It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdoğan's bodyguards in violent clash with protesters in Washington DC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Video inside the link, I can't believe this happened in D.C.

Erdogans bodyguards are thugs!

What, Americans not allowed to demonstrate on American soil anymore?

Spicer is going to have fun answering questions on this one tommorow.

Check out the video, those bodyguards are violent!

They'll get diplomatic immunity, do you agree with this?

Beatdown video

Link

Nine people were hurt and two arrests were made during an altercation at the Turkish ambassador’s residence in the US capital during a visit by prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to Washington.

Doug Buchanan, a DC Fire and EMS spokesman, said two of those hurt were seriously injured and were taken to hospitals by ambulance. He said by phone that emergency personnel were called to the residence about 4:30pm Tuesday.

According to witnesses, the brawl erupted when the Turkish president’s security detail attacked protesters carrying the flag of the Kurdish PYD party outside the residence.

edit on 16-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A real live "Turkey Shoot" !!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Japan also had a similar problem where Turks clash with the locals and the Kurds living in Japan:

edit on 5/16/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Damn, where is a good cop beating when you need one. Would have been nice to see the police take down some of the black suits there.

twitter.com...
edit on 16-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Those protesters do not need to be protesting leaders of other countries when they come here. When a leader from another country comes here, we are supposed to supply security, how come our security didn't take out those protestors.

+13 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Those protesters do not need to be protesting leaders of other countries when they come here. When a leader from another country comes here, we are supposed to supply security, how come our security didn't take out those protestors.

Really?

The right to join with fellow citizens in protest or peaceful assembly is critical to a functioning democracy and at the core of the First Amendment.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I have to disagree on this one, the twitter video shows the "security detail" as the aggressors jumping the line to go out and kick the shIt out of some people.

Wish the cops would have put a beat down on them

edit on 16-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
oh that`s so sad, now the snowflakes have gotten an up close and personal experience with a REAL dictator and his bodyguards, maybe now they will appreciate living in a democracy and stop whining about how bad life is living under a Trump presidency.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Really?

The right to join with fellow citizens in protest or peaceful assembly is critical to a functioning democracy and at the core of the First Amendment.

We only have the right to protest our government, not other governments. Actually the house they were at is the Ambnassadors residence, it may be the Turkish embassy. It is governed by Turkish laws if it is the embassy.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

well, I guess if the protestors don`t like being roughed up by a dictators bodyguards they could try to sue him, lolololol

They learned a valuable life lesson, don`t f%*k with a real dictator and his bodyguards , lolololol

they can cry and protest and riot all they want about trump being a dictator and go home at the end of the day, but don`t mess with a real dictator and his bodyguards or you WILL get hurt. lololol

edit on 16-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
#NotWelcomed

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If you think this is bad, wait until Trump visits Europe. Europeans know how to protest better than us.

Video inside the link, I can't believe this happened in D.C.

Erdogans bodyguards are thugs!

What, Americans not allowed to demonstrate on American soil anymore?

Spicer is going to have fun answering questions on this one tommorow.

Check out the video, those bodyguards are violent!

They'll get diplomatic immunity, do you agree with this?

Beatdown video

Link

Nine people were hurt and two arrests were made during an altercation at the Turkish ambassador’s residence in the US capital during a visit by prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to Washington.

Doug Buchanan, a DC Fire and EMS spokesman, said two of those hurt were seriously injured and were taken to hospitals by ambulance. He said by phone that emergency personnel were called to the residence about 4:30pm Tuesday.

According to witnesses, the brawl erupted when the Turkish president’s security detail attacked protesters carrying the flag of the Kurdish PYD party outside the residence.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

the secret service and trumps private bodyguards know how to put a beat down on protesters just as well as erdogan`s thugs do.

+5 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Your understanding of the First Amendment is very poor.

We can protest the sky being blue if we wanted to. To say we don't have the right to protest a foreign government, especially one as corrupt as Erdoğan's newly founded dictatorship, is totally false.

Those guards can get away with beating protesters because they have diplomatic immunity. I would love to have seen them catch a few lumps, though. That's some BS.
edit on 16-5-2017 by AnonyMason because: spelling

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

What a sad day for America...Fascist US Police allowing Fascist bodyguards of Erdogan beating on Americans Kurd's.

Why were the bodyguards allowed to run so far into the park chasing the Kurd protesters?

This happened in Fascist Washington DC.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I would like to see the beginning of the altercation, the video only show it 'in progress' and then escalating. As a person that has worked executive protection, I know that I would have had no problem getting physical with somebody if I thought that my executive was in danger of being harmed.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

A better question would be why did US security allow it to escalate to that level? If Erdogans life was in immediate danger, ie if he was in the crowd you may have a case.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

That`s life, just because the snowflakes were allowed to riot burn and loot under the Obama administration doen`t mean a dictator and his bodyguards are going to tolerate that #.
they learned a valuable lesson, things aren`t so bad here in the U.S.A. under a trump administration it could be worse they could be living in turkey where a real dictator wouldn`t tolerate their rioting,looting and anarchist behavior.

edit on 16-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Within the grounds of the embassy, I did not see in the video any invasion of the ground by the protesters.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Really?

I agree. This is the United States where we are operating under the First Amendment.

Personally, I think our guys should have beaten the s**t out of the Turk thugs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join