It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking....Trump's AG he tried to scapgoat threatened to resign

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I mean, this whole thing is silly.

If you are to believe that Comey was studiously investigating Trump, and now has bee ousted for political reasons, why has there been zero conviction since what? June? Correct me if I'm wrong on the month.

Nothing to see here but a black hole bs.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

He's already failed. Now we need a president. This nightmare needs to go.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Trump's political organization is being investigated.

To obstruct justice can be any attempt by someone to interfere with a Government investigation.

In fact if you even lie to an FBI agent you've Committed a crime

Of course it has to be adjudicated in a court room or as in the case of a president he has to be impeached.
So logic tells you Trump fired Comey because of what he did to Hillary?

All the reports coming out say Trump lied.

It’s not a slam dunk because Trump's intent has to be gauged

Did he fire Comey for the reason that he claimed he did or did he fire Comey to influence his investigation

link   

originally posted by: wakeupstupid

Ludicrous Online Lies, by the Mainstream Media, is there a forum like that to send this to? There should be one...

There's not a server large enough to hold all the Mainstream Media's Fake News, my friend.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: yuppa

Trump used that excuse to fire Comey. His actual intent and reason for firing him was to compromise his actions in the Russian investigation.

You lefties crack me up... this is what I think evey-time when Russia is mentioned.

edit on 10-5-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wakeupstupid

It might not be anything there but you know the old maxim:

The cover-up is usually worse than the crime.

Trump should just leave the investigation alone and stop interfering.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Easy question should yield an easy answer.

Does any investigations currently being held by the FBI stop when Comey leaves?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

You're totally wrong. Nixon was busted for obstruction of justice, not the burglary.

The tape where he tried to get Richard Helms, the then CIA director to intervene in the FBI investigation to stop it by saying the burglary had something to do with the bay of Pigs

read you history

Trump hasnt stopped the investigation so how is it obstruction? Comey had a person under him and most likely will step in until a new head is appointed.

Ah yes...the one that has a wife that got half a million from a Clinton donor for a political campaign while he was investigating Clinton....not sure he will stick around long, if at all.

I believe he is actually under an active investigation that is tied to the one Hillary is still under since Comey reopened it just before elections.
edit on 5/10/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Not Russia...Russia...Russia

Trump...Trump...Trump

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So it’s fake news when you don’t like it and not fake news when it supports your assumptions and beliefs

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: carewemust
Can somebody point me to this Deputy Attorney General letter that people in the media were discussing today? I didn't catch much of what they were saying.

Guessing you're talking about these?
Comey firing letters - all 3

YES..those are the letters. Thank-you! Which dimwits in the media are saying that the Assistant Attorney General DID NOT recommend James Comey's removal? It's right there in Rosenstein's last paragraph!

But it is a rather lengthy letter. Perhaps the MSM doesn't have sufficient attention span to read beyond a couple of paragraphs. Not surprising, is it.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Can somebody point me to this Deputy Attorney General letter that people in the media were discussing today? I didn't catch much of what they were saying.

Guessing you're talking about these?
Comey firing letters - all 3

YES..those are the letters. Thank-you! Which dimwits in the media are saying that the Assistant Attorney General DID NOT recommend James Comey's removal? It's right there in Rosenstein's last paragraph!

But it is a rather lengthy letter. Perhaps the MSM doesn't have sufficient attention span to read beyond a couple of paragraphs. Not surprising, is it.

I haven't expected "journalists" to do anything but copy and paste what others tweet in a long time. To believe they even read the letters is very very hard for me.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

But it's Russia that's getting all the attention.... not Trump....

The MSM is a joke when they dont get their way..... Russia...Russia...Russia...

seriously funny... I don't how David Muir keeps a straight face lol....

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Just because he didn’t succeed in stopping the investigation doesn’t mean he didn’t still try therefore may be guilty of obstruction of justice.

As I said it all depends on whether one believes the incredible fabrication that Trump fired him because he didn’t like the Hillary investigation and that he followed his deputy Attorney Generals suggestion. Trump’s not stupid he hid his intent.

His DEPUTY AG ACCORDING TO THIS STORY WAS SO PISSED THAT THEY BLAMED IT ALL ON HIM THAT HE THREATENED TO RESIGN

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

Trump's political organization is being investigated.

Not Trump

To obstruct justice can be any attempt by someone to interfere with a Government investigation.

Trump isn't interfering with the investigation, he is managing personnel where there WAS a well documented majority bipartisan stance he made the right choice

In fact if you even lie to an FBI agent you've Committed a crime

Funny, it's not a crime for an FBI agent to lie to you. Being as Trump has gone public stating the FBI director informed him HE was not under investigation, and also considering the FIRED the person who was, immediately.

Of course it has to be adjudicated in a court room

Which so far has not happened, and all this public leaking comes WITHOUT evidence attached.

or as in the case of a president he has to be impeached.
So logic tells you Trump fired Comey because of what he did to Hillary?

Actually he lied about Huma, not Hillary, whether he intended to or not. He is the FBI Director, who made a ridiculously wrong statement to Congress. I mean, if you were in that seat wouldn't you at least prepare with the facts? How could you get something to INCREDIBLY wrong?

All the reports coming out say Trump lied.

Reports? You mean biased news agencies 'reporting' anonymous sources claims? WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE with the claims? It's really that simple.

It’s not a slam dunk because Trump's intent has to be gauged

Possession is 9/10 of the law, not intent. Where is the evidence? Possess THAT for us please, anonymous sources...

Did he fire Comey for the reason that he claimed he did or did he fire Comey to influence his investigation

Can he fire Comey? Yes. We elected him to have that authority. Case closed.

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The media is lying.

I can see Rosenstein perhaps saying, "I would rather my letter and recommendation have not been included in the dismissal letter", but I doubt he threatened to quit or any such thing as that.

Face it friends. Cleaning up the filth and corruption that has plagued D.C. for a long long time is going to get messy, and the ones that have benefitted from the status quo of corruption, especially the leftwing media, will play dirty hardball as the swamp drains.
edit on 10-5-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

It might not be anything there but you know the old maxim:

The cover-up is usually worse than the crime.

Trump should just leave the investigation alone and stop interfering.

Again, managing personnel is not interfering...

In fact, Comey was clearly left biased. Something you DON'T was in the justice system.

The person now overseeing that investigation is bipartisanly confirmed like over 90-6 and praised for his integrity and bipartisanship...

Seriously, if Trump wanted to cover anything up he had a better chance of accusing Comey of politics than putting this guy in charge. Again, that alludes to there being evidence, which there is none, so it's all a moot point and an exercise in idiocy to continue this discussion.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

So it’s fake news when you don’t like it and not fake news when it supports your assumptions and beliefs

When it's baseless and from an anonymous source, cited on a politically biased news source it would still be believable... with Evidence..

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Richard Nixon was impeached for committing multiple infractions...like Bill Clinton was.

Here's what James Comey said about the investigation, as it relates to President Trump, on 3/20/2017.

""I’ve been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election,” Comey said in testimony before the House Intelligence Committee.

“That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”"

Source: www.theatlantic.com...

If President Trump had summarily removed James Comey, without any recommendation from his Attorney General, on March 21st, it would have been suspicious. But we're now 45 days past Comey's statement.

Time to get over Hillary's loss, Willtell.

edit on 5/10/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Just because he didn’t succeed in stopping the investigation doesn’t mean he didn’t still try therefore may be guilty of obstruction of justice.

As I said it all depends on whether one believes the incredible fabrication that Trump fired him because he didn’t like the Hillary investigation and that he followed his deputy Attorney Generals suggestion. Trump’s not stupid he hid his intent.

His DEPUTY AG ACCORDING TO THIS STORY WAS SO PISSED THAT THEY BLAMED IT ALL ON HIM THAT HE THREATENED TO RESIGN

The source about the AG was anonymous, with no evidence. Throw that out to the garbage unless some is presented. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying right now it's speculation, and therefore pointless.

In fact, all you've said is speculation without fact. Your sources are anonymous or biased, and completely lacking any proof.

An exercise in futility if you won't even admit that. Carry on then...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join