It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN ignoring SETH RICH

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: GuidedKill

I don't see any weblinks nor do I see how that links the DNC to his killing.

I hate to tell but crimes aren't solved by internet web links....

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

a reply to: GuidedKill

I don't see any weblinks nor do I see how that links the DNC to his killing.

I hate to tell but crimes aren't solved by internet web links....

No # sherlock! That's why I said earlier in the thread that I'm content with letting the DCPD handle the case and am taking anything from you internet detectives with a grain of salt.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
a reply to: proximo

Were there leaks and hacks?

Or both?

Well, I don't know.

I think the DNC leaks and the podesta emails came from two different sources.

Remember the DNC denied access to their servers to the FBI. Highly suggests they had something to hide.

The fact that there is the infamous fishing email in the podesta emails, that could have easily been how they were obtained. But that could have come from a hack or leak who knows.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Were there leaks and hacks?

Or both?

Well, I don't know.

I think the DNC leaks and the podesta emails came from two different sources.

Remember the DNC denied access to their servers to the FBI. Highly suggests they had something to hide.

The fact that there is the infamous fishing email in the podesta emails, that could have easily been how they were obtained. But that could have come from a hack or leak who knows.

The denial of their server access to the FBI is one of the strangest moves I have ever seen and the fact it was allowed is even more strange.

I am not of the opinion Rich had anything to do with the hack itself. I am under the impression he had evidence of the undermining of others campaigns in a not so legal manner. Potential for a connection with evidence of voter fraud as well with his position in the DNC. As far as the hacks are concerned, it is possible that once they came out there was something in them that led him to a connection within his own communications that may have been a red flag and he began communicating with wikileaks about it.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Interesting theory

It might be too classified to tell as well

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Shameful that they would use this murder to push their political ideology. The family isn't too happy about that.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Maybe the family fears for someone else that was involved?
Assange had said that two were the source, and that the survivor feared for their life after Seth was killed.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

"It's sad but unsurprising that a group of media outlets who have repeatedly lied to the American people would try and manipulate the legacy of a murder victim in order to forward their own political agenda," Bauman told Business Insider. "I think there is a special place in hell for people like that."

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I feel badly for the family, but it does not change anything.

The reports say that the FBI has the emails.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Reports. Hearsays. Not much evidence. Only speculations.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

"It's sad but unsurprising that a group of media outlets who have repeatedly lied to the American people would try and manipulate the legacy of a murder victim in order to forward their own political agenda," Bauman told Business Insider. "I think there is a special place in hell for people like that."

www.businessinsider.com...

For some reason the article wont come up for me.

However, I too think that people that are itching to use this politically without all of the facts does a disservice to his memory.

Having said that, it is their own PI that is claiming that he had given evidence to suggest that Rich gave emails to wikileaks.

Does the article mention the family condemning their own PI?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah! The family seems to think Seth wasn't involved with Wiki?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If you look at the email in question (following my link to the WL tweet and it's linked from there), you'll see what he is referring to down at the bottom, in the first email from the chain that is quoted:

> On Feb 21, 2015, at 10:12 PM, Joel Benenson wrote:
>
> But this is by far the most damaging story and most damaging type of
> story we can have.
>
>
>
> The press will love writing these. I did when I was a reporter.
>
>
>
> I think we need a paradigm shift in how this world operates we have to
> convince HRC and probably WJC that her meeting with 200 people doesn’t
> help her. Hiring corporate wizards has never been a successful strategy in
> campaigns. And anyone whose name is in the paper 48 hours after they meet
> with her needs to be cut off completely from her campaign. .
>
>
>
> Almost everyone on this team that has been assembled has been busting
> their tail to make this work and to work against this kind of stuff and
> it’s going to get demoralizing in a hurry.
>
>
>
> I’m open to all and any alternatives on how to truly solve this but I
> really feel that when she is back from CA we have to solve this.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joel

A few more blank lines later is a link to a WaPo article: The making of Hillary 5.0: Marketing wizards help re-imagine Clinton brand

Unfortunately, WL cherry-picked the one line from Podesta, stuck it in a tweet and instantly, it looked like something sinister. Next thing you know, folks are just repeating that one line out of context and trying to make it fit whatever narrative they're pushing because they didn't read the email. The people they tell about it don't even get the quote so even if they wanted to read the email, they can't easily locate it. But that doesn't stop folks from repeating what they heard and it just snowballs from there.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Whole text of that Business Insider article:

Rich's family said Wheeler's assertions were "unsubstantiated claims" and that they saw "no facts, we have seen no evidence, we have been approached with no emails and only learned about this when contacted by the press."

