It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe should have never discarded its Christian identity

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

This is unfair, religion did nothing to these people. People are ones who committed the atrocities under the disguise of religion. These types of comments are some the most sheep like I have seen in awhile.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Maybe 50% of white American teens.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Low blow there man..... comparing people who primarily wanted to live in peace and off the land, in a time we (humanity) were just developing cultures / villages and towns to nazis, low blow

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove
Are they really welcoming hordes of foreigners into their countries knowing fully well what it implies with regards to European demographics?? Are they not worried about the
survival of Europeans as a distinct people with a distinct culture???

The US has gone through wave after wave after wave of immigrants and this argument is dragged out and dusted off every time, and EVERY time it never materializes. In reality, the immigrants slowly turn into the very same people that of the country they moved to over several generations. Do you still hear people complaining that the Irish will take over the US and turn it into a Catholic country?
edit on 15-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Damn I've missed you and your ever logical and honest posts.

I totally agree with all you wrote, the world needs more Christians. And you sir did him justice with that writeup.

Kudos, currency and good faith to you fella, I genuinely mean that.

Ever heard of Freeborn John? Off topic I know... But you do have an aura of righteousness about you, I know people have said in the past you'd be a great politician and the fact is you would.

The world genuinely needs more people like you, it really does.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: TrueBrit

Damn I've missed you and your ever logical and honest posts.

I totally agree with all you wrote, the world needs more Christians. And you sir did him justice with that writeup.

Kudos, currency and good faith to you fella, I genuinely mean that.

Ever heard of Freeborn John? Off topic I know... But you do have an aura of righteousness about you, I know people have said in the past you'd be a great politician and the fact is you would.

The world genuinely needs more people like you, it really does.

Why foes the world need more Christians?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

The world needs more actual Christians, people who will go out of their way to help a fellow human being. The world needs more charity too and not people giving stuff because they feel sorry for another.

I guess my comments could be misconstrued but at the end of the day we are enjoying the best that humanity has ever offered in terms of humanity, despite the doom and gloom we are doing OK.

We need more practicing Christians for the simple reason that a decent one understands another's plight, experience tells me that a practicing Christian seldom ever takes advantage. In this world such people are worth their weight in gold and then some.

Why wouldn't we need more Christians?

To add:

Don't get me wrong though good people exist within every colour and creed and so do bad people. We don't need any religion as a race. We do need more good people though. Watch the news for half an hour and you'll see humans being dreadful to one another. Christianity like many other religions speak of tolerance to one another and we are growing ever intolerant.

It's happening. Britain/America first or whatever nation fills the gap... Fact is if God gave handouts those demanding more should probably be last.

Be a giver not a taker.
edit on 15-5-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Do you still hear people complaining that the Irish will take over the US and turn it into a Catholic country?

No because proper immigration policies were actually enforced when large amounts of Irish immigrants were flocking to America. We let in a bunch of people then gave them time to assimilate. Now we are just expected to let people in until the host culture is all but a memory...
Thanks, but NO THANKS!
Sorry but I will always live by the mentality that the culture our forefathers crafted is superior to most others.
Do I really need to go into it again how our distribution of wealth and freedoms is like nothing ever seen on this planet? Sure it isn't perfect. But at least in America when it gets bad we are not left eating the zoo exhibits... Capitalism creates enough wealth distribution that even a bum can fish a meal out of a dumpster that would be considered a 3 course meal in some 3rd world nations.

History has taught us the alternatives are far worse.
edit on 15-5-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The world needs more actual Christians, people who will go out of their way to help a fellow human being. The world needs more charity too and not people giving stuff because they feel sorry for another.

I guess my comments could be misconstrued but at the end of the day we are enjoying the best that humanity has ever offered in terms of humanity, despite the doom and gloom we are doing OK.

We need more practicing Christians for the simple reason that a decent one understands another's plight, experience tells me that a practicing Christian seldom ever takes advantage. In this world such people are worth their weight in gold and then some.

Why wouldn't we need more Christians?

You do not need religon to be a good person. If you need religon to be a good person, then that is not a good sign.

We should not need a fantasy, to make us a better person. If you are a good person, then that is all that matters

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Let's put all religious people in a basket that is labelled "those that cannot think for themselves"?

I actually agree with you, we don't need religion for good people but at the same time it's rather judgmental to say that those religious folk would probably be bad if it wasn't for religion.

Religion and faith is a highly personal thing and I for one will not belittle someone just because they believe in a fantasy as you call it.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Let's put all religious people in a basket that is labelled "those that cannot think for themselves"?

I actually agree with you, we don't need religion for good people but at the same time it's rather judgmental to say that those religious folk would probably be bad if it wasn't for religion.

Religion and faith is a highly personal thing and I for one will not belittle someone just because they believe in a fantasy as you call it.

I did not say that all religious people would be bad if they did not have their religon. Read what i said!

And yes, to me it is pure fantasy in my opinion.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What's it matter what you meant or didn't, your mind is made up.

You can't control people and how they go about practicing faith and religion. It's right for some.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Do you still hear people complaining that the Irish will take over the US and turn it into a Catholic country?

No because proper immigration policies were actually enforced when large amounts of Irish immigrants were flocking to America. We let in a bunch of people then gave them time to assimilate. Now we are just expected to let people in until the host culture is all but a memory...

None of this is true. As for the rest of your post. I don't care about your pro-America rant. I just care about the facts.
edit on 15-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

What's it matter what you meant or didn't, your mind is made up.

You can't control people and how they go about practicing faith and religion. It's right for some.

Wow! Your just putting words in my mouth now. I have no problems with people being religious. As long as they are decent people, that is fine.

All i said is you should nor need religon to be a good person, and that is true.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove
LOL the fact that you think America is more Christian than Europe is hilarious.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: firefromabove

For centuries, European monarchs ruled with absolute power because they were "authorized" by God Himself. The will of the people was irrelevant. Even this pretense was thin because the Pope, the head of the Holy Roman Church and, thus, God's spokesperson on Earth, had only so much sway over kings and princes. Europe was wracked with wars for centuries, despite Christianity's claim to be "the religion of peace." Traditionalists romanticize history in order to justify their political beliefs. They are political beliefs, not spiritual ones. Who said "render unto Caesar?"

And that is supposedly not happening now?

Changed names..titles and hidden from view..toying with human emotions pretending they want the best for you overall.

And now that you are rid of Christianity and happy lets see how you do with Islam.

Nothing has REALLY changed in thousands of years...always fun watching the programmed bleat that it has though.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

What majority no longer believes??

Got any proof of that?

Things may have morphed but overall i think you are dead wrong..and ya its sad.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
imo the whole world should be Christian

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

The Christian White House is impressive, as it burns with lies, lies, and more lies. I'm sure Jesus is proud.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Nothing has REALLY changed in thousands of years...always fun watching the programmed bleat that it has though.

You need to get out more.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join