."

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Wow, that's wild! I didn't know that!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Says a suicide so his last song makes sense no?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Read somewhere that his last song was supposed to be something else but he changed it to that one

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon
a reply to: muzzleflash

Dude, do you even know what Depression even is? It's thought to most likely be a chemical imbalance, and chemicals don't give a sh#t if you're rich and living a privileged life.
I thought like you once, until depression got my ass. Now I understand. You and your opinion sound cold as hell.

That is such pharmaceutical mumbo jumbo garbage man.
Depression is a reaction and a thought process that is usually due to external stimuli, memory, values and judgments.
It's not some uncontrollable thing. This "it's a chemical imbalance" argument is completely unscientific and illogical.

If you have met all of your needs (Mazlow's hierarchy of needs as an example construct) than you can overcome depression by working through your emotional and mental problems. Yes an existential crisis is prone to resurface time and time again but if you don't have any physical problems (like rent, being crippled, lacking friends or family, etc) than it should theoretically be a straightforward process to resolve it at least temporarily.

No one said that life was going to be super easy. Everyday is a battle. But you gotta understand that guy's life was easier than most people around the world.

I personally don't believe that suicide is exceptionally selfish - I think it's a valid human right - though that's another debate entirely.

I think people's reaction to a celebrities death is completely insane however. I just had a supposed friend go on a rampage because I basically reacted the way I did in this thread, by thinking and questioning and wondering.

If you think I'm cold hearted you're wrong, and if you think that I don't know anything about depression than you're absolutely wrong. Give me millions of dollars and hundreds of hot women and fame and all this, then I'll tell you about depression. Gimme a break man.

The guy made a very stupid choice today, but it's his right so you know what? I support his free will and freedom to make that decision no matter how much I disagree with it. It's his life his choice. Why should I feel sad or grieve for that??

See what this boils down to is that:
1) People think they own other people.
2) The 'medical system' has distorted the truth about depression with a huge lie.
3) People idolize celebrities and do not treat them like normal human beings.
4) Everyone's priorities in life is all screwed up.
5) No one really agrees with freedom.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Loved seeing all the vids in here, but so very sad that such a talented man who brought so much joy to others has passed away. Riches and fame are no guarantee for happiness. Depression is a horrible thing and for some can result in tragic endings.

That's exactly the type of post I'm questioning here. It seems so fake. Like one of those eulogies people give about someone everyone didn't really care for but we all say he was such a great guy (blatant lies out of tradition).

It's not very sad at all. Everyone dies. If it was your mom or dad or your husband or your children or a super close friend, I could understand how it's very sad for YOU personally. That I get.

But this was just a guy that sold art in media, none of the people here knew him.

And to say he "brought joy" into people's lives, that's maybe like 10% true. Most of his music was sad stuff or just jamming out. None of it was exactly "happy joy music", except a few particular songs which were rare for him.

And you claim riches and fame are no guarantee for happiness, and I agree, but please inform me why it's the only thing that matters in life? Clearly people care more about riches and fame than ANYTHING ELSE.

If I was suddenly rich and famous, everyone would treat me differently. Every single person would change the way they look at me and talk to me and act towards me. The only exception is my children. They would be the only ones who would still just treat me like "Dad". My own twin brother would change his tune overnight. Right now, since I'm not rich and famous, no one believes in me and I'm on my own in the great struggle with no support.

Having tons of money sure makes life a lot easier. You don't have to go wait on tables or wash dishes or break rocks or clean toilets all day and night just to scrape by and still be in debt and keep falling behind anyways. It's a huge paradigm change to have your face in toilets all night to be laying on the beach with people catering to you and waiting on you every minute.

Depression is a horrible thing for celebrities only apparently, because I don't see many people around me really caring about each other although I do see that most of them are depressed to varying degrees. I ask people about it and they confirm it but they are so lost and underdeveloped that they simply cannot handle the sophisticated challenges of these types of problems - and yes it's almost ALWAYS MONEY that is the cause of depression in most people.

Money solves everything, even love. Although you can't buy love from a specific person, it's pretty certain that a handful of someone's will love you and your money. Might not be the one you wanted but it's still love nonetheless.

This whole world operates on money money money every day, that's all anyone actually cares about no matter how much they try to say they don't. It changes everything. People will change their tunes overnight once you land your 50 million $ lottery win. That's a guarantee.

I agree it doesn't guarantee happiness, but it sure makes happiness way easier to achieve for anyone truly serious about attaining a lasting happiness in this screwed up materialistic world.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: JinMI

I can't sympathize at all, to be honest.

Let's see here; he had tons of money, he could visit anywhere in the world he wanted, tens of thousands of beautiful women wanted him, everyone wants to be his friend, his art is appreciated by millions, he could have any car or home he wanted, he was incredibly famous, he had access to all the mental health help imaginable, people catered to him if he desired, he gets to be legendary, never goes hungry, etc etc etc. He wasn't facing any serious criminal charges, no one seemed to be suing him for everything, he could go become or do virtually anything he wanted to anywhere in the world.

If he committed suicide than he surely was a huge idiot. It's like he was unable to control his selfishness.
I cannot sympathize at all with him, if that's true that it was suicide.
He had everything. There's no reason to be depressed.

Now if it was murder or accidental drug overdose, well I can sympathize then.

But celebrities who own the world committing suicide?
It is contemptuous.

I find it suspicious that the coroner report was cause of death was by hanging, but a friend found him lying on a bathroom floor unresponsive?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

But this was just a guy that sold art in media, none of the people here knew him.

And to say he "brought joy" into people's lives, that's maybe like 10% true. Most of his music was sad stuff or just jamming out. None of it was exactly "happy joy music", except a few particular songs which were rare for him.

That is not a claim you can substantiate at all. Your opinion has been posted, we get it.

Would you kindly go spit your vomit somewhere else now? You are completely able to make your own thread.

The man is dead, he contributed his work to the world and as is shown in this very thread that it indeed touched peoples lives and pulled them out of sad and desperate times.

What have you done?
edit on 18-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
They Robin Williamsed/ him. There is def something fishy about this man's death.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

If it was murder I sympathize.
No one should be murdered.

He may have just tied something around his neck tightly to asphyxiate himself rather than the traditional hanging method. Suffocation does indeed work, you don't necessarily have to hang suspended in the air.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

That is not a claim you can substantiate at all. Your opinion has been posted, we get it.

Would you kindly go spit your vomit somewhere else now? You are completely able to make your own thread.

The man is dead, he contributed his work to the world and as is shown in this very thread that it indeed touched peoples lives and pulled them out of sad and desperate times.

What have you done?

This thread isn't about me.

You just proved my argument true though, and I was lamenting everyone else's "vomit" (lies).
I was telling the harsh truth.

I and you and probably most people here "contributed his work to the world and.....indeed touched peoples lives and pulled them out of sad and desperate times. "

My issue here is that when most of us die, we will be forgotten fairly quickly. It's that money fame and good fortune thing that makes all the difference.

Here's an interesting example: Deaths in 2017
The vast majority of them are sports athletes, musicians, politicians, or film stars. We prioritize our concepts of "importance" around entertainment and political power. There are exceptions in this list like a few "historians, philosophers, etc" but they were merely the "lucky ones" that got their works published and happened to be read more often than the other thousands of like minded people.

Most people contribute to our lives in huge ways. There are people who clean the toilets after we make a disgusting mess, or put up with our horrible attitudes when we order food, or who go and fix the sewer systems or build skyscrapers or answer phone calls from angry customers all day. There are soldiers who go and risk their lives for us, policemen, firefighters, EMT's. Most of these people are ignored and underappreciated. All the love and attention goes to entertainers primarily.

We've got it all wrong. We should be out appreciating and cherishing and thanking all of the people in our lives and giving them everything we can to help them feel better today for a better tomorrow. Think about that.
edit on 5/18/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
According to the set list posted online by fans, Chris' last ever song was In My Time Of Dying, which contains the lyrics: "In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn / All I want for you to do is take my body home."

So I'm the only one here fulfilling his wishes.

Isn't that IRONIC???
I bet his ghost would star my posts if it could.

His best song ever IMHO:

And that's all I'm doing, being myself.
Nothing fake, no feigned mourning or fake eulogies.
Just being me and questioning human practices/traditions that don't make sense.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

That's the most correct thing so far!

Then stop making it about you.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

That's the most correct thing so far!

Then stop making it about you.

I didn't, you tried though by asking what I did for the world.

It is about Chris Cornell's death and so I stayed on topic the entire time.
Don't let your emotions overrun your rational capacity for a reasonable debate.

I did expand the discussion to the general subjects of idolatry and fanaticism, human traditions and psychology, and perceived hypocrisy, materialism, the cult of personality and how it affects us, and shallowness. But all of this revolves around Cornell's death and how people are reacting to it (and to being questioned about it).

I'm just a messenger.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Whatever man. Think what and how you want, I'm not here to change anyone's opinions, I'm just here to express mine.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I'm not in this thread to debate. This thread is an announcement and celebration of the man described. Also, in the music forum.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I'm not in this thread to debate. This thread is an announcement and celebration of the man described. Also, in the music forum.

Than ignore my posts.

What if I celebrate and honor people's deaths by teaching others of their hypocrisy?
What if I believe that the ghosts of the dead really want me to do that?

It's all a matter of principle.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Kind of weird, to me, that this article was published yesterday.
www.alternativenation.net...
An ex soundgarden member (not Cornell)comments on almost joining Nirvana, but identifying it as a "scam", and so declined the offer. From what I understand, I haven't read it all.

But it was definitely written and posted before Cornell's death, right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join