"Even if tomorrow an email was found, it is not a high enough bar of evidence to prove any interactions as emails can be altered, and we've seen that those interested in pushing conspiracies will stop at nothing to do so," the family said in a statement.

The family's statement continued:

"We are a family who is committed to facts, not fake evidence that surfaces every few months to fill the void and distract law enforcement and the general public from finding Seth's murderers. The services of the private investigator who spoke to press was offered to the Rich family and paid for by a third party, and contractually was barred from speaking to press or anyone outside of law enforcement or the family unless explicitly authorized by the family."

edit on 16-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue May 16 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: we do not allow copying entire articles IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Whole text of that Business Insider article:

The family of Seth Rich, a slain Democratic National Committee staffer, criticized media outlets and people who they suggested used a new report about Rich's contacts before his death as validation of their political ideology.

Late Monday, a private investigator affiliated with the Rich family told Fox 5, a Washington, DC, outlet, that before being fatally shot in July, Rich had contacts with WikiLeaks, which released internal DNC emails last year.

Rod Wheeler, an investigator, who reports have said is paid by a third party, suggested the Metro Police Department attempted to cover up the nature of Rich's death on behalf of the DNC, a claim the police department denied on Tuesday.

The Fox 5 report was featured prominently by top right-leaning outlets, including Breitbart News, the Drudge Report, Fox News, and the "Fox & Friends" morning show.

Asked about the attention the new report received from right-leaning outlets, Brad Bauman, a representative for the Rich family, said the family condemned the attempt to politicize Rich's death.

Many top right-leaning outlets have dismissed intelligence and law-enforcement findings that Russia was involved in hacking and leaking private DNC emails in which top staffers were openly hostile to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders during the 2016 Democratic primary.

The insinuation that Rich leaked the emails has reignited the claim online that Rich's dissatisfaction with the DNC, not Russian interference, influenced the election. On Monday, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange retweeted the Fox 5 story.

Rich's family said Wheeler's assertions were "unsubstantiated claims" and that they saw "no facts, we have seen no evidence, we have been approached with no emails and only learned about this when contacted by the press."

"Even if tomorrow an email was found, it is not a high enough bar of evidence to prove any interactions as emails can be altered, and we've seen that those interested in pushing conspiracies will stop at nothing to do so," the family said in a statement.

The family's statement continued:

"We are a family who is committed to facts, not fake evidence that surfaces every few months to fill the void and distract law enforcement and the general public from finding Seth's murderers. The services of the private investigator who spoke to press was offered to the Rich family and paid for by a third party, and contractually was barred from speaking to press or anyone outside of law enforcement or the family unless explicitly authorized by the family."

Rich's family has repeatedly attempted to quash online theorists who have suggested a conspiratorial motive behind the former staffer's death. Police said Rich was shot during a robbery while he was walking home from a bar in Washington, DC.

In August, WikiLeaks promised a $20,000 reward to whoever identified Rich's killer.

In a statement to Business Insider after WikiLeaks announced the reward, the family thanked investigators but said attempts to politicize Rich's death by floating unfounded theories about the shooting were "actually causing more harm than good and impeding on the ability for law enforcement to properly do their job."

Thanks for posting it, I did get it working eventually.

The family definitely has the right to feel that way, but I don't see them specifically stating Wheeler is wrong. To me it seems like they are saying his info has not been confirmed, and they don't want people acting like this is a smoking gun for political purposes.

I agree with them on this, and have maintained from the beginning that Wheeler and the anonymous FBI official cited in the Fox story do are not enough for me to believe these claims.

For what its worth, it seems as if the families spokeperson is a DNC PR guy named Brad Bauman according to Wikileaks.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

How do you feel about Wheeler violating his contract and speaking to the press without the family's permission? That sounds awfully fishy.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I think I'll still wait for more to come out, if anything of substance does come out at all.

link   

Yes, the DNC has been the public rep for the family all along.
So, it is not surprising that they are trying to squash this.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I will say this, if Podesta thought someone from inside his campaign was leaking info, why would he threaten them viwa email that the leaker would have access to. To me that makes no sense.

I don't think this disproves that Rich could have been working with Wikileaks, or even that Rich was murdered for it, but I never put much stock into the Podesta threat angle.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: introvert

Why is CNN not reporting on Seth Rich?

ABC, MSNBC, are silent too!

Russia?

Why would CNN, or any other news outlet, report on something that has not been proven, or at least asserted by reliable sources?

I'd guess for the same reason they are still posting about the Russia junk even though nothing is proven and all sources are anon.

It's been proven that the Russia aspect is a "thing".

This Rich stuff has not been proven so.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join