It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is not the problem you are

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This used to be a place where people came together to look at what's going on behind the veil. Dig deeper. And yes we might have gone too far before with FEMA camps, 2012 and so on, but never was there so much hate, blind paranoia and group diversion as we have now.
Most people are already so deeply indoctrinated by the unfounded paranoia and bogeyman delusion you don't even comprehend what is written anymore you just attack.

Let's revue the facts for a second, shall we?
Trump got helped a lot by the Russian hacks and wikileaks and that's why the agencies are so much against him, seeing it as they are trained and biased into regarding Putin and most of all Russia as the enemy. For decades almost centuries by now.
But for the people it's a good thing. Hillary was such a shady power exploiting candidate to allow her to win wouldn't have been a better option in anyway.
I mean sure Trump has "diplomat problems", a loud mouth and next to no self control when it comes to speaking his mind, but you can tell he means well. The wall and all the other seemingly xenophobic propositions he made was to reduce crime, to make the cities safer, to make the honest, hard working people safer.

Which brings us back to the problem: you! All the nonsense spouting, fact distorting fan boys are nobody doing any favour. The populace is supposed to be the sovereign, yet you loose all credibility along with the denial and ignorance you show for the "left". They are not your enemy. They are your neighbours, family, friends, colleagues... they are scared and you are the ones giving them every reason to be because you became hostile, belittling and dishonest so very fast you ruined every chance of a meaningful dialogue and at this point just come across paranoid, or outright insane.

The media is biased, we are ATS ffs we know that since always basically. All media is, including your beloved alternative new sources, they too have an agenda.
Divide and conquer people, remeber? Not Trump has been bought to bring the USA down, the target is was and always will be you. The violence the threats and the ganging up on eachother, that's you the people from all sides & all kinds of different political ideologies, you are doing that. Not very "souvereign" behaviour and not Trumps doing or his fault, but yours.

Is it really that hard to focus on the issues at hand? Do we really have to play that stupid game and continue to hold the USA in a stagnation just because we can't work together with "them"?
Why? More jobs, a good thing, right? Safer, cleaner cities, also hard to argue against that, am I wrong? Putting an end to the wars which are draining lots of money and lifes that coud be better used at home, who doesn't want that? Can't we argue about the ways how to achieve that?
Isn't it our responsibility as souvereign of the country to stay focused on the problems which are everybodys problems, which make everyone equal because we have to endure their effects on us?
If anything than I'd expect every real ATSer to know the only "they" which might deserve your vitriol aren't the ones more conservative or liberal expressing their opinion on this site, but the goddamnedmotherf*ckers who aren't doing their jobs and interested in nothing but securing a slight advantage of power over the others.

We are better than that. Stop the hate, hug a lefty, or a rightnut.

+11 more 
posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
All I can say is -- how do you think we felt when we were treated the same during Obama's time in office?

Do you think those who loved Obama treated us any less worse even though we were their friends, family, neighbors, etc.? If you do, then maybe you need to open your mind a bit.

This problem is not one-sided and it has hardly suddenly become a problem with Trump's election, nor did it suddenly become a problem with Obama's election either.

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

*buhu
but they started it...

Very helpful very adult comment, thank you. /*sarcasm

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

After reading your post, I'm still not sure what problem is 'the problem'.

But it said "Trump" in the title, so I suspect it is non-consequential American stuff.

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Did I point at one side or the other for starting it?

I don't think I did. You are the one displaying an emotional, knee-jerk reaction here.

I said that maybe if you find things frightening, you ought to consider how people felt when their concerns were mocked and belittled during Obama's time in office because you can't deny that it did happen and with regularity. It doesn't matter if it happened or not much like it won't matter if anything actually happens under Trump or not that bears out people's fears - you ask me to consider that their' fears are very real and feel bad for them.

I asked you to consider how much people considered the very real fears felt during Obama's presidency; that was all.

Then I expanded on it to say that the problem is not one-sided and did not suddenly become a problem with Trump's election, just like it didn't suddenly become a problem under Obama.

This is a problem all groups tend to have toward those who don't think like they do, especially when they adopt an attitude of moral superiority.

+2 more 
posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

so it took all of 1 post for the but obama to come out
figures coming from you

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Everybody who falls for the fictional enemy line of right left is. I'm angry at both sides equally, because they come here on ATS and fall for the oldest cheapest tactic in population control.

That's the problem they're all equally stupid.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is sure a lot of complaining going on all of a sudden by the Alt-Left and the concerned-types out there over the vigorous political discussion taking place on ATS right now.

This one popped up earlier...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My suggestion to those who don't care for politics is to explore the BAZILLION threads on ATS that are not related to politics.

It's like TV. I can't stand reality shows. If one comes on, I change it.

Problem solved!
edit on 14-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

so it took all of 1 post for the but obama to come out
figures coming from you

But it wasn't about Obama. It was about how every presidency has a group that fears what will happen and those fears are very real to them. The OP suddenly wants us to feel bad for how people now feel bad because Trump has been elected, but how much compassion did the OP have for those groups who felt equally fearful under other presidents?

Yes, I mentioned Obama. You know why? He was the most recent president. I could go back to Bush. I lot of people were scared by him too. Heck, a lot of people were scared by Reagan if I understand it correctly, but I was young enough to mostly fly under the radar of that fear because I was in grade school.

There were people who were scared of the Clintons, but I was busy in college and not politically aware.

Did the OP feel bad for any of those people? Or does the OP just want us to feel bad because this time, maybe the OP is scared so it's all coming home how this can happen?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

There were people who were scared of the Clintons, but I was busy in college and not politically aware. 

I would be afraid of Bill if I was a female intern alone with him in the Oval Office.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I just kill them with kindness that mostly does the trick. I like Trump because he upsets the balance of power and i despise the Leprechaun and all the people surrounding her like flies that are attracted to a garbage dump. I'm not here to please or convince anyone. I don't give a f#ck if you like me or not.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

When will it ever cease to be a Red/Blue problem that is caused by Red/Blue voters, that endorse a system that only Red/Blue can fix, that only Red Blue cause, because Red/Blue are the only options available in the minds of the average voter?

I can't be blamed... I did not and will not vote for a Red/Blue candidate. The Red/Blue vortex is nothing but a toilet bowl being flushed... round and round you both go with all your crappy problems, acting like you're only crappy to begin with because of the foreign turds that are continuously dropping on your own Red/Blue cesspool.

It is the oddest thing in the world to me that people will continue to support a system of Red/Blue that they despise with every ounce of their being. Is the possible pains of ripping the band-aids of past ways to get moving forward that severe that people will stay latched to a Red/Blue substandard policy path?

Anyone that votes Red/Blue is direct cause to the continuation of dead end paths. Take on the title of any faction you wish... but there is no way I can be convinced that the red/Blue can do anything good. They had their chance... they failed... they must allow for expansion.
edit on 14-5-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

that makes sense
apologies

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yeah these threads are ridiculous.

"Let me complain about the other side complaining in order to stop all the complaining"

Or, another fav...

"its all your fault, acknowledge it and apologize so we can move forward".

In other terms, "think like me or you're wrong and a _______ (insert go-to derogatory term that never groups millions of people together based on a single person's action/thoughts.../sarc.). And here is proof from my biased source, that you wont open, but im forced to link to in order to please the GODS, err MODS"

Ahhh, the circle-jerk of life.
edit on 0638x6706America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: chr0naut

Everybody who falls for the fictional enemy line of right left is. I'm angry at both sides equally, because they come here on ATS and fall for the oldest cheapest tactic in population control.

That's the problem they're all equally stupid.

I didn't star your OP because it was too much waffle. However, I starred this because you nailed it. That post should have been your OP.
edit on 14-5-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Grammar

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I guess even the mod's are tired of the whining about the political topics. They removed the "concern" thread that I linked earlier here...

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I got 99 problems but Trump aint 1.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I don't know but if the constant Trump threads don't ever stop, this site will start dying. I love posting in the Trump threads but I can see the damage it is doing across the boards.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I don't know but if the constant Trump threads don't ever stop, this site will start dying. I love posting in the Trump threads but I can see the damage it is doing across the boards.

Well, I've been here on and off since 2005 (I forgot/lost my first ID -- long story...), and ATS is just going to be ATS. The topical milieu these days simply reflects a truly historic and interesting election cycle that continues to play out.

ATS has always been about questioning and challenging orthodoxy -- cultural, political, spiritual, scientific, and of course our favorite, the unexplained.

As someone born with a certain level of natural curiosity, I have found the outside-the-box thinking here -- no matter how goofy at times, to quite often be a good starting point for further study. I have learned a lot on ATS over the years, even when I was just lurking.

This is a privately-owned site, and the owners can do whatever they want to sculpt and direct the content of the discussion here, but to their credit, they pretty much let it roll. That's why ATS is what it is, IMHO...

Again, these days, the discussion has taken a somewhat political track, but this isn't the first time and won't be the last.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to re-direct the current topical trend is to put something out there that will be a brighter bug light than politics.

ATS is basically a free market economy where the most desired capital is evidence-backed weirdness of any kind.

Make it rain...

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

As usual, you're correct. We all share a responsibility to keep this site what it is. It's what we make it.

<<   2 >>

join