It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liberal Democrats Would Legalise Selling and Growing Cannabis if Elected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: BestinShow

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: gortex

They had the presidency for 8 years and a majority in congress yet they failed to even get it rescheduled a s a prescribable medication, let alone recreational use.

Their record speaks for itself. They are full of it.

This is in regards to the UK not the USA.

At least hit the goddamn link in the OP before responding...

And my post was ABOUT THE AMERICAN LIBS.

PLEASE TAKE A COURSE IN ELEMENTARY READING COMPREHENSION BEFORE MAKING MORE OF A FOOL OF YOURSELF.

Sometimes you just gotta admit we all make mistakes, including yourself, and move on.

Getting so upset EVERYTHING IS IN CAPS makes everything worse. It exacerbates the wound.

We should all deny arrogance. Including you.

Or you could say Qtip..................Quit......Taking........It.......Personally.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So far it's all talk and usually politicians do the opposite of what they say so I'm not hopping on board yet but I do like the idea. Only thing I dislike is the social club thing, sounds like a trap to get people arrested for DUI.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Man you guys really hate Liberal Eh , no matter which side of the pond.
Don't know about making America great Trump seems to be making America miserable and cynical , if nobody floats the idea as a serious option then how will it ever happen.

The Liberal Democrats won't get into power but they may raise their vote with this idea , they are also raising the topic for serious discussion and with many Chief Constables in favour the momentum for decriminalisation could increase , all that extra tax revenue at a time of Brexit ... tempting.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
....and do away with the Constitution . Not a good swap

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yeaaa that's what's they said about Obammer ... just like You can keep your doctor, Mexico pays for the wall...

"If I'm elected to student body president free ice cream for everyone !"

Lol!

Just appealing to the naive millennial probbaly... seeing the medical scene blossom in my state i imagine being a middle schooler again what a differnt world ..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I like it occasionally but it's not a big enough part of my life that I'd vote for somebody on that basis.

The lib dems proved they were neither liberal or democratic by proposing to deny the electorate the vote on Brexit, that cost them massively and rightfully so. Like every other party they just want power, their pitch might differ but it's still just a bunch of arseholes with inflated salaries and an unwavering belief in their own self importance.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

We don't have a Constitution in the UK.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Your NHS is going under. Bits being privatised. It affects everyone in your country.

Vote Labour and save the NHS. Vote Tory and strengthen the military.

Vote LibDem and get stoned.

One looks like a wasted vote

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

If Brexit goes wrong a vote for the LibDems stoner policy may not be a bad idea , the NHS has faced problems for years and part privatisation was started under Blair's Labour government through its PFI initiative.

I can't in all good conscience vote Labour or Tory so if I do vote it will be for the party who are offering something I believe in.

As someone who wasn't going to vote two of the options look like wasted votes to me.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

LibDems for protest vote.

I vote Liberal back in Canada.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

LibDems for protest vote.

I vote Liberal back in Canada.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Another reason not to vote for them.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

Not protest just agreement with an open minded policy , many police chiefs in this country would support such a move as it will free up time and resources wasted on policing the unpoliceable allowing them to concentrate on the real menace of hard drugs.
Perhaps such a policy would help people move away from the far bigger problem we have in this country which is alcohol and the pressures that puts on the NHS and police.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Nice! Meanwhile here in the US we are bringing back mandatory minimums and the people who used to be for small government are all celebrating.

Give it a rest already chicken little!
You're worse than Maddow!

Don't be fooled OP!
These American liberals promised this same thing 8 years ago but ended up convicting more people for cannabis than the previous administration.

Judging From Prosecutions, Obama Is 80 Percent Worse Than Bush on Medical Marijuana

Source

Don't trust anything a liberal tells you!
British or American they are so full of s**** anymore it's a surprise they all don't have brown eyes.

Who on the left in the US said they would federally legalize pot 8 years ago? There was a rumor that Obama would during the 2008 election but he put that to rest in a interview before winning the election.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilverOwls

Your NHS is going under. Bits being privatised. It affects everyone in your country.

