It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe should have never discarded its Christian identity

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

*Facepalm*
BTW You slipped up and asking me if I have ever been to an Islamic country. So you DID mean that I support and defend radical Muslims.
Thanks for playing.

Yeah and you never answered. How that means you support and defend radical muslims not even you could explain. Here's your dunce cap.
edit on 14-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Jesus H. Christ. You'll need a bigger dunce cup than what you have right now.
If you can't see that I don't support Christianity and Islam then I don't know what to tell you. Also I noticed you never replied to my post about the Bible commanding submission. I support people their right to exercise their religions. That does not mean that I "defend" their religions.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yep. A projection from pew research.

(.pdf warning)
Projection

While the overall % of unaffiliated may decline (15% in 2010 to 14.9% in 2050), the numbers are projected at roughly 100 million people increase by 2050.
edit on 1452017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wow this thread got really interesting. Don't tell me you are not loving every minute of it. I can see the pleasure.
edit on 14-5-2017 by ClovenSky because: Didn't mean to direct to terry.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yeah, it's been hilarious being told I should get back to my roots but "not them ones! Not them ones either! Just those ones that I agree with!"

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

As a poster told me in another thread, sometimes you need to just enjoy the ride.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

No point if it isn't fun.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

But Europe has given up plenty of cultures in the past. Just because your opinion thinks the shift is bad, doesn't mean it will be.

As for trading it for another religion? Nope. Atheism and agnosticism aren't religions.

Doesn't mean it won't be either.

I'm speaking of Islam. Its the fastest growing religion in Europe. Atheists and agnostics are hardly breeding. They'll be the first to disappear.
that is a flat out lie. Atheists are the fastest growing group and of course they are having kids. Do you ever go outside? More than half of the young folks i know think religion is fake and they are all having kids and have good jobs. If more atheists were comfortable enough to speak their minds i'd bet it would be close to 50% of americans. If kids were getting a proper education and weren't shamed into saying they believe in god, it would be more.
edit on 14-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

But Europe has given up plenty of cultures in the past. Just because your opinion thinks the shift is bad, doesn't mean it will be.

As for trading it for another religion? Nope. Atheism and agnosticism aren't religions.

Doesn't mean it won't be either.

I'm speaking of Islam. Its the fastest growing religion in Europe. Atheists and agnostics are hardly breeding. They'll be the first to disappear.
that is a flat out lie. Atheists are the fastest growing group and of course they are having kids. Do you ever go outside? More than half of the young folks i know think religion is fake and they are all having kids and have good jobs. If more atheists were comfortable enough to speak their minds i'd bet it would be close to 50% of americans. If kids were getting a proper education and weren't shamed into saying they believe in god, it would be more.

Are you saying atheists are cowards?

anyway

Yes I agree
Atheism is the fastest growing religion on earth, no question

Thou to clarify, I just think people who were not christian but identified as christian are not pretending they are christian anymore, also with other faiths
Thats a good thing, why pretend
edit on 14-5-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Ridicule is never fun when it becomes plural.

It ain't the loss of religion taking the spark out of the eyes of maturing people. Getting back on topic though, religion did do a lot for society, it was once a big part of society. That being said, people will always find good reasons to meet, better ways to live.

Christianity like any major religion could be a benefit for society, we actually could do with more Christians in my opinion. If you know what I mean?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove
But Europeans had to discard Christianity and traditional family values (which went a long way to help build European civilization)

They had to embrace secularism, atheism and liberalism

It's called freedom. The ability to choose. You don't get that with religion. Instead, you are forced to believe in made up things.

I will 100% reject any religion that is pushed onto me, just as any person should. If you *want* to believe in it, great, go for it. But not everyone does. And Europe is 'liberal' like that. Sure, we have issues with immigration and people coming from other cultures enforcing their beliefs.

But where in the world *doesn't* that happen?? Look - YOU are doing the same thing, but trying to tell us in Europe we should still embrace Christianity. No thanks. I'm done with make believe and living in a cave.

Are European governments being blackmailed by the Illuminati/NWO/TPTB into accepting mass immigration and forced multiculturalism?

No because the the Illuminaughty and NWO don't exist. Only in the minds of very bored people.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla
Right?! Yet everything is thanks to Christianity!

Welfare - Pagan Romans
Democracy - Greek pagans
Parliament - Norse Althing
Gender rights - Norse law
Human rights - Mesopotamia
Freedom of religion - Persia

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

Had Europe stayed Christian its society would have remained united.

That's true if the french never fought the Brits, or if the Saxons never fought the Romans, or if the Romans never fought the Gauls, or if the Germans didn't fight...you see where this is going.

