It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdoğan's bodyguards in violent clash with protesters in Washington DC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I hate when these Trump/$hillary shills have to turn every. single. thread. into a commercial for their candidate. It makes me wonder if they are capable of discussing anything else. Plus the guy you're responding to has the intelligence of a grapefruit so just ignore him and his thread drift.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

originally posted by: LockNLoad
This happened at Sheridan Cir.

For larger picture right click on picture and select view picture.

From the video:

Street view for reference, notice building in the background are the same as in the video:

Top view to see what building the bodyguards were in front of, look like the Latvia Embassy:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I donno, man. A foreign dictator's thugs beat up on a lot of legal protestors, many likely American citizens to boot, and people here stick up for the goons. They are many of the same people that figure it's ok for the Russians to mess with their electoral process as long as it served their candidate. This is today's America? Good luck with that!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Found some more information here it seems that Erdogan was visiting the Turkish Ambassador at his residence but his residence is not at the Turkish Embassy it is around the corner from the Latvian Embassy on 23rd st.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

From your source:

Erdogan supporters and security guards clashed with Kurdish and Armenian protesters who accuse him of human rights abuses – leaving nine in hospital with one in a critical condition.

What was discussed between Trump and Erdogan?

Drawing up the new boundaries, division of Syria?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Nope, never been to one, have you? I checked the net and did not find anything about constant protesters at embassies.

Yes, I have been to several. The State Department issues frequent alerts for the various embassies.

(post by luthier removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Every one of those security dudes filmed assaulting the protesters should be immediately sent home, and barred from the US for X amount of years. Replacements at their own cost. This cannot be tolerated.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

That would be an appropriate way to handle it, but then again we are dealing with politics, so with Trump trying to repair/ease relations with Turkey, expelling the bodyguards would more then likely harm any possible gains.

Not that I agree with this "mindset" but it is what it is. IMO at a minimum Trump or Spicer should make a statement condemning the actions.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

State Dept Is Working To ID Erdogan Bodyguards Who Beat Up Protesters In DC

The State Department is working with Washington, D.C. police and the U.S. Secret Service to identify the bodyguards working for Turkey’s president who beat up protesters outside of the Turkish embassy in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday. The melee left at least nine protesters injured and generated intense backlash against Turkey’s president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Erdogan bodyguard strangling a yazidi woman protester

Yazidi might sound familiar to some, they are the victims of genocide & sex slavery by ISIS.

edit on 17-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

That lawn where most of the beatings took place looks like a public park to me - they attack US citizens - would that constitute an "act of war"

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

That lawn where most of the beatings took place looks like a public park to me - they attack US citizens - would that constitute an "act of war"

Remember, we are just peons. If it was a politician or government official, then it would be an act of war. We are allowable collateral damage, it has been that way for thousands of years now, you do not think that will ever change do you?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
oh that`s so sad, now the snowflakes have gotten an up close and personal experience with a REAL dictator and his bodyguards, maybe now they will appreciate living in a democracy and stop whining about how bad life is living under a Trump presidency.

"Hey Tayyep isn't our president EITHER!
You've got no rightta.."WHAP

Were these individuals the Armenians trying to
obstruct injustice, or just random stupid people?
I always thought when you're in the presence of even
thugs with guns--
diplomatically immune or not, you minded your manners.

I just got back from Europe and a short vacation. I lived
maybe by only keeping a relatively low profile.
Or maybe just lucky? I contend scenario A. There were a
lot of paratroopers with automatic weapons on the slant...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

yazidi

thanks for that - unlike some who suggested the protesters may be Armenians and not Kurds

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

No I don't think it will ever change, we are expendable peons. I consider you a person who I see eye to eye with most times. In all fairness you should also respond to the poster who clarified on the fact that the area is close to the ambassadors house and not the Embassy

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
They need to do this again and this time have some armed protestors/plain clothes navy seals in the crowd. Then when they try to beat up the protestors they get mowed down.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A real live "Turkey Shoot" !!

You post that quip for fun did you? Go there and hang with the Kurds... heres some getting "shot by Turks" at a funeral, no less.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What a sh*t way to have to live, having to have a white flag just to 'try' and cross the street. Well a least Coke is able to do business there. eyeroll.jpg

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

No I don't think it will ever change, we are expendable peons. I consider you a person who I see eye to eye with most times. In all fairness you should also respond to the poster who clarified on the fact that the area is close to the ambassadors house and not the Embassy

I mentioned twice that it was it was by the Turkish Ambassadors Residence. The Ambassadors Residence was the original Turkish Embassy from what I read and is still considered part of the Embassy. Which means it is still Turkeyland. I think he got what I was saying. Sometimes I am not so good at explaining things, especially if I am tired.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm guessing they simply applied Turkic rules on American soil.

Watched it.... it looks like the DC police did the best they could.
edit on 17-5-2017 by FlyingFox because: freedom

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join