It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to Kill Flynn Investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh-oh. Multiple news outlets are reporting that a Comey memo says that Trump asked him to end the Flynn investigation. This is breaking news so no details are yet available. But if true, this could be todays cluster for The Donald.

source

Would this constitute obstruction?

+4 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Let me guess. An anonymous source?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

NBC News confirmed with a former federal law enforcement official.

Seems legit.

(post by TinySickTears removed for political trolling and baiting)
+20 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Right up until Comey is asked about it point blank in open testimony before Congress.

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yet another anonymous source. Really?

+9 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Three words:

Obstruction of Justice.

+21 more 
link   
If true. If a memo exists and it said that when it did..... Does anyone really think Comey is making this up? C'mon. Its one after another. Almost on the hour. I can't take it anymore

What more do you people need?

link   
a reply to: jtma508

Why is Comey doing this now?

If he was a man of integrity and honesty, he would have said something then.

I doubt this is true. But, it shows more about Comey's credibility than anything else.

+8 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Anonymous sources should have a pretty good reputation from DC right now. The President just confirmed one of them to be 100% accurate today.

+15 more 
link   
So.... Comey would wait until he is fired to make this claim?
Yeah... that sounds credible.

And it is amazing that the Dems are freaking about this after the way Clinton was let off the hook.

The official White House statement is that this is a total fabrication.
When will the fake news stop??

This is more deflection from the Seth Rich news.

link   
But....
There's a memo....
The anonymous source said so....
Because Comey wrote a lot of memos.

+23 more 
link   
Ill add what I put on the other thread here.

Guess he should have just met him in secret on a tarmac, eh?

If this did happen, I don't think it is that big of a deal. If Trump thought he was innocent, why not ask Comey to let it go? Now had he ordered Comey to stop, that would be a different matter.

By the same token, did you find Obamas statement declaring Hillary had done absolutely nothing wrong before the investigation to be worthy of impeachment?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Too many threads, but for the record, if Trump is guilty, get rid of him.

Now return back to your regularly scheduled Trump bashing.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here we go....Revenge of the Comey

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

What a week huh?

+11 more 
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

In this case, the ultimate source is identified as Comey himself which makes it substantially different from other articles citing leaks from anonymous sources.

Comey can kill this straight away by saying it's false if he chooses. Furthermore, according to reports from a few days ago, Comey has expressed a willingness to testify before Congress but only in a public. You can imagine that this will be one of the very first questions asked by a Democrat if it hasn't been shot down by Comey before that time.

+9 more 
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
If true. If a memo exists and it said that when it did..... Does anyone really think Comey is making this up? C'mon. Its one after another. Almost on the hour. I can't take it anymore

What more do you people need?

Remember, the Times admits it has not seen the memo it is reporting on.

+4 more 
link   

Obstruction of justice is defined in the omnibus clause of 18 U.S.C. § 1503, which provides that "whoever . . . . corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be (guilty of an offense)." Persons are charged under this statute based on allegations that a defendant intended to intefere with an official proceeding, by doing things such as destroying evidence, or intefering with the duties of jurors or court officers.

Cornell University Law School Definition

Take special note of the "or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede"

Fits the definition of obstruction by the text of the law.

+8 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

HAHAHAHA

What a load of crap that is. When would you have had him do this? During the course of an ongoing investigation while he was head of the FBI?

Please.

Comey's timing is a lovely addition to a perfect storm that Trump and his administration have created for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join