Europe was never united despite Christianities majority.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Very odd.... as far as I knew we hadn't. Just became more diversified over the years... as it gets bigger so do the amounts of cultures it integrates, Christianity being just one religion of many currently freely being practiced.

DENY IGNORANCE
edit on 15-5-2017 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I am a Christian.

I also believe that you are totally, utterly and fantastically wrong about this.

First of all, the native religions of the various regions which make up Europe, were varied in both practice and origin before the Romans. Rituals were not alike, beliefs not all alike, there was vibrancy and diversity to the manner and specifics of the beliefs of pre-Roman Europeans, which is, in my opinion, understood very poorly by regular people. Perhaps cultural anthropologists have a better grasp of these things, but generally speaking the level of nuance we assume for persons of the pre-Roman period in Europe, is no where near as deep as it ought to be, more often than not.

Secondly, the Romans bringing the word of a man of peace, by way of the sword and shield, while setting up churches which gave the Roman pantheon a new lick of paint, renaming its deities saints, thereby hiding the continuing polytheism of the Romans, behind the monotheism of Christianity, and tarnishing the name of Christ by the behaviour of the legions who spread his word, was NOT a laudable act on the part of the Romans. It does no honour to Christ to have people pray to his friends and his mother, nearly as much as they do to him. The Catholic method is an abortion and a heresy against God, Christ and the Spirit, and ought to be done away with. It is to the great sorrow of any truly Christian man, that the Romans ever got further from that city than the top of what is modern Italy. Perhaps our religion would not have been spread by the most villainous, murderous wretches ever to assemble under one leadership, perhaps the name of Christ would never have been associated with the hive of total scum that has been the Vatican, or with the barbarism of the Inquisition, had those throat slitting, child murdering, toga wearing toerags stayed in their boot and left both Christianity and the rest of the world, alone.

But as I said, I am an ACTUAL Christian, not a Roman, and further to that, I actually BELIEVE in the message of Christ. I believe in healing the sick, feeding the poor, and treating all persons with the love and respect that I would have them give to me. If that means that people come to my home town and take up space, ESPECIALLY when they are only here because my nation has contributed to the suffering of theirs, I will not have a bad word to say about that.

You see, it is not Christian to be upset by immigration. It is anti-Christian. It is fascist and utterly unsupportable, and will not land you a seat in heaven. Finally, Christ was not a Conservative. Stop thinking like one, and get closer to him.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

congratulations. this may be the single dumbest post I have ever seen on here, for a vast mutitude of reasons. It's embarrassingly dumb. So, you seem to be under the impression that family values don't exist outside of christianity? is that what you're implying? Because it requires an almost stunning amount of ignorance to believe that.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm saying that in my town, being an open atheist will get you a lot of grief and could have significant repercussions when it comes to getting a job, getting a promotion, being elected to any public office, getting service from many local stores. Atheists are the least trusted demographic according to pew research polls.

Even homosexuals had to hide their identities. Would you call them cowards for avoiding actual day to day persecution?

We actually do not agree because you keep adding things to the definition of atheism. A religion is a set of beliefs. Can you tell me what atheists believe? Would you vote for an atheist for president? Would you hire an out in the open atheist?

Are christians and atheists who hide from ISIS cowards? It's a bit extreme, i know.
edit on 15-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Europe was forced into Christianity by the point of the sword.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Yes in my country it's mostly atheists who get into office
The last atheist who got into the top job was a woman, I wouldn't vote for her because she knifed her predecessor in the back.
I suspect most of our politicians are atheists, it's not even relevant in my country.
When I vote, it's about their policy, not religion, never has been

I have homosexual acquaintances, been camping in a group, I invited them, no animosity at all, none.
Not from me or from them, yes I had to gain their trust, deservedly so

As for employing atheists, christianity is rare in my country and I find most christians to be less than so, I get it.

I would not even consider a persons belief or lack thereof, if they were good at the job, hounest and relatable that's all that matters.
I have even participated in hiring people and I am tasked with finding out if they are personable and capable of working with others well.

We disagree on what makes a christian so I understand why we differ on what is an atheist

If your culture is that bad, I don't think those people are christian, but then again, if your attitude to others is like the attitude you have to christians I can understand, don't agree but understand

I don't envy you where you live, those types of "christians" sicken me

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Europe was forced into Christianity by the point of the sword.

I don't think Constantine was really working with christianity
Constantine was an empire builder, slaughtered millions, that is not what Jesus taught

Constantine did more harm to the gospel than any other man, destroyed Christianity. Europe has never been united, just subjugated by Rome

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join