Vote Labour and save the NHS. Vote Tory and strengthen the military.

Vote LibDem and get stoned.

One looks like a wasted vote

Legalizing a huge industry and bringing it out of the black market would greatly help the economy

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Interesting.

Of course, they would have to announce a game changing policy to try and claw back the disastrous losses they suffered as a result of their collusion with the Tory party from 2010 to 2015, losses they deserved to suffer, given that their agreement to involve themselves with the Tories in any small way, was a stab in the back to everyone who voted for them, and can be seen as nothing else.

This seems to me, to be an attempt to regain some relevance. And I have no doubt that for some voters, this will work, and it is utterly understandable. Unfortunately, I also think, given the recent history of the party, that it is somewhat brazen, and not at all a result of genuine belief in the policy on the part of those who concocted it. I think the Liberal Democrats have been forced to pull something unusual and interesting to a vast portion of the electorate, because they desperately need more than eight or nine MPs, which is, if I have my understanding of the situation down correctly, the current state of affairs for that party. They, of course, cannot hope to win this election, but they can certainly use cunning and guile to re-establish themselves as a significant entity in parliament, which they currently are not, as a result of their betrayal of the British electorate.

This is very annoying to me personally for two reasons. First, I happen to believe in the legalisation of the substance referred (or is that reefered) to, and because when I last voted for that party, my back was one of those which was perforated by the blade of their betrayal. They are using an issue I care deeply about, to lever themselves back into a position they do not deserve, and frankly, I think that is disgusting.

The most disgusting thing about it, is that it may well work for them in some limited capacity.

And here we come to the crux of the issue. I want weed legalised, for many reasons, from the economic potential it represents, to the reduction in otherwise innocent people being sent to prison over a substance which is less of a problem in society than alcohol or tobacco ever are. But I do not want that victory at any cost, and I believe that allowing a party to use the issue to claw back losses it deserved and still deserves to suffer from, would be a cost too great, even if they had a chance of winning and legalising the stuff next time at the ballot box.

I cannot see this as anything other than a callous manipulation, by a party of chameleons, a party of weak willed, wishy washy glory seekers, looking for status, not for progress. I will keep my vote in the Labour camp, because at least I know for a fact that the leader of that party, and the elements of the party which support him, actually believe in their policy, have done for decades, and are not just creating a manifesto which they believe will garner the most votes. Their beliefs are solid, defined, and real.

I cannot say the same for the Liberal Democrats.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Gothmog

We don't have a Constitution in the UK.

We kinda-sorta do. One of the issues with Brexit was that the ECA 1972 had already been identified as constitutional in nature (specifically addressed in the Metric Martyrs case) and therefore immune from implied repeal - hence the requirement for Parliament to vote specifically on the matter after the referendum had been held.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
A vote for the lib dems may or may not be for legalisation of cannabis, it will definitely be a vote for politicians to lie through their teeth without either shame or censure.

I can't believe anyone is so dumb that they believe anything they say or so enslaved they think they deserve support.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Well... yes and no.

We have no one, singular document, headed "The Constitution of the United Kingdom of Great Britain". However, what we have instead is three fundamental documents, which underpin all existing law in this country. Those are the Petition to The Bill of Rights, the Bill of Rights itself, and Magna Carta.

These documents between them, lay out the rights of the citizen, the powers which the Monarch can and cannot wield, and a whole host of other codifications. Together, these documents operate as our constitutional documents, at least, that is my understanding of these things.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

A vote for the lib dems may or may not be for legalisation of cannabis, it will definitely be a vote for politicians to lie through their teeth without either shame or censure.

They will do that regardless of political affiliation.
I believe the word Politician is ancient Greek and means He who lies a lot.

I can't believe anyone is so dumb that they believe anything they say or so enslaved they think they deserve support.

If you follow politics you know the Lib Dems or Liberals as was have long been for decriminalisation of the Erb , it's in their DNA.
At some point it will happen , why not now.

Vote yellow get Green.

edit on 13-5-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join