It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdoğan's bodyguards in violent clash with protesters in Washington DC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Actually the house they were at is the Ambnassadors residence, it may be the Turkish embassy. It is governed by Turkish laws if it is the embassy.

Actually I believe that the inside of the embassy is considered as Turkish soil.
The street and park opposite are US soil (in this case).
edit on 17/5/2017 by KarmaComa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

nice find!

What bothers me most here is the fact that some foreign (non-US) agents "acted" on US soil.
Unless there is a specific agreement and authorization, I thought that any foreign agent (e.g. in this case non-US) was not allowed to "act".
I guess there are some specific cases, for example if Erdogan was under threat. But in this Erdogan was (allegedly) in the building, and the protesters, apart from flags and a megaphone, did not really show any direct threat in my opinion.

How could the US police let the (non-US) bodyguards beat the # out of people on US soil?
Sure they tried to stop them, but in my opinion they (the bodyguards) should have been arrested for assault.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Those protesters do not need to be protesting leaders of other countries when they come here.

Guess you never visited a United States embassy and had to wade through the protesters which are there pretty much daily regardless of who happens to be in country or not.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

a reply to: KarmaComa

This did not take place on or near the Turkish Embassy, this happened at Sheridan Cir apparently in front of the Latvian Embassy. Please see pg2 of this thread.

The Turkish Embassy is about 1/2 mile right down the street from the Latvian Embassy.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

my bad.
Thanks for the clarification.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So much for the "resistance"...
It's hard to show sympathy from an ideological class of people who have been advocating violence for months. Sure they looked peaceful in this video. But I have learned the pepper spray and brick throwing can start in an instant when it comes to the left. Most likely these bodyguards have seen the videos circulating of American protesters and some idiot in the crowed flashed something to warrant a response.

Or like the OP implied they just wanted to kick some leftist SJW a** in front of the world.
That I somehow doubt.

Yet again the left falls victim to it's own culture warfare tactics backfiring.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KarmaComa

The bodyguards did not attack anyone till they came onto the lawn, this makes me think that that is the boundary.

Do you actually have any proof that that lawn is not part of their land? Why would those bodyguards be that far from the Embassy and guarding it from way outside of the Embassy land? Use some common sense, the cops were on the sidewalk and road, the guards were on the grass and sidewalks mostly and at that point of crossing is when the guards attacked the people. Look closely at the video.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

-sigh-

Please see pg2 of this thread.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
According to the articles I read, all of them, this happened at the Turkish Ambassadors residence, which is considered a part of the Embassy legally. If this lawn is not part of the Embassy, and it was open to the public, how come the police and bodyguards are right there? I looked at your explanation, you should do some more research on where they are, I gave you one link, a better one exists out there that has lots of pictures of that building.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I see antifa and antifa supporters do not like it when violent, facist antifa tactics are applied to them.

Cry a little harder snowflakes.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
How far has ATS fallen that so much of its membership will allow their personal politics to ignore a clear act of aggression against a peaceful protest by their fellow Americans.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Those protesters do not need to be protesting leaders of other countries when they come here.

Guess you never visited a United States embassy and had to wade through the protesters which are there pretty much daily regardless of who happens to be in country or not.

Nope, never been to one, have you? I checked the net and did not find anything about constant protesters at embassies. There are isolated incidences of protests, but usually not that many from what I was seeing. I guess you know, you must live near them or something.

I could ask a friend's husband who lives in Washington DC and is a contractor working for the intelligence agency, he actually guarded the president on occasion years back when he was a civil service agent and before he started doing his present work. I should get his e-mail address from his wife's mother. I do not discuss anything of national security with him, but I bet his wife would be able to inform me about something like this. I tend to try not to draw attention to me from these people. He actually personally inspected my avatar rock one day at his wife's parents home.
edit on 17-5-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
How far has ATS fallen that so much of its membership will allow their personal politics to ignore a clear act of aggression against a peaceful protest by their fellow Americans.

Good question.

Did you ask it when liberals were assaulting US citizens who wanted to see a Presidential candidate speak?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The more I read about it in general, the more I realize that foreign agents usually have FULL immunity.
Also, an embassy is not considered as soil of this country...

I had it wrong.

Still, I find the reactions of the Turkish agents excessive, arrogant.

Hope an investigation will be open.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KarmaComa

The more I read about it in general, the more I realize that foreign agents usually have FULL immunity.
Also, an embassy is not considered as soil of this country...

I had it wrong.

Still, I find the reactions of the Turkish agents excessive, arrogant.

Hope an investigation will be open.

I also do not like what those Turkish agents did. But I do not think the protesters crossing that line was right either. Two wrongs do not make a right.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

OK you stated here that you are "getting this about the Turkish Ambassadors residence. There is a plaque shown in this page about it being part of the embassy foursquare.com..." How does the picture of the plaque from some travel search site correlate to anything in the video that would show that this happened at or in front of the Turkish Embassy???

I provided screen shots that show the exact location of this altercation that can be proven by matching up landmarks and addresses.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but you are making comments based on a false assumption.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: eNumbra

Good question.

Did you ask it when liberals were assaulting US citizens who wanted to see a Presidential candidate speak?

You're one of the worst of the lot; immediately trying to attack me personally.

edit on 5/17/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The only thing that amazed me (and i'm rarely amazed) is those Turkish thugs didn't get arrested and thrown in clink for kicking that Woman repeatedly in the head, while she was on the floor.

Perhaps in Turkey it takes a real man to kick a Woman flat on the ground repeatedly in the head like she was a soccer ball.

Imagine if any of you had done that to just about anyone, let alone defenceless people protesting in their own country!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

But did someone take Erdogan out? When that happens, the world will be safer. I don't know why the acronyms allow him to live.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

If I was to guess, I would say they have some kind of diplomatic immunity so arresting 'could' cause some kind of international flap.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join