It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange eating habits, your doing that wrong!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ok, what's strange about you?? Foods, sauces on the wrong foods?? Knife and fork when eating a candy bar??
Mine is eating chicken wings with a fork! I catch more slack then you can believe over this, I just don't want to have greasy hands when I jump back on my Harley!

edit on 5 163516 1717 by WUNK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Now that is the most minimal content I've seen so far. S&F for minimalism.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sorry, hit the enter button by accident...a reply to: TobyFlenderson

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

My wife gets mad at me for putting sriracha on everything, I mean everything, that I eat.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

These are not really mine, but my gripes with other people:

My dad literally takes the shaker top off pepper shakers in restaurants and loads it on.

Had an ex that always had food on her face and it was very unflattering. She was like 120 lbs.

Had a friend in high school who didn't know how to use a fork and knife to cut meat. He was very bright, just never learned and never tried to figure it out. His mom would also go to Taco Bell and order a taco without the shell. They'd just wrap up all the meat, lettuce, sour cream etc. in a paper wrap and put it in the bag.

What was up with that family?

I don't consider this strange or wrong, but I have been called out for eating french fries. I squirt the ketchup all over for some coverage and eat with a fork.

I was told the correct way is to dip.

edit on 16-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm with you on the silverware on messy food, and cock sauce on everything.... sriracha I mean.

I picked up the habit of using a fork with oreo dunking. Spear it in the cream and dunk away!

At least we arent eating pizza backwards like someone...

edit on 5162017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I went through a phase about junior high where I used Catalina dressing as steak sauce. In my defense, my family cooked steak until it was pretty well gray though, so something had to give it some flavor back.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Spicy attitude
Spicy Y
lol

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Ok, what's strange about you?? Foods, sauces on the wrong foods?? Knife and fork when eating a candy bar??
Mine is eating chicken wings with a fork! I catch more slack then you can believe over this, I just don't want to have greasy hands when I jump back on my Harley!

Napkins work well for me for the greasy hands thing.
If they are suicide wings, you may want to use soap and water.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I like A-1 sauce and Habanero sauce on my fried eggs, at the same time. Just can't get enough. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Tabasco in my cottage cheese.

Mustard on my popcorn.

ETA, good thread idea. Looking forward to reading the replies to get ideas!
edit on 5/16/17 by 123143 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

i eat wings with a fork too. i dont like biting into them

also when i cut steak instead of putting the cut piece in my mouth with the fork i stab it with my knife and shovel it in my eating hole that way

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Tabasco in my cottage cheese.

Mustard on my popcorn.

ETA, good thread idea. Looking forward to reading the replies to get ideas!
Freak, I'm gonna try it though!

My main one is dipping peanut butter sandwiches in chili. Literally everyone I've got to try it loved it. It's a holdover from jr high where we often ( in the South we had a tomato chili soup and PB SANDWICHES which we learned to dip​. Yum and great for long nights out drinking and recovery.

White bread is superior for "soaking and tastes better imo. Peanut butter crackers work well too in a pinch. Tacol sauce is a good substitute for siracha when it comes to pizza and eggs.

edit on 16-5-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Concave fork vs. convex fork when eating meat.

I had dinner with a teacher and guest speaker at the local campus. We went to a local restaurant and the guest speaker ordered a rib eye. I noticed he ate his cut of pieces like this: ) < - - - pretend that is the end of the fork with the tines being the up portion of the parens; the bottom portion is where the handle attaches. He would take the fork (right handed view), poke it into the steak (to his "left"), tine side down, cut the steak, then never flip it over on the way to his mouth. I was like, "Wha!!" Because I always shoveled food into my pie hole with the fork like ( that so I could scoop up potatoes, rice, ice cream, waffle sauce, etc.

I figured it really "was proper etiquette" and began doing the same. Convex fork--a no-no! Concave or bust!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have been known to mix marmalade into porridge.

This one is not an eating habit, as such, but in my bed-sit days I developed the knack of knocking a fairly accurate spoonful of instant coffee straight from jar into mug. It saved washing up a tea-spoon, or even owning one. The skill has stayed with me.
People who have observed me doing this have disapproved for some reason, so it certainly counts as "strange habit".

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I like ketchup on my enchiladas. I started eating them that way when I was a kid, and I can't eat them without ketchup even today. Drives my husband batty.

Does anyone else like peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches? Yum! Also drives my husband batty, as he has a pickle phobia.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You ALL lose!!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Concave fork vs. convex fork when eating meat.

I had dinner with a teacher and guest speaker at the local campus. We went to a local restaurant and the guest speaker ordered a rib eye. I noticed he ate his cut of pieces like this: ) < - - - pretend that is the end of the fork with the tines being the up portion of the parens; the bottom portion is where the handle attaches. He would take the fork (right handed view), poke it into the steak (to his "left"), tine side down, cut the steak, then never flip it over on the way to his mouth. I was like, "Wha!!" Because I always shoveled food into my pie hole with the fork like ( that so I could scoop up potatoes, rice, ice cream, waffle sauce, etc.

I figured it really "was proper etiquette" and began doing the same. Convex fork--a no-no! Concave or bust!

That is European. I only know this because I was told by my ancient grandmother when she saw me doing the same thing. Fork in the left when cutting, etc. She told me I'm an old soul from the Old World.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join