It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey willing to testify before Intelligence Committee in public

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

Conspicuously ousted FBI Director James Comey has yet to comment on his sudden dismissal by the President, but he'd apparently be happy to chat with some senators as long as it's out in the open.

Comey was invited to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in a session closed off from the public on Tuesday, a spokesperson for Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr told The Hill.

I was bummed when I heard the invitation extended to Comey by the Senate Intelligence Committee was to be a closed meeting. Then Comey rejected the offer and I figured he was done but now here he is ready to talk but only if it's in a forum for all to witness! Just awesome!

Comey in the spotlight yet again will infuriate Trump!

+12 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.nydailynews.com...

Conspicuously ousted FBI Director James Comey has yet to comment on his sudden dismissal by the President, but he'd apparently be happy to chat with some senators as long as it's out in the open.

Comey was invited to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in a session closed off from the public on Tuesday, a spokesperson for Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr told The Hill.

I was bummed when I heard the invitation extended to Comey by the Senate Intelligence Committee was to be a closed meeting. Then Comey rejected the offer and I figured he was done but now here he is ready to talk but only if it's in a forum for all to witness! Just awesome!

And this is the reason he got fired hes a media hound. In the past no one even knew who the FBI director was but he turned it into a public spectacle. He is becoming more famous than Hoover the last publicity hound director. If he was doing his job correctly we wouldn't know who he is and his investigators would handle it.
edit on 5/13/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.nydailynews.com...

It is awesome if he does, though I don't think it will be Trump he is infuriating.....the only ones he has infuriated so far were all the hypocritical [SNIPPED] screaming for his head because he lost their dog the election, then when he actually gets fired they lose it again for the opposite reason.

I would love it if he would speak in a public forum. The only person in this entire shenanigan that has something to worry about is Hillary....
edit on Sat May 13 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Called it again. Hey Swills you shouldn't be too happy if he does what i think he is going to do. Trumps plan worked. Get comfy this is it folks.

Trump wanted this. It's obvious that it was all a ruse to get both parties riled up. They tend to don't think clearly when they are blinded by emotions.

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Lmao! He's a media hound? The man has been working for how many presidents up until this point and all the sudden he's a media hound? No, the snowflake that is Trump calls him that because he's a spoiled brat and wants ALL the media attention. Stop parroting Trump and his ilk and think for yourself.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

2. The answer is two presidents. Also worked for the Clinton foundation.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh no, Trump is gonna be pissed! First of all, he wants this Russian investigation to away and second, Trump has already demonstrated he's the only one he wants the spot light to be on.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

And how many times before Trump took office has Comey been accused of hogging the spotlight? The answer is zero because presidents have more things to worry about than this kind of trivial nonsense.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Trump doesn't have a plan. You think he has a plan but he doesn't. Trump does not at all want this and I'm sure he'll be voicing his concern soon enough once he's told about it via Morning Joe.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I just love how Liberals complain when they got what they asked for (the sacking of Comey).

Their entire narrative is a laugh, hes a homophobe, a racist, a sexist and when that didn't work now they play the Russian card.

Get over it he's your president

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Hmmm, in a different set of scenarios, would he still have a job under a HRC presidency?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'm glad. He seems like a decent bi-partisan guy, it's too bad about all the lies Trump and his administration told about him to excuse his firing only for Trump to admit it was about the Russia investigation all along. Or maybe Trump couldn't handle Comey's rejection of a loyalty pledge. Luckily Comey has had people come out on his behalf, blowing apart Trumps rhetoric.

I'm starting to think that just maybe, we are about to witness the actions of a true patriot, someone loyal to the Republic... not a person or a party.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Will you still feel that way if it is information you don't like or want to hear?

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Good for him. I hope he ups his personal security. The Russians might do another JFK.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I want to hear truth no matter what it is. Doesn't everyone?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I welcome anything he has to say about his dismissal, Trump or anything else that's on his mind. Without hearing what he has to say we can only speculate as to what's on his mind and this is frustrating for me as I prefer to have a reference when discussing this topic (of his dismissal).

IMO, this is his opportunity to publicly vindicate himself.....or hang himself, so I look forward to hearing directly from him.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I want to hear truth no matter what it is. Doesn't everyone?

I would certainly hope so.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Hillary's emails are in the public domain now aren't they? How many people do you suppose are combing through them? Months later and... crickets. If there's something there, I want to know. I can't stand her. I think she's vile and robbed this country of a shot a President with integrity. If Comey has something on her, I think he will spill... but I think it's Trump who will end up with his feet closer to the fire.

Can you Leftists

Can you Cultists stop acting like not being a Trump supporter is blasphemy?
edit on 5/13/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Hmmm, in a different set of scenarios, would he still have a job under a HRC presidency?

I'm 100% positive that he would not be FBI director under Hillary either. Presidents like to pick a new person for the role when they come in.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join