It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey willing to testify before Intelligence Committee in public

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Actually on this one, it's supposed to be a 10 year appointment to keep the office bi-partisan.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Actually on this one, it's supposed to be a 10 year appointment to keep the office bi-partisan.

Spot on

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hound or not, previously political or not, he is now no longer bound to be partisan. Comey can go full on Political now.

The spin starts here.
edit on 13-5-2017 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

If what you say is true, you should be quite disappointed in Comey. He had more than enough to recommend prosecution of H. Clinton for violating mutiple sections of USC (which have been catalogued and demonstrated throughout this site). As a Law Enforcement agent, it was not within his authority to recommend or not recommend prosecution, yet he did it anyway. As icing on the cake, he felt free to add "intent" as an element of failure to protect classifed information offenses, something not in the USC. He also made sure to protect all her lieutenants, which wasn't necessary because they already had the evidence to prosecute. He was clearly implementing Loretta Lynch's directives and my hope is that he finally testifies it was under duress and at the direction of President Obama, without the ability of the politicians to hide or twist his comments.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Only one person has served their full term, over term actually, since Hoover for whom the limit was bourne of.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

Hillary's emails are in the public domain now aren't they? How many people do you suppose are combing through them? Months later and... crickets. If there's something there, I want to know. I can't stand her. I think she's vile and robbed this country of a shot a President with integrity. If Comey has something on her, I think he will spill... but I think it's Trump who will end up with his feet closer to the fire.

Not really helping your argument (which I agree with, everyone has the right to support whom they choose), by referring to all Trump (aka US President) supporters as cultists. I'm pretty sure Leftist is a term usually used when responding to posts that clearly support far Left politics...it's really nothing personal. This in reference to your request at bottom of post referenced, that doesn't show up when quoted, which implies all Trump supporters are cultists.
edit on 13-5-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Intent though!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

It was just a snipe back.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
a reply to: Kali74

If what you say is true, you should be quite disappointed in Comey. He had more than enough to recommend prosecution of H. Clinton for violating mutiple sections of USC (which have been catalogued and demonstrated throughout this site). As a Law Enforcement agent, it was not within his authority to recommend or not recommend prosecution, yet he did it anyway. As icing on the cake, he felt free to add "intent" as an element of failure to protect classifed information offenses, something not in the USC. He also made sure to protect all her lieutenants, which wasn't necessary because they already had the evidence to prosecute. He was clearly implementing Loretta Lynch's directives and my hope is that he finally testifies it was under duress and at the direction of President Obama, without the ability of the politicians to hide or twist his comments.

I agree. He may have been under duress. It sure seemed like it with all of his flip-flopping. Just speculation, but perhaps he needed to be fired to be able to come forward and speak?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

He had more than enough to recommend prosecution of H. Clinton for violating mutiple sections of USC (which have been catalogued and demonstrated throughout this site).

My understanding is that there are only three possible violations and that they would be very weak cases if charges were brought. Not to mention every Secretary of State before her since the internet may have to be charged as well.
edit on 5/13/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I actually don't see what good can come of this for Comey. He's not going to bury himself.

He's either going to resort to lawyer-talk, which always amounts to never saying anything concrete; or plead the 5th.

He's too connected to Clinton & Obama with regards to positions and money to bury them.

It will just be another sh!t-show.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
When you have nothing to hide this is how you behave.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

He didn't get fired because he's a media clown.
Trump has already told us why he was fired. Because this Rusher (I laugh every time they run that tape) trump thing is a made up story as an excuse for a lost election.
Trump will blame this summer's hurricanes on the democrats losing if he can...
Good to see you're towing the company line though.
LOL lots of jokes here.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Your scenarios so far should all start once upon a time.
They're bizzare and ridiculously unlikely.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
When you have nothing to hide this is how you behave.

Indeed, it is the measure of a moral standard to be accountable and transparent for one's actions, and Comey wanting to appear in a public forum is a big tick in my book. Other public servants have conducted themselves by avoiding the public at all costs and this also is a moral standard, albeit a very poor one.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

One . That's how many presidents he's worked for before this. Obama. Now trump. Now not trump.
Just saying...

No he's not a media hound. That's just trump doing his trumpy thing cutting down anyone he views as an enemy. ( not even opponent...enemy)

He's a very humble modest man. Ghandi when compared to trump.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

He didn't get fired because he's a media clown.
Trump has already told us why he was fired. Because this Rusher (I laugh every time they run that tape) trump thing is a made up story as an excuse for a lost election.
Trump will blame this summer's hurricanes on the democrats losing if he can...
Good to see you're towing the company line though.
LOL lots of jokes here.

I never tow the company line in case you didnt know im very critical of Trump. But that aside doesnt change the facts. This Russia thing was made up to hide the fact that the Obama admin was using the NSA to spy on their opponents. Rice admitted she did after lying saying she didnt. The only excuse they could have for spying is if they can convince fools they were investigating Russian spies working with these people. Its bogus people give Russians to much credit but i know they are ecstatic that everyone believes they could.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Perfectenemy

Your scenarios so far should all start once upon a time.
They're bizzare and ridiculously unlikely.

Maybe. I was spot on 3 times in a row now though.
Don't you find it at least a little bit suspicious that Comey just didn't ran to every news outlet he could find after he was fired? He knows he has to implicate himself if he wants to spill the beans. I predict that his testimony will not hurt Trump in the slightest.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Swills

2. The answer is two presidents. Also worked for the Clinton foundation.

The only references I can find connecting Comey and the clinton foundation are info wars, snopes, and Breitbart.

I'm doubtful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join