It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC refuse to air Trump’s ad over 'fake news' claim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Something I was unaware of was the refusal of ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, to air the video of Trump's first 100 days.. The problem with the add was there was a FAKE NEWS line in the video. I can not remember something like this ever happening.. But maybe it has I just don't know ?

If Trump wanted to play hard ball as the president of the United States and a true dictator (Turkey comes to mind) he would pull their broadcasting license.. Which has happened in several countries I have passed through along with jailed journalist or worse..

Several national television networks in the United States have refused to air President Donald Trump’s advertisement praising the accomplishments of his first 100 days in office.

ABC, CBS and NBC joined CNN in declining to show the advert, dubbed “America is Winning,” which touts the president’s achievements since his January 20 inauguration, but also criticizes the news media for unfair coverage.

The advert features famous anchors -- Andrea Mitchell of NBC, Scott Pelley of CBS, George Stephanopoulos of ABC, Wolf Blitzer of CNN and Rachel Maddow of MSNBC – whose faces are superimposed over the words “Fake News.”

www.presstv.ir...
The video in question
youtu.be...

Lara Trump reacts after CNN refuses to air campaign ad
youtu.be...

+10 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

1st amendment re-written by Media: its now called "Freedom from speech" : Nothing else but "left side story" shall be aired.

+14 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I see no problem with this. They are independent entities who can choose to air what they please. The fact that the ad's contain slander against them is very good reason to refuse to air it.

But, of course, the Trumpets will come in and claim that the left is censoring blah blah blah and someone has already called for their media licenses to be taken. Very fascist of you I must say.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

LOL post of the day so far !

+1 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I see no problem with this. They are independent entities who can choose to air what they please. The fact that the ad's contain slander against them is very good reason to refuse to air it.

But, of course, the Trumpets will come in and claim that the left is censoring blah blah blah and someone has already called for their media licenses to be taken. Very fascist of you I must say.

Do you seriously not see the problem with airing half the story behind things? That in itself is fascism. Deliberately misleading the public by not printing certain aspects of the story.

AND NO I AM NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Maybe because it's a constructed PR 'spin' piece, with a added kick to the nuts for any not on the trumpwagon.

And not actual news.

+9 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988

Do you seriously not see the problem with airing half the story behind things? That in itself is fascism. Deliberately misleading the public by not printing certain aspects of the story.

What "half the story"? It's a bloody ADVERTISEMENT that slanders the very channels that Trump wants it aired on. They have EVERY RIGHT to refuse to air it.

They certainly aren't "airing half the story behind things" mate, it's an ADVERTISEMENT not a news article.

Are you seriously confusing an ADVERTISEMENT with a news article?

edit on 9/5/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Creating an ad that's negative to the networks so that when they don't air it he can use it as talking point is a very Trump move.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I would think that any channel would reject an ad from Kelloggs, Ford, or anything that called them fake, even if it was just thrown in at the end. Also trying to figure out why there is a full on "two weeks before election-style" campaign video, put out by the campaign itself 3 years before the Primaries, and nearly 3.5 years before the general election. Usually when I see a "Thank you" video for a candidate its from a Super PAC. Like the one in March from the American Action Network thanking Republicans for fighting for the healthcare bill.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Well you can turn that around and say the commercial itself is deliberately misleading the public. Why advertise only half of the story ?

Where are all the screwups ?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Well you can turn that around and say the commercial itself is deliberately misleading the public. Why advertise only half of the story ?

Then the media should refuse to run McDonalds restaurant commercials.
Those ads show happy people getting the order just like they wanted it.

The other half of the story not shown....
Some teenage moron asking three times whether the order is 'for here or to go' then getting it wrong, cold french fries and condiments that you didn't want on the outside of the bun.

edit on b000000312017-05-09T05:14:52-05:0005America/ChicagoTue, 09 May 2017 05:14:52 -0500500000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Btw. If things are going that well, like in the commercial, why is it even necessary to advertise it ?
And why is Fox News not among those fake media ?
Just more partisan propaganda horse#

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Some teenage moron asking three times whether the order is 'for here or to go' then getting it wrong, cold french fries and condiments that you didn't want on the outside of the bun.

So you agree that its completely up to the msm what advertisement to run (you admit that it is an advertisement only ) and has nothing to do with fascism or surpressing free speech ?
Like you said, McDonalds showing happy people eating isn't the whole truth, just like the add showing Donnie having great first 100 days isn't completely true either.

edit on 9-5-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

So you agree that its completely up to the msm what advertisement to run (you admit that it is an advertisement only ) and has nothing to do with fascism or surpressing free speech ?

Yes.
I never stated otherwise.
Why should they be forced to run a commercial that says that they are liars?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Yes.
I never stated otherwise.
Why should they be forced to run a commercial that says that they are liars?

We agree then. I thought you were among the lines that they should have their license revoked because they refused to publish his add.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Better n some that come in here with diarrhea of the keyboard....

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Btw. If things are going that well, like in the commercial, why is it even necessary to advertise it ?

If things are going that well, like in the commercial, why is it even necessary to advertise it ?

Do those same networks air the positives of this presidency?
edit on 5/9/2017 by brutus61 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

It's an ad. And it's bull # too.
Don't go getting all up in arms.
Who the # runs an ad for re-election three months into a term?
He misses the easy peasy part of being on the campaign trail because actual governing is hard.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Those networks can choose to air whatever ads they want.

I'm more interested in the fact that Trump is still putting out campaign ads despite winning months ago.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

If things are going that well, like in the commercial, why is it even necessary to advertise it ?

Do those same networks air the positives of this presidency?

Why should they ? Why would you need a network to tell you whether it's going good or bad anyway ? A good presidency doesent need advertising, does it ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join