It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liberal Democrats Would Legalise Selling and Growing Cannabis if Elected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well aint that a game changer , the Lib Dems have confirmed that if elected they would decriminalise Cannabis and their plan will be in their upcoming manifesto.

The party would allow licensed shops to sell the drug to over-18s, let people grow cannabis at home and introduce small "cannabis social clubs".
www.bbc.co.uk...

Of course they won't be elected but at least a main stream party is finally openly advocating the common sense approach to a recreational drug used by millions in this country illegally.

I had planned not to vote in this coming election but I find it difficult not to give my vote to a party that is finally talking sense.

edit on 12-5-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The aemrican libs had the presidency for 8 years and a majority in congress yet they failed to even get it rescheduled a s a prescribable medication, let alone recreational use.

Their record speaks for itself. They are full of it.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Even if, in some fluke where a reality changing witch was bribed and they managed to get elected they would back peddle on this in an instant. We ALL know what this is and it a desperate move in hopes of getting young people to sign up and vote for them. Like I said before I'm a labour voter and while I'm not voting for labour this time around, thank you Corbyn and will probably give my vote to a smaller party (NOT SNP!!!) the Lib Dems are throwing everything at the wall and hoping to see what sticks.

As someone who suffers with anxiety and OCD behaviour I'd love for weed to be made legal in this country from what I've seen it would help me and others (who suffer with other things) untold but the Lib Dems would back peddle on this quicker than you can say Tuition Fees lol

+2 more 
posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

This is about the British Lib Dems.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think they will say anything to get elected. Oh, they will try (hardly), introduce legislation (with strings attached). Then when it comes time to vote on it, darn it, they just can't get enough votes to pass. "we were this close, if you just elect us next time we will get it passed for sure....." Next time comes around, same song and dance. Most will have their campaigns financed by the jail-for-profit, pharma, police so there will be strings to their votes.

This is all theory until proven fact.

+7 more 
posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

They had the presidency for 8 years and a majority in congress yet they failed to even get it rescheduled a s a prescribable medication, let alone recreational use.

This is in regards to the UK not the USA.

At least hit the goddamn link in the OP before responding...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Even if, in some fluke where a reality changing witch was bribed and they managed to get elected they would back peddle on this in an instant.

I don't think they would , privately they've been advocated this for years but now with the success of decriminalisation that's happened in America it's time to bring it to the fore.
Other countries are moving in that direction too , it's a common sense approach to a problem that shouldn't be a problem .

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

www.cambridge-news.co.uk...

'I'm too boring to have smoked cannabis'

This is the problem as I see it. Smoking cannabis is promoted as something exciting. Not smoking is seen as "boring". This, along with the cannabis promoting clothing and music culture, is pushing kids into smoking weed. Do they need any pushing? For many years the kids have been able to access stronger, cheaper and easier to obtain cannabis than anyone my age can easily get hold of.

CBD rich strains are hopefully the thing of the future. Getting totally smashed is only helpfull to those who want the young people to be easily influenced.
edit on 12 5 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I hope you guys have better luck than we did. We're going backwards over here.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Same could be said for alcohol which is freely available , kids are always going to look for a way of getting smashed , remember glue ?
I'm sure dealers would still be targeted just the average person wouldn't be persecuted for their recreational choice.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well the dems are good at making promises they can't keep. If they wanted to legalize it, it would've already been done.

ETA: Didn't know you were referring to the Brits. I revoke my statement.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If they get on the CBD bandwagon I'll back them. Otherwise it's just more Soma.

www.huxley.net...

"Swallowing half an hour before closing time, that second dose of soma had raised a quite impenetrable wall between the actual universe and their minds."

cbdcrew.org...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I still remember how they'd get rid of tuition fees. Then tripled them.

They'd probably set up death camps for pot heads.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

They had the presidency for 8 years and a majority in congress yet they failed to even get it rescheduled a s a prescribable medication, let alone recreational use.

This is in regards to the UK not the USA.

At least hit the goddamn link in the OP before responding...

LAAAAAWL

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
so would libertarians

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Nice! Meanwhile here in the US we are bringing back mandatory minimums and the people who used to be for small government are all celebrating.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The aemrican libs had the presidency for 8 years and a majority in congress yet they failed to even get it rescheduled a s a prescribable medication, let alone recreational use.

This post wins the "FAIL" award of the thread. Lol. Way to not read the link in the OP.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It'll be interesting to see if any of your other parties jump on board with this.

Legalizing marijuana seems to have become the new "kissing babies" meme for politicians now.

Let's watch and see how many more skallywags figure it out for themselves.... watching politicians climbing over top of one another to grab at the brass ring.

Kodak moments indeed.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Locally grown outdoor product encourages local creativity. THC rich product grown by vietnamese slaves encourages detachment from reality. This is something interested politicians should pay attention to.

My most deleted yet existing thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.yelp.com...

edit on 12 5 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Libertarians had that idea first, and no one ever pays them any attention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join