It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Three words:

Obstruction of Justice.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Three words:

Obstruction of Justice.

Wrong... a request is not obstruction of justice, you cant just make up laws where you see fit.
edit on 16-5-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Obstruction of justice is defined in the omnibus clause of 18 U.S.C. § 1503, which provides that "whoever . . . . corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be (guilty of an offense)." Persons are charged under this statute based on allegations that a defendant intended to intefere with an official proceeding, by doing things such as destroying evidence, or intefering with the duties of jurors or court officers.

Cornell University Law School Definition

Take special note of the "or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede"
edit on 16-5-2017 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So.... Comey would wait until he is fired to make this claim?
Yeah... that sounds credible.

And it is amazing that the Dems are freaking about this after the way Clinton was let off the hook.

The official White House statement is that this is a total fabrication.
When will the fake news stop??

This is more deflection from the Seth Rich news.

edit on 5/16/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Firing Comey does not stop ongoing investigations.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I alerted the moderation staff to delete this thread. Please participate in the other Thread with the same topic.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

according to two people who read the memo

The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
Posted: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join