It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liberal Democrats Would Legalise Selling and Growing Cannabis if Elected

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wait, wait, wait, they got 8 years to do just that and now they need to get elected again to do it?

Darn writing that law to legalized Cannabis most be very difficult or they need to find better writers and a president that will sign it.

Right?

8 darn years and Obama could not even do it by executive order?

Yeah, right.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Seriously folks the lib dems are so far up the EUs rear they'll say anything.
Do any of you expect the council of ministers to ok the legalisation of pot?

jeez, put the bong down and think about it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Wait, wait, wait, they got 8 years to do just that and now they need to get elected again to do it?

Darn writing that law to legalized Cannabis most be very difficult or they need to find better writers and a president that will sign it.

Right?

8 darn years and Obama could not even do it by executive order?

Yeah, right.

ANOTHER fail post who didn't read the article in the OP! Lol. Nice. I'll give you a hint: Wrong country.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Darn the liberal madness is infesting me this days too.

Time to walk backwards in to the sea and do a cleansing with Santeria and brujeria.

Calling Shango, Yemaja and Oshun.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Nice! Meanwhile here in the US we are bringing back mandatory minimums and the people who used to be for small government are all celebrating.

Give it a rest already chicken little!
You're worse than Maddow!

Don't be fooled OP!
These American liberals promised this same thing 8 years ago but ended up convicting more people for cannabis than the previous administration.

Judging From Prosecutions, Obama Is 80 Percent Worse Than Bush on Medical Marijuana

Source

Don't trust anything a liberal tells you!
British or American they are so full of s**** anymore it's a surprise they all don't have brown eyes.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Nice! Meanwhile here in the US we are bringing back mandatory minimums and the people who used to be for small government are all celebrating.

Give it a rest already chicken little!
You're worse than Maddow!

I must be doing something right if I'm making you uncomfortable. So I think I'll continue. Thanks for the support.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Don't trust anything a liberal tells you!
British or American they are so full of s**** anymore it's a surprise they all don't have brown eyes.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Why should we be any different to Spain ?

Cannabis in Spain is illegal for commercial purposes, but decriminalized for personal cultivation and use, and other purposes other than sale or trade.
en.wikipedia.org...

It's also legal to use in Norway and Portugal.

edit on 12-5-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

It's not that they would back-pedal, it's that the alcohol money would be pulled from them.

It's going to be much harder now that the AG is re-declaring the war on drugs.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If it actually came to fruition in the UK because of the liberal Democrats, you better believe the ones over here would take notice.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

The Dems didn't have a majority in the house and congress for the last 6 years. The GOP did everything they could to stonewall Obama and they were successful.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: SprocketUK

Why should we be any different to Spain ?

Cannabis in Spain is illegal for commercial purposes, but decriminalized for personal cultivation and use, and other purposes other than sale or trade.
en.wikipedia.org...

It's also legal to use in Norway and Portugal.

The only thing the lib dems will bring to the UK from Spain and Portugal is the youth unemployment rate and the migrant trouble from Norway too.

Hell, if they get their wish you'll have to get stoned just to stop yourself wanting to slit your wrists.
Lying elitist scum all of them.
Do the world a favour and ban them like the Nazi party

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

They had the presidency for 8 years and a majority in congress yet they failed to even get it rescheduled a s a prescribable medication, let alone recreational use.

Their record speaks for itself. They are full of it.

This is in regards to the UK not the USA.

At least hit the goddamn link in the OP before responding...

And my post was ABOUT THE AMERICAN LIBS.

PLEASE TAKE A COURSE IN ELEMENTARY READING COMPREHENSION BEFORE MAKING MORE OF A FOOL OF YOURSELF.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Move to UK and smoke all you want

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I've been for small wise govt and I still am.

The reason I'm not mindlessly defending the crap going down is because I believe in and maintain principles that apply no matter who is in power.

But hey, I'm a rare breed.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

They had the presidency for 8 years and a majority in congress yet they failed to even get it rescheduled a s a prescribable medication, let alone recreational use.

Their record speaks for itself. They are full of it.

This is in regards to the UK not the USA.

At least hit the goddamn link in the OP before responding...

And my post was ABOUT THE AMERICAN LIBS.

PLEASE TAKE A COURSE IN ELEMENTARY READING COMPREHENSION BEFORE MAKING MORE OF A FOOL OF YOURSELF.

Sometimes you just gotta admit we all make mistakes, including yourself, and move on.

Getting so upset EVERYTHING IS IN CAPS makes everything worse. It exacerbates the wound.

We should all deny arrogance. Including you.
edit on 5/12/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Promises promises. In Amerika it depends who i$ lobbying the be$t.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

So we are not allowed to compare and contrast various countries political takes on things?

That will come as a shock to Gortex and others who regularly participate in american politcal threads, frequently interjecting how it relates to their own country's politics.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

That's what I get for not clicking on and reading the article. This is about the UK. My apologies

Yes, but in our current time "Liberals" and "Progressives" are starting to put distance between each other.

Look at Clinton, Obama, Pelosi, DWS -- and then look at "Sanders, Warren, Tulsi Gabbard."

They are at odds with each other on some key issues like decriminalization of Cannabis, money in politics, foreign intervention wars, etc.

edit on 12-5-2017 by Gumerk because: clarification and Roll Tide

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Yes but will they legalize growing hemp for paper, cloth, oil, fuel, etc ... without all the chemical additives and pesticides required by competing crops.

Recreational use doesn't concern capitalists as it helps with the dumbing down of the population. I'm not casting aspertions, I think weed is much preferable to alcohol, but all the same it dampens the brain circuits for motivation and drive basically creating passivity.

Among heavy marijuana using adults, neurocognitive deficits are apparent for several days following use, but may disappear after one month of abstinence. Studies of adolescent heavy users have identified impairments in learning and working memory up to six weeks after cessation, suggesting persisting effects, yet raise the possibility that abnormalities may remit with a longer duration of abstinence.

A growing body of research has attempted to identify the neurocognitive effects of chronic marijuana use in adults, and the findings have been somewhat inconsistent. Adults who use marijuana chronically have demonstrated poorer performance on tests of learning and memory, attention, visuospatial skills, processing speed, and executive functions [5-11]. However, some investigations have found no performance decrements among heavy cannabis users [12-15]. A meta-analysis examined 11 studies that met strict inclusion criteria, and ascribed impaired learning and memory to chronic marijuana consumption, but determined that other cognitive domains remain unaffected [16].

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join