It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is not the problem you are

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: SBMcG

As usual, you're correct. We all share a responsibility to keep this site what it is. It's what we make it.

Right on! This site is a Great Gift that all of us would miss if it were gone.

But nothing stays the same forever...

For the Trump post concern crowd, things are probably going to get a lot worse before they get better.

Unless aliens land and start handing out alien bubble gum or something

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I hear you! Unless something BIG happens with Trump can we just give it rest already?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
We are better than that. Stop the hate, hug a lefty, or a rightnut.

There is no room for compromise. There is no appreciation for opinions that differ than one side.

Look, I appreciate your OP but the truth is as long as we let the right wingers get everything they want the world will be a "good" place.

Take the ACA for example. The Democrats wanted a single payer system. The Republicans did not want anything to change. The compromise was the ACA. Now the Republicans are back in power and the ACA will be taken away. See, all is good in the world. The Republicans got exactly what they wanted.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I'm the problem? Don't make me blush.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The first step in solving a problem is admitting that someone else is the cause of it.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

When will it ever cease to be a Red/Blue problem that is caused by Red/Blue voters, that endorse a system that only Red/Blue can fix, that only Red Blue cause, because Red/Blue are the only options available in the minds of the average voter?

I can't be blamed... I did not and will not vote for a Red/Blue candidate. The Red/Blue vortex is nothing but a toilet bowl being flushed... round and round you both go with all your crappy problems, acting like you're only crappy to begin with because of the foreign turds that are continuously dropping on your own Red/Blue cesspool.

It is the oddest thing in the world to me that people will continue to support a system of Red/Blue that they despise with every ounce of their being. Is the possible pains of ripping the band-aids of past ways to get moving forward that severe that people will stay latched to a Red/Blue substandard policy path?

Anyone that votes Red/Blue is direct cause to the continuation of dead end paths. Take on the title of any faction you wish... but there is no way I can be convinced that the red/Blue can do anything good. They had their chance... they failed... they must allow for expansion.
This. So much this. I wish I could star this post a thousand times. Glad to see SOME get it, because the vast majority sure don't.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

And you and the poster you responded to suffer from the same disease as the OP: assumed moral superiority.

Look at you -- you all caused the problem, not me because I don't vote for this or that person.

Well, you know what?

I have a very real fear too. My fear is that we've lost the art of understanding that not every person in this country thinks or believes the exact same way we do, and that's perfectly OK even if it does mean we get political candidates elected that we don't agree with and therefore that means that agenda items we don't agree with will also get passed through.

Guess what?

It's the way this country was intended to work.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, rightists and leftists just don't want to take any responsibility for their joined culpability in harming this country's future, as your post just signified. The reality is one is just as responsible as the other.

Both sides hold their proverbial noses at the mere mention of compromise or rationality. No, both sides demand that 100% of everything be 100% their way. Thing is, 100% of either side's way would never work. It's not even rational to think it would.
edit on 14-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I blame all of your mothers, only because it's mothers day.
I'll blame your fathers next month!

If we are going to play the blame game might as well go after them grands too!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The first step in solving a problem is admitting that someone else is the cause of it.

Scapegoating is how you win the presidency.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

No, rightists and leftists just don't want to take any responsibility for their joined culpability in harming this country's future, as your post just signified. The reality is one is just as responsible as the other.

Both sides hold their proverbial noses at the mere mention of compromise or rationality. No, both sides demand that 100% of everything be 100% their way. Thing is, 100% of either side's way would never work. It's not even rational to think it would.

I don't agree with your comment. You can't have compromise when one side is practicing politics of denial. If your agenda is to absolutely nothing it's much easier to get your agenda accomplished. We haven't had a functional government for over 20 years.

Money talks, everything else is BS. And the facts do not support the Republican way of thinking. Wealth inequality is at all-time highs for specific reasons. Every year the middle class is driven deeper into a poverty wage. The political theater on TV is meaningless BS. Money is everything. The lobbyists have exactly the government they have paid for. The United States of Lobbyists.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I get what you're saying. You have basically told me the same thing before.... "Money talks and BS walks." Just the way it is... Don't like it, but... Shrug. I don't see it getting any better until corporate and special interest money is minimized in our political system. As long as that maintains a stranglehold, it's only going to get worse, and I don't see either side effectively pushing to change it. Hell, I am a member of "wolf pack" and they can't even get any headway. So, .... I don't know. I've pushed for citizenry funded campaigns, but the majority don't seem to favor even a $30 dollar annual contribution. .. That's all it would take. If that's not enough for candidates to campaign on, then there's a serious problem. Thirty times almost 300 million people is an awful lot of money.

edit on 14-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Doesn't matter who you vote for, left, right, or other; we're all in this collective mess together. It's all our faults.

As you pointed out, part of the problem is money. There are a few other issues that get less notice, but the system won't change no matter how much you vote for 3rd party groups. Hell, you could get a whole government full of them and there wouldn't be much change. Do you know why?

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The changes that would fix most things will never be attained because the people in power, who WANT to be in power (see dictionary: "Narcissist" ) won't allow it to change, they go in for the perks and the least amount of work days for quite the salary and medical plans. As long as they pander to their constituency, and blame the other guy they'll keep getting elected.

There is only one way to make a meaningful change at this point, but it isn't advised because the people are fractured so bad right now that a shattered mirror has fewer breaks. Honestly, I don't see these fractures being fixed anytime soon, either. I suspect this is part of the big plan, continual divide and conquer.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Oh, which concerns are we talking about?

The utterly banal prattle of the birthers? Or would that be the worries of fundamentalist Christian Conservatives, or as I like to call them the Oxymoron Club Of America, about the issue of LGBT right to marriage and social support equal to that received by heterosexual couples? Or would it perhaps be the concerns of those who simply disliked the idea of having a President who is not white?

I have had to say this before, and I will say it again, you CANNOT fairly compare the concerns that Trumps detractors have, with the concerns that Obamas detractors had at the same stage in his Presidency. For a start, the concerns that people have about Trump are valid, and can be shown in facts. For example, Trump will have wasted more money on golfing trips by the end of this YEAR, than Obama spent in one whole term on travel, if current trends are anything to go by, and if nothing else, Trump is a creature of habit. Obama during his first hundred days, had four days of time away at a private retreat. Trump has had 25 days, yes, nearly a month of time off, and the spending differences will show in that. Trump has been golfing 19 times, since first taking up the position he now holds, and that started virtually immediately after he took office. Despite being criticised by Mr Trump for taking time away to go golfing, Mr Obama waited an entire four months before going golfing for the day for the first time, after winning the Presidency.

And then you have the difference in terms of their performance, with regard to what they have actually gotten DONE during that time. First of all, Mr Trump has signed some thirty or so executive orders, despite the fact that he was less than complimentary about Obamas use of executive orders, during the campaign. But despite having both chambers of Congress being Republican controlled at this time, nothing he has tried to do has stuck, with defeats for things like the repeal of the ACA, among other things, simply being slapped down. Obama however, was not so prone to failure, despite having a much less favourable Congress to deal with than Trump. For example, during the same period we are talking about in HIS presidency, Obama got hundreds of billions of dollars of stimulus approved (say what you will about that, the man got the thing done), signed a fair pay bill into law, and passed legislation expanding the State Childrens Health Insurance Program.

Going back to Trump for a moment, even his Executive Orders are getting slapped down, so in terms of his actual achievements during the first hundred days of his Presidency, he has achieved...not a great deal actually. That is not to say that he has not tried, but he simply cannot get a thing passed into law. He is simply bad at the job, because he does not understand it, or how anything actually works, and if you cannot understand how a thing works, you cannot effectively rebuild it to work better. You have to have deep structural knowledge to be able to take a thing apart and reconfigure it. The only thing he has a deep structural knowledge of however, is the inside of a can of spray tan.

Obama inherited some of the worst economic conditions in the modern era, from his predecessor, George W. Bush, and has, contrary to the utterly erroneous (I am being generous there, we know its just more lies and spin, because that is all conservatism actually is at the top level) suggestions made by talking heads, passed on a comparatively lively and stable economy, to Mr Trump. Its not fantastic, but it is not the dead dog that Trump and his sort were suggesting previous to the election.

So, when people say they have concerns about Trump, let us remember that there are actual reasons for those concerns, which is in stark contrast to the absolute LACK of a reason that anyone had in the first hundred days of Mr Obamas presidency, to dislike the mans business like approach to getting things done. By comparison to Mr Trump, Obama was a proactive, energetic and capable figure, doing a hard job in hard times. Mr Trump however is a shirker, who achieves little, while saying a great deal.

There are genuine reasons to be very concerned about his lack of enthusiasm for the work he is doing, genuine reasons to be concerned at his aptitude for it, which is seriously lacking if his performance, with a favourable Congress no less, is anything to go by (and it most certainly IS something to go by). The things I have gone over above, do not even take into account some of the greatest hits, the most famed public gaffes and failures that he has ever been a part of.

Those who disliked Obama at the same stage in HIS presidency, did not have reasons relating to his performance. They disliked him because he was a Democrat, they disliked him because he was intelligent, and they disliked him because they did not like the idea of a black president, and those are the only reasons in truth, that anyone had the slightest, tiny issue with Obama at the hundred day mark.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Let's revue the facts for a second, shall we?
Trump got helped a lot by the Russian hacks and wikileaks and that's why the agencies are so much against him

that is NOT a fact
that's YOUR opinion
l;earn the difference

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
and who is that ( you ) are ??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join