It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdoğan's bodyguards in violent clash with protesters in Washington DC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Beat down or not, Trump will know exactly how popular he is in Europe. Let me give you all a hint, they don't have Fox News to delude themselves that he is the greatest thing since slice bread.

I've said this since the election, Trump is a legitimate public safety concern. He has no respect from leaders around the world and will only bring chaos with him. It's useless for him to show up to G7/NATO meetings. He'll only F things up for himself.

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

the secret service and trumps private bodyguards know how to put a beat down on protesters just as well as erdogan`s thugs do.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

maybe it was planned that way, to give the snowflakes a taste of what a real dictator would do to them?
The U.S. security can`t thump people like that but letting bodyguards who have diplomatic immunity do what U.S. security would like to do serves the same purpose.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: rickymouse

Your understanding of the First Amendment is very poor.

We can protest the sky being blue if we wanted to. To say we don't have the right to protest a foreign government, especially one as corrupt as Erdoğan's newly founded dictatorship, is totally false.

Those guards can get away with beating protesters because they have diplomatic immunity. I would love to have seen them catch a few lumps, though. That's some BS.

Who's property were the protestors on in that video. It appears they were on Embassy property which is an extention of the country that has the Embassy, as soon as they walked onto that sidewalk they were tresspassing, lots of the downed people were on the lawn. That land of the Embassy is not American land.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

A better question would be why did US security allow it to escalate to that level? If Erdogans life was in immediate danger, ie if he was in the crowd you may have a case.

That lawn was probably Turkish soil, that is the Embassy in the background. Those body guards could have probably shot the protestors that went onto the lawn, that would have been a lot worse.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Those protesters do not need to be protesting leaders of other countries when they come here. When a leader from another country comes here, we are supposed to supply security, how come our security didn't take out those protestors.

Bit of a totalitarian attitude to take that mate.
Freedom of speech and a right to a peaceful assembly is a right given by God himself f@ck what nut jobs in power think they can impose upon us.
Most of these Kurds have no other form of impact other than to protest where and when they can get the chance but no lock them up and shut them down.......cos......foreign governments......untouchable.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: rickymouse
Those protesters do not need to be protesting leaders of other countries when they come here. When a leader from another country comes here, we are supposed to supply security, how come our security didn't take out those protestors.

Really?

The right to join with fellow citizens in protest or peaceful assembly is critical to a functioning democracy and at the core of the First Amendment.

Except you guys stopped being peaceful and started protesting everything about a year ago. So there will be no crocodile tears for anyone on the left. You've also been protesting a made up dictator for a year, now finally found a real one.
edit on 16-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

then it`s good that the european leaders kiss the presidents ass and will make sure that the euro trash doesn`t disrupt his visit

the European leaders care as little about the european people who elected them as the American leaders care about the people who elected them.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
oh that`s so sad, now the snowflakes have gotten an up close and personal experience with a REAL dictator and his bodyguards, maybe now they will appreciate living in a democracy and stop whining about how bad life is living under a Trump presidency.

AMEN! Your thought process is keen! Thanx Tardus!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PepeTalk

exactly!
the lefty`s have been promoting and rioting for a dictatorship for years and now that they have come face to face with one they don`t like it so much, lolololol
I know that it`s morally wrong for me to be enjoying this story so much but I just can`t help it.
the supporters of a dictatorship get a very minor taste of what life will be like under a dictator and all of the sudden they are whining and crying about how their right to free speech has been violated.
how can you not laugh about this?

edit on 16-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Hard to say from the video. There appeared to be a street with a sidewalk directly opposed to the first camera shot. That would be considered public land. Also DC is strange about it's zoning laws. If it was embassy land i doubt they would have been allowed there in the first place so that seems unlikely to me. If it was public land then they have a right to peaceably assemble and protest the hell out of Turkey for any reason they want.

I don't know. Still would have been nice to see one of the suited up Turkish bastards catch a nightstick in the teeth. Erdoğan is a pile of crap.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well this is not at the Turkish Embassy in DC, here are front and top views, and they don't look like the same landscape as in the video:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I am not saying that I agree those guards should have gotten out of hand with the protestors, I am just saying the protestors should have stayed back from that property. The police were on American soil, the bodyguards were on Turkish soil. I am sure the turkish bodyguards did not mind the police coming on their soil, and the police did not mind the bodyguards dragging the protestors back onto the road.

Our country is supposed to guarantee the security of a leader of another country when they visit, that leader was on his own land already, his body guards were probably out by the edge of their countries property.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Rioting and protesting are two totally different thing. I doubt you average Democrat citizen is a member of the Black Bloc anarchists you see smashing windows around the country. The two are not mutually exclusive. In some cases agent provocateurs are paid by the opposition to give the cops a reason to make arrests, also in some cases those same agent provocateurs are cops themselves.

I get it though. Anything to bash a snowflake for having an opinion that may differer from your own.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

According to witnesses, the brawl erupted when the Turkish president’s security detail attacked protesters carrying the flag of the Kurdish PYD party outside the Ambassadors residence.

A local NBC television affiliate reported Erdoğan was inside the building at the time.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad
Well this is not at the Turkish Embassy in DC, here are front and top views, and they don't look like the same landscape as in the video:

I am getting this about the Turkish Ambassadors residence. There is a plaque shown in this page about it being part of the embassy foursquare.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
One thing we know for sure is that Turkey President Erdogan is EXTREME. Therefore, his bodyguards are EXTREME.

Because I've read so many articles about his extreme statements and actions, I did a Google Search with "Erdogan claims"...from 1.1.2018 to 12.31.2016.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan makes President Trump look meek and shy by comparison. Example (3.19.2015): "I gave President Obama the Affordable Care Act. ObamaCare was my idea."

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: Tardacus

Rioting and protesting are two totally different thing. I doubt you average Democrat citizen is a member of the Black Bloc anarchists you see smashing windows around the country. The two are not mutually exclusive. In some cases agent provocateurs are paid by the opposition to give the cops a reason to make arrests, also in some cases those same agent provocateurs are cops themselves.

I get it though. Anything to bash a snowflake for having an opinion that may differer from your own.

Holy projection, Batman.

The only one paying people are globalist assclowns like George Soros. That's you. We also know they hired plants at Trump rallies, nobody needs to go to one of these "progressive" # shows and frame anybody. You just tell them Ann Coulter wants to speak. Who's attacking people for differing opinions? lol

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
One thing we know for sure is that Turkey President Erdogan is EXTREME. Therefore, his bodyguards are EXTREME.

Because I've read so many articles about his extreme statements and actions, I did a Google Search with "Erdogan claims"...from 1.1.2018 to 12.31.2016.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan makes President Trump look meek and shy by comparison. Example (3.19.2015): "I gave President Obama the Affordable Care Act. ObamaCare was my idea."

I think that Erdogan is a crook and tyrant, but that is just my opinion. I just understand that the president or prime minister of another country should feel secure here when they come.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This happened at Sheridan Cir.

For larger picture right click on picture and select view picture.

From the video:

Street view for reference, notice building in the background are the same as in the video:

Top view to see what building the bodyguards were in front of, look like the Latvia Embassy:

edit on 17-5-2017 by LockNLoad because: added

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

Nice detective work!

So how far were they from the Turkish residence?

Erdagon could not have felt threatened, these Turkish thugs didn't like the sight of the Kurdish PYD flag and attacked